Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

NattyBo posted:

All 3 jurisdictions (DC, MD, VA) are now jockying to entice the team. DC is working to get the RFK site transferred from the federal govt. Current mayor is publicly courting the team.

In MD, governor is supportive & they’re offering the land next to FedEx and offering to build town center style developments around it or some such.

VA governor is supportive of bringing the team but VA always makes noise and I’m not sure anything would get through their legislature.

I think it’s fair to say every thinking WSH fan prefers a return to the city proper.

Just....not freaking Ashburn or Woodbridge. At least be NEAR DC. Most of the VA sites seemed pretty far in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

Just....not freaking Ashburn or Woodbridge. At least be NEAR DC. Most of the VA sites seemed pretty far in general.

Yeah, that would be dismal. RFK site is perfect in so many ways because it’s so easy to get to from MD&VA. Plus metro accessible.

Speaking of Ashburn, I’ve been harping on this for like 15 years now but the team practice facilities are a joke. They look and feel like a 1990s DII program facility. It’s an old rear end office park. Whatever ends up happening with the new stadium, a new training facility is a must. I think they own all that land out there in Ca$hburn, so it shouldn’t be too hard to just build a modern facility on the same land.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I just remembered the NFLPA report cards from earlier this year, and the Commanders grades are grim:

https://nflpa.com/washington-commanders-report-card

quote:

The Washington Commanders are ranked 32nd (last) in our team guide. Besides the strength coaches who received great feedback and grades as one of the best groups in the league, the rest of the club’s operations and facilities were rated by player respondents at the bottom of every single category.

The locker room does not have confidence that club owner Dan Snyder is willing to invest to upgrade the facilities, as player responses rank him 31st in this category.

Players had significantly more concerns with each area of the facility than the player respondents on any other team. For example, they were the team most consistently identified as having an understaffed training room.

Players also reported that they have some of the smallest hot and cold tubs for players’ recovery, and only 35% of players feel like they have enough personal space in their locker room. Finally, there are complaints of a lack of warm water and issues with poor drainage in the showers.

Only 22% of players feel like they have enough space on team flights. The Commanders are one of six teams in the NFL that make a segment of their players have roommates before games and one of seven teams in the NFL that do not offer their players first class seats.
Granted, a lot of this was Snyder being a cheap bastard, but hopefully the new ownership can at least do something about improving the facilities in the interim while a new permanent home gets worked out. It might be a few years out before that happens.

shyduck fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Oct 30, 2023

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
making a professional athlete sit in economy plus conditions hours before putting their career and your team's season on the line. very wise distribution of resources

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

indigi posted:

making a professional athlete sit in economy plus conditions hours before putting their career and your team's season on the line. very wise distribution of resources
No it's fine, football players are not famously extremely large or anything. They can definitely fit into economy seats comfortably.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
That’s why I always hated the idiots who were like “Snyder just wants to win! At least he spends!”

Well, can only go up from here. Even a lovely to mediocre season isn’t going to steal my sunshine when it comes to ditching Dan. All about what we can do to move forward. Like I said - stockpile resources, get a GM and a coach, keep working on the stadium behind the scenes…might be a professional outfit in a few more seasons.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Chase Young’s dad called into local sports radio to defend Chase.

It did not go well. From what I remember he compared Chase to Michael Jordan, among other outlandish statements lol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Dan Snyder probably had an airline credit card he charged everything to and would send the team using the accrued miles

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Dallas Cowboys won and it was really cool and I just wanted to let the thread know how happy I am about it.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
A blocked punt? How rad! That's rad as heck!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Chase Young’s dad called into local sports radio to defend Chase.

It did not go well. From what I remember he compared Chase to Michael Jordan, among other outlandish statements lol

I saw enough from Chase so far this season that I’d bring him back on a cheap to medium contract. But like if some other team wants to pay out the rear end go right ahead, I don’t trust his injury history.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

The Dallas Cowboys won and it was really cool and I just wanted to let the thread know how happy I am about it.

Have you considered, however, that they might lose next week?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Vengarr posted:

Pretty banal stuff for a game played at FedEx field actually

True. Remember when a collapsed railing tried to kill Jalen?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

shyduck posted:

Dan Snyder probably had an airline credit card he charged everything to and would send the team using the accrued miles
Further proof of what a schmuck he is; you use business expensed stuff to accumulate the miles and then spend them on personal poo poo

ask me about how one of my brothers never pays for his own plane tickets because his job used to send him consulting all across the country

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

A blocked punt? How rad! That's rad as heck!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CapnAndy posted:

Further proof of what a schmuck he is; you use business expensed stuff to accumulate the miles and then spend them on personal poo poo

ask me about how one of my brothers never pays for his own plane tickets because his job used to send him consulting all across the country

Snyder made his fortune essentially marketing poo poo to college students and then being an advertising company in the early 90s was like the easiest way to make a fortune

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
if the eagles remember they have a running game, they should be able to take dallas down

if they try to go into full shootout mode, man, that could go a billion different ways

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I’ll be legitimately floored if KC doesn’t trade for another receiver and banks on the “Hope Kelce doesn’t get hurt and Mahomes :ssj:s the rest of the receiving corps into respectability” working all the way through the Superbowl again. Seems pretty arrogant when you have the Eagles going all out and the Cowboys making those big offseason deals to improve themselves.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1719060572484915346

Pretty good haul for a guy who was definitely going to walk at the end of the season anyway

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
He always played really hard and was a great Giant for many years. Getting a 2nd and a 5th when he was one of the biggest contract bloats on the roster is great too.

Now it's time to trade Barkley :)

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Montez Sweat to the Bears for a 2 apparently

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NattyBo posted:

gently caress yes, better than we could hope. Gonna miss him though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status/1719385723965460857?s=20

https://youtu.be/nN5grynL3pE?si=3vWloyawCmtoKyoN

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Oct 31, 2023

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

NattyBo posted:

Can’t believe the bears are this dumb. Sweat is good but giving up a high 2 during a rebuild??

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Diqnol posted:

Can’t believe the bears are this dumb. Sweat is good but giving up a high 2 during a rebuild??

It’s got to be weird for you other NFC East fans to see us on the right side of a trade for once lol

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NattyBo posted:

It’s got to be weird for you other NFC East fans to see us on the right side of a trade for once lol

No loving lie. I bet Josh Harris told Ron and Jack to turn their phones off and take a sick day, he’s got this.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Its bullshit

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Also friendly reminder for trade rumors: Any tweet, note, story or leak that isn't "player x has officially been traded to team Y" Is either a team or a player's agent trying to drum up interest or affect the market somehow through one of their friends in the media

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

This is some team trying to get WSH 's asking price down

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’ll take a third or a fourth and change for Chase. He’s too streaky this season and probably gonna get injured again. I’d also extend him for a cheap to medium deal though. We’ve got cap space out the rear end next year, especially with Sweat gone.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Also someone call the Vikings and say Brisset is ready to go.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Cartoon Man posted:

Also someone call the Vikings and say Brisset is ready to go.

The Browns should bring home home. I’d let him go for anything, 5-7th rounders. He walks for nothing after the season.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

So that's the Commies and Giants throwing in the towel, then?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

I’ll take a third or a fourth and change for Chase. He’s too streaky this season and probably gonna get injured again. I’d also extend him for a cheap to medium deal though. We’ve got cap space out the rear end next year, especially with Sweat gone.

You can't get a second for Sweat and then ask for even less for Young, better to just let him walk if you aren't gonna franchise him. you'll get that comp 3rd anyway with how much rushers are paid. but I think they bring him back on the tag for at least one year

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

immediately proven wrong on all counts

less than four minutes between me hitting post and this tweet. I’m a genius

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

indigi posted:

immediately proven wrong

Surprised Howie couldn't swing this for a 6th and a postcard of Independence Hall

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

CapnAndy posted:

So that's the Commies and Giants throwing in the towel, then?

Commies season ended Sunday afternoon.

0-3 in division, 3-5 overall.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Great trade again

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
3 picks in the top 50 I’m ecstatic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/DMRussini/status/1719426008741290401?s=20

Go get something for Brisset and make my day complete! Fire Ron while you’re at it!