Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GlenMR
Dec 11, 2005

What is this emotion called "criminal negligence"?
Cratering the Bricklink goat price is certainly an idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

RatHat posted:

Oh poo poo sell your goats now this is not a drill

Whoah a Lego Paralympian, that's pretty cool!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Better pics leaked, it fits inside.

Only one lamp post on the corner rather than two spaced 30 studs apart? Awful. Terrible set

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I don't see any in that wave that I'm keen on. Maybe the goat herd or that one in the bottom middle, but I'll need a closer look.

Gotta wonder if 'red haring' translates to any other language.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Better pics leaked, it fits inside.

gently caress that is such an ugly green

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

ijyt posted:

You watch your mouth talking about olive green.

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!

RatHat posted:

New Bat Lord
Medieval Goat Herder
Medieval Barbarian Warrior
Mushroom Girl
Harpy

All definitely wants.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vampire Inspector Fishmonger is great

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo

HootTheOwl posted:

That's just a red herring

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Huh, the Natural History Museum will release Dec 1st.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

HootTheOwl posted:

Low key one of my favorite mangas

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

The_Doctor posted:

It never made much sense to me that they released the modular after the holidays, but figured that just meant they knew it would sell out and didn't care.

A surprisingly customer friendly move for once by Lego, the first one in a while by my estimation.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

BrickClicker claims that there will be a GwP for the modular early next year, so I’m going to hold off buying until then.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

veni veni veni posted:

I think they are officially out of ideas

ijyt posted:

questionable take zone

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Olive green is a very very common "naturalist" color in the US, super common in forestry, conservation, national parks, outdoor recreation, nature studies, geology, etc., never mind the connections to various uniforms for scouting, outdoorsman orgs, armies, civil corps, etc. It's a perfect color for a general Smalltown America Natural History Museum, which I guess is unfortunate if you dislike olive green, heh.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

mutata posted:

Olive green is a very very common "naturalist" color in the US, super common in forestry, conservation, national parks, outdoor recreation, nature studies, geology, etc., never mind the connections to various uniforms for scouting, outdoorsman orgs, armies, civil corps, etc. It's a perfect color for a general Smalltown America Natural History Museum, which I guess is unfortunate if you dislike olive green, heh.

This is going to upset the British people who thought they had the only natural history museum.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

This is going to upset the British people who thought they had the only natural history museum.

I wonder if there's a specific museum it's modeled after, because it looks nothing like the London or New York Natural History Museums, which are the two that spring to mind for me.

EDIT: It doesn't even look like the Danish one in Copenhagen, which would at least make sense.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I'd reckon its an amalgam of Americana generic museum motifs, which all draw a lot from LA, NYC, and the Smithsonian:

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

veni veni veni posted:

I think they are officially out of ideas

I wish they'd reprint some greatest hits. Who'd be sad if the roman legionaries got another go?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

mutata posted:

I'd reckon its an amalgam of Americana generic museum motifs, which all draw a lot from LA, NYC, and the Smithsonian:

I'm not so sure, it's got a really specific Colonial Revival vibe that neither of those have. I think you're right in that it's hewing more towards a small town look.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reckon you'll see a Haunted Mansion approximation from that set.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've never seen an olive green stone structure in my life but on the other hand their other options would be white or light grey and I approve of lego not putting out display pieces in colors known to turn yellow if a single UV ray hits it.

Though dingy stone museums are pretty common so maybe that would have worked okay.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I'm not so sure, it's got a really specific Colonial Revival vibe that neither of those have. I think you're right in that it's hewing more towards a small town look.

Sure, it's not entirely west coast deco. I'd say Washington DC/new england colonial mixed with the everytown "Main Street USA" vibe they go for with all the other sets. The kind of vibe from a sitcom town where it has all the look and charm of a small midwestern town and all of the funding/facilities of a megametropolis, heh.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

xzzy posted:

I've never seen an olive green stone structure in my life but on the other hand their other options would be white or light grey and I approve of lego not putting out display pieces in colors known to turn yellow if a single UV ray hits it.

Though dingy stone museums are pretty common so maybe that would have worked okay.

The London Natural History Museum is a lovely mix of light and dark sandstone, with blue grey stripes that would be impossible to do in Lego without building the whole facade out of plates rather than bricks.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The London NHM is such a gorgeous building. The tiles and nature themed gargoyles are incredible. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well, it's definitely not the ROM, there's no computer primitives metastasizing out of the front of it

(The best place in Toronto to see the Lee-Chin Crystal is inside it where you can look at all the fossils instead of the Crystal. They've got a bunch of Ediacaran poo poo now!)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

mitochondritom posted:

The London NHM is such a gorgeous building. The tiles and nature themed gargoyles are incredible. It's one of my favorite places in the world.

Yeah, all the carving on the outside is stunning. It’s an amazingly beautiful building. The inclusion of the large dino skeleton in the Lego set makes me wish they’d bring Dippy back.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They leyout made me think of Chicago's Field Museum, with a large dinosaur skeleton as soon as you walk in that also goes outside

Carpet
Apr 2, 2005

Don't press play
edit: never mind

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It could be Dippy, but the actual Dippy is at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, yours is just a plaster copy.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

How about Dublin?

Style-wise, not color.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 30, 2023

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
im not irish but my money dublin

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

RatHat posted:

Fright lord, gently caress yes. My favorite of all the castle line-ups.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Oh it's like a noir guy chasing after a red herring lol.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Gonna buy that full set on eBay

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
https://x.com/LEGO_Group/status/1718995235718795409?s=20

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

lol, coprolite spotted.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It';s a dog heist

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I've already got one of my narrower Ivar shelves filled with the dinosaur skeletons Ideas set, and the matching Creator versions. Definitely need to get that as my first modular, and find a way to combine them all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Make a whole wing for the dinos!