Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Alan Wake invited RE comparisons cause it looks so much like a modern RE game, but yeah they aren't really the same or really worth comparing. RE is full stop a better action game but that isn't what AW2 seems to be going for. At least where I am at in the game. And I'm fine with it.

I would not play Alan Wake Mercenaries mode but I also wouldn't expect it to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Alan Wake isn't really an action game and RE4 is one of the best action games ever. I'll be playing AW2 for weird Sam Lake poo poo.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Bugblatter posted:

I’d love DMC6 but Itsuno is busy with Dragon’s Dogma 2.

Street fighter EX4 :cool:

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Oh shitt just got reminded of those mvc4 rumours from not too long ago... :eyepop:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

New Ace Attorney game.....

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Resident evil revelations 3: rebecca returns

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

exquisite tea posted:

I forgot, but was The Clicker ever mentioned as a potential Object of Power in the Control datalogs?

Just got up to this part in Saga's story and welp it seems I have read ahead in the script.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I’m warming to AW2’s combat now that I’m further into the game. It works well as an instrument for tension when it’s a constant threat, especially in Alan’s sections. It just felt poor in the opening hours when narrative and combat was so sharply delineated. It’s not developed enough for pure combat sections, so you wind up wanting to just through those to see the story sections. But when they’re finally all mixed they compliment each other well.

Also, am I remembering something from Control wrong? (spoilers for Alan’s chapter 5 and the later part of Control) When Alan is in the Oceanview Hotel, you can see Jessie and Darling trying to make contact through the televisions. But wasn’t Darling killed/taken by the hiss? How is he around and helping Jessie?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Once I found the crossbow I started liking the combat a lot more. Boom headshot!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Its pretty ridiculous you can cancel the reload animation completely and even retrieve the ammo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Dodge reload cancels... was Alan Wake 2 a CAG all along...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

:getin:

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1709993737349132727

https://twitter.com/Cromwelp/status/1709994717197296081

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Should I be buying the PS4 or PS5 version of Armored Core? I remember something about when it launched the PS4 version performed better

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Hell yeah I would

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Speaking of discs my copy of star ocean 2 has been dispatched. :peanut:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I already bought BG3 why would I buy it again

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Should I be buying the PS4 or PS5 version of Armored Core? I remember something about when it launched the PS4 version performed better

In nutshell PS4 ver is rock solid 60 fps but you might actually experience slightly longer load times because PS4 games are not optimized for SSD.

PS5 is mostly 60 with very minor fps drops that you will most likely not notice. PS5 games are designed to take advantage of SSD so loading times are very short.

I cant really tell the difference between visuals on my tv but I'm assuming PS5 ver looks slightly better.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

WaltherFeng posted:

In nutshell PS4 ver is rock solid 60 fps but you might actually experience slightly longer load times because PS4 games are not optimized for SSD.

PS5 is mostly 60 with very minor fps drops that you will most likely not notice. PS5 games are designed to take advantage of SSD so loading times are very short.

I cant really tell the difference between visuals on my tv but I'm assuming PS5 ver looks slightly better.

Perfect, PS5 it is then

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Frankston posted:

I already bought BG3 why would I buy it again

Let the freaks have their freak behaviour

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

PS5 version of AC6 has an almost identical average frame rate as Elden Ring. So you can judge whether or not you’d notice the dips based on that.

Pulcinella
Feb 15, 2019

Bugblatter posted:

PS5 version of AC6 has an almost identical average frame rate as Elden Ring. So you can judge whether or not you’d notice the dips based on that.

Not even close. PS5 AC6 does a way, way better job of hitting 60 than PS5 ER. Elden Ring almost never hit 60 for me unless I was inside. AC6 is 60 than vast majority of the time. (PS5 ER is still worth it to me over the PS4 version though for the greatly reduced load times).

PS5 ER could probably hit a locked 60 if From was just willing to have the dynamic resolution dip a bit lower.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Yeah I only played 2 missions of ac6 but there's no way ps5 ER is on that level.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
Why’d they make the FSNM requests so drat sad in SM2 wtf

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Why’d they make the FSNM requests so drat sad in SM2 wtf

"You'll help li'l chimney sweep Tim grow up to be strong like you, won't you Mistah Spoidah-Man?"

(6 year-old Chimney Sweep Tim begins hacking up blood into a handkerchief)

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

univbee posted:

"You'll help li'l chimney sweep Tim grow up to be strong like you, won't you Mistah Spoidah-Man?"

Unironically this isn't any different than The Kid Who Collected Spider-Man.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

fridge corn posted:

Breath of Fire Remaster Collection

yes please

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Im enjoying SM2 but sometimes you have to be in a very specific place to get the triangle prompt, and sometimes there is just an enemy chilling somewhere that I cant find to end the sequence.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Just got the SM2 platinum after 29 hrs. I loved the game but I definitely feel like they could’ve given us more

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

hahaha they always cave. :getin:

you hear that mr.lake. you're next. (respectfully, my prince)

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Pulcinella posted:

Not even close. PS5 AC6 does a way, way better job of hitting 60 than PS5 ER. Elden Ring almost never hit 60 for me unless I was inside. AC6 is 60 than vast majority of the time. (PS5 ER is still worth it to me over the PS4 version though for the greatly reduced load times).

PS5 ER could probably hit a locked 60 if From was just willing to have the dynamic resolution dip a bit lower.

I'm surprised people had issues with Elden Ring on PS5. I put in something close to 200 hours last year and I never noticed any slowdown or low FPS or anything, although I guess I'm not super sensitive to that sort of thing as long as the framerate stays reasonably high.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

univbee posted:

lmao

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Phenotype posted:

I'm surprised people had issues with Elden Ring on PS5. I put in something close to 200 hours last year and I never noticed any slowdown or low FPS or anything, although I guess I'm not super sensitive to that sort of thing as long as the framerate stays reasonably high.

I played the PS5 versions of ER and AC6 and didn’t notice any frame rate issues

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3VSPJb3gJE

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Phenotype posted:

You need to have watched digital foundry for 8 hours a day since the channel launched and play pc games in the 2010s with fraps always on to see the issues im afraid

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

people in comments are shocked David Hayter is doing this but iirc Kojima actually did not value Hayter as the voice of Snake that much. Makes sense Konami put Hayter onboard again for good PR.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

univbee posted:

"Hm, Chimney Sweep Tim seems a little strange today. I'll have to check up with him after I find the teddy bear his dead mother made him."

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
Might have done for snake but not as big boss lol

Then again, kojima just wanted to gently caress around making stuff after 3 but konami was like, no another metal gear and you end up him wanting to make a Drive (the bad one, not the good one) character with screen actor scan tech.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 30, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

FireWorksWell posted:

"Hm, Chimney Sweep Tim seems a little strange today. I'll have to check up with him after I find the teddy bear his dead mother made him."

"Finally found the teddy bear, now to scan it with my mask to make sure it's clean. ...Uh oh! It's covered in Ebola virus! Better do a little gene splicing aaaaand there. Perfect. Now instead of making Tim bleed to death from his eyes, Theodore here will just smell like gingerbread."

acksplode
May 17, 2004

This is the store brand version of that AC6 ad with Karl Urban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Just did that chapter in Alan wake 2 everyone keeps mentioning and yeah, game of the year, no other notes.