Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Orange Carlisle posted:

MJF's episode of shot of brandi was not only really good but it showed four years ago that he'd be an amazing face character as well if he wanted to be

pretty much what he evolved into now

Agreed. Adding to that, OC's was great because it exposed that he's charming and fun out of character and Mox's episode ruled because Brandi was too drunk to carry it so Mox spent like 10 minutes ranting about what makes mac 'n cheese taste good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

The best Shot of Brandi was the one with Fuego.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I don’t disagree she was a low point in AEW but WWE has decided that Nia Jax and ninja skits are TV worthy and Brandi isn’t. Cody and Brandi just have to live with that.

Yeah, what happened to WWE being this revolutionary place where women get their due and are made into true Stars?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Brandi was never going to be rehired by WWE and she burned the AEW bridge when she tampered with Josh Alexander on live TV.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

fart blood posted:

Brandi was never going to be rehired by WWE and she burned the AEW bridge when she tampered with Josh Alexander on live TV.

Why was she never going to be rehired by WWE, *especially* when she did something to burn bridges by doing something to someone in AEW on live TV?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Why was she never going to be rehired by WWE

Because she sucks out loud even by WWE standards in the ring

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Grendels Dad posted:

Why was she never going to be rehired by WWE

Sydney Bottocks posted:

she was absolutely terrible at doing anything that wasn't "Cody's wife"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because she sucks out loud even by WWE standards in the ring

Oh no, whatever should we do about women anybody related to another sports entertainer we have under contract that loving sucks at what they are supposed to do?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
throw em in the clink like they did to fix Dom

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looks like the Bloodline's getting a new member

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1718754447415779712

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he's not even the good anoa'i member in mlw (i assume jacob fatu is still signed there)

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

he looks like something went wrong while they were cloning roman

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

edogawa rando posted:

I mean, she was often involved in some of the worst segments on every episode of Dynamite and Rampage she appeared on, so this might be a case where they're correct.

Accompanying Cody to the ring for the big matches? That's fine. Having her own segments, storylines, interviews and promos? Ehhhh, I'll pass.

yeah lol im really not trying to be mean but the brandi-separate-from-cody stuff in aew was hands down some of the worst stuff thats ever been on the show and half of the brandi-with-cody stuff qualifies too

she really really really was not good at it and got a ton of time to show it

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Ronin Rains

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
he looks like his dad samu

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JUNGLE BOY posted:

He looks like Bo Dallas cosplaying as Leakee

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Roman Sames

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

KungFu Grip posted:

he's not even the good anoa'i member in mlw (i assume jacob fatu is still signed there)

He was in NOAH's N1 this year and despite being in a Block with Manabu Soya, El Hijo del Dr Wagner Jr, Go Shiozaki, Katsuhiko Nakajima & Yuma Anzai had precisely zero memorable matches. There was nothing bad, even his Saxon Huxley match was extremely mid, it was just nothing.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

yeah lol im really not trying to be mean but the brandi-separate-from-cody stuff in aew was hands down some of the worst stuff thats ever been on the show and half of the brandi-with-cody stuff qualifies too

she really really really was not good at it and got a ton of time to show it

She had that one good promo leading into her match with Allie/The Bunny! But then I remember the story in the match ending in the opposite way it should have so it all went out the window

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Ganso Bomb posted:

She had that one good promo leading into her match with Allie/The Bunny! But then I remember the story in the match ending in the opposite way it should have so it all went out the window

I think "nearly three years of constant presence on tv in the ring, as a wrestler, manager, and leader of her own stable, led to one good promo and a few decent one liners" says more than id ever need to on the matter tbh

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

shiksa posted:

I think "nearly three years of constant presence on tv in the ring, as a wrestler, manager, and leader of her own stable, led to one good promo and a few decent one liners" says more than id ever need to on the matter tbh

All that stuff didn’t even lead to that promo, it was like year-one AEW I think. Everything else was downhill from there.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

shiksa posted:

Two good promos, thank you very much :colbert:

In all seriousness, her promo on Shawn Spears after he'd split Cody's head open with a chair was a drat good promo.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I think it was impressive that Brandi got the crowd to cheer for Dan Lambert.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

bartok posted:

I think it was impressive that Brandi got the crowd to cheer for Dan Lambert.

That was such a bizarre segment. Lambert's character was misogynistic, over-the-top rude, and incredibly unpleasant...and Brandi comes out and cuts this incredible heel promo for no reason (she's supposed to be the face) that makes the crowd cheer for Lambert.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

We Got Us A Bread posted:

That was such a bizarre segment. Lambert's character was misogynistic, over-the-top rude, and incredibly unpleasant...and Brandi comes out and cuts this incredible heel promo for no reason (she's supposed to be the face) that makes the crowd cheer for Lambert.

I hated Lambert segments. Go away heat from me.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The only good thing about the Lambert segments was bringing Paige VanZant out, because she absolutely had the look and mindset for pro wrestling. The other dudes Lambert brought out just looked like they were playacting, but PVZ absolutely nailed being a smarmy heel.

Then she got injured during training, started up her OnlyFans, and made more money in one day from that than she'd made during her entire MMA career, and that was that :sigh:

(I :sigh: because we clearly got deprived of a wrestling superstar in the making, but it's good that she's making a lot of money without having to risk injury for it)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

PZV had her OnlyFans long before she got injured dring training

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Alaois posted:

PZV had her OnlyFans long before she got injured dring training

Huh, I always thought she started that after getting hurt, just to make some money since she wouldn't be able to wrestle/fight/etc., and discovered it paid quite handsomely indeed

Anyhow she's not even in WWE so let's get back to Brandi chat :v:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Huh, I always thought she started that after getting hurt, just to make some money since she wouldn't be able to wrestle/fight/etc., and discovered it paid quite handsomely indeed

Anyhow she's not even in WWE so let's get back to Brandi chat :v:

Brandi isn’t either, take it to the yoga thread!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Shard posted:

I hated Lambert segments. Go away heat from me.

Same, man. It was the worst kind of cheap heat and early 2000s WWE misogyny. Glad the fucker isn't around anymore.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Lambert got over against Brandi because black women get poo poo on unfairly constantly all the time for doing anything in america and wrestling fans are performatively woke sometimes when it comes to anything besides surface level cm punk style activism

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Lambert got over against Brandi because black women get poo poo on unfairly constantly all the time for doing anything in america and wrestling fans are performatively woke sometimes when it comes to anything besides surface level cm punk style activism

EMF she literally did cheap heat "people from *this town* are stupid!" heel lines in the middle of her promo against Dan Lambert

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

she came out as a spooky witch and demanded to be taken seriously

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

I thought we were talking about Brandi, not Julia Hart?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Eat My Fuc posted:

well i for one am not performatively woke thank you very much

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Alaois posted:

EMF she literally did cheap heat "people from *this town* are stupid!" heel lines in the middle of her promo against Dan Lambert

Forget it, Alaois; it's EMF.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Eat My Fuc posted:

Stop reading rovert tweets. It'll make your life so much better.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Yawn we can talk when you use this to defend Nia Jax, a situation where it is actually true.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

Eat My Fuc posted:

idk if that's true since Jade, Athena, Sasha Banks, and Bianca are pretty dang over. Brandi was just kind of bad at being a TV character. Loved her in Shot of Brandi though, and any time she was defending her husband (or helping him in his quest to become Thich Quang Duc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Brandi sucks at wrestling independent of her race and/or gender, ya drat goon