Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
The limbo of quests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

The execution of the Waverider quest loving sucks.
I don't even mind the K-Drive challenges but why the gently caress are you forcing 12 loading screens, minimum, into a quest with absolute minimum amount of content?!

There's someone at DE who made a deal with Satan in order to not die and he trades inflicted loading screens for heartbeats, he sits next to the scavenger hunts for heartbeats guy.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I just finished the Waverider quest yesterday and had a nice time with it v:)v

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

SIGSEGV posted:

There's someone at DE who made a deal with Satan in order to not die and he trades inflicted loading screens for heartbeats, he sits next to the scavenger hunts for heartbeats two cutscenes for every mission guy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I loved the pre-nerf Waverider challenges and was completely baffled by how difficult some people found them.

Except the one that required killing enemies with a groundpound because k-drives deal like single digit damage and only on a direct hit. That was a baffling inclusion in a quest that otherwise made me feel like I was playing THPS with guns and cool space dogs

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Did a 20 minute kuva survival alert last night, thinking I'd knock out the two 7,000 rep nightwatch weeklies (survive over 20 minutes in kuva survival, complete a survival mission reaching at least 20 minutes) in one fell swoop. Turns out, it counted towards neither! Never change, warframe.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

free hubcaps posted:

Did a 20 minute kuva survival alert last night, thinking I'd knock out the two 7,000 rep nightwatch weeklies (survive over 20 minutes in kuva survival, complete a survival mission reaching at least 20 minutes) in one fell swoop. Turns out, it counted towards neither! Never change, warframe.

If you have a host migration in the middle of it, your mission timer will be reset, that's one thing to watch out for.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Runa posted:

Except the one that required killing enemies with a groundpound because k-drives deal like single digit damage and only on a direct hit. That was a baffling inclusion in a quest that otherwise made me feel like I was playing THPS with guns and cool space dogs

That was the only problematic one, yeah. But boy was it real awful!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I didn't find that to be so bad.

Looking at the wiki, there's apparently a special move that K-Drives can do that you're supposed to use

but I just landed normally on a trash mob twice and they died.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

The special move is what Runa mentioned as doing single-digit damage, unless you get them right on the head. And the hitbox interaction there is pretty inscrutable.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
It's all worth it anyhow, because Yareli rules.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

FishMcCool posted:

It's all worth it anyhow, because Yareli rules.

:yeah: I hope one day we get a mod that lets us use primary on merulina, though

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I've been playing a bunch of Vauban lately and it's not even funny how he's basically just a straight up better than Limbo.

Tether Coil is practically useless and I don't see a reason to spend energy on one Photon Strike when three Flechette Orbs do a much much better job, but other than that his kit is super solid.

I just wish that they would change the way his 2 controls. You really should be able to use specific gadgets by inputting two buttons in a sequence 2 - 1, 2 - 2, etc, instead of this cycling bullshit you do now.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 30, 2023

Waffle Shake
Aug 24, 2015

Runa posted:

I loved the pre-nerf Waverider challenges and was completely baffled by how difficult some people found them.

It wasn't hard, although somewhat poorly explained (as usual). It was grating because you were having to learn stunts and skills that you'll never use again. Space Tony Hawk is a cute idea but there's never any reason to do the tricks. They don't even get you bonus time on the races or anything. It's not content, it's arbitrary busy work.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Jack Trades posted:

I've been playing a bunch of Vauban lately and it's not even funny how he's basically just a straight up better than Limbo.

Tether Coil is practically useless and I don't see a reason to spend energy on one Photon Strike when three Flechette Orbs do a much much better job, but other than that his kit is super solid.

I just wish that they would change the way his 2 controls. You really should be able to use specific gadgets by inputting two buttons in a sequence 2 - 1, 2 - 2, etc, instead of this cycling bullshit you do now.

And of course, there's Vector Pad to auto-send teammates out of bounds, eject them from extraction, or simply to make sure they don't stand in that spot you don't like people to stand in. :troll:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

FishMcCool posted:

And of course, there's Vector Pad to auto-send teammates out of bounds, eject them from extraction, or simply to make sure they don't stand in that spot you don't like people to stand in. :troll:

That's the cherry on top.
Shame about the bounce pads.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tether coil does have larger range than bastille, so you can use it to drag more enemies into your killbox. but personally, i find that constantly pausing to switch my 2 around is pretty annoying. flechette is by far the best one so i mostly stick with that.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
They could easily put the the overdrive mine and vector pad onto this 1 and 3 with a press/hold distinction so that way minelayer doesn't need to bother with the switching.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

yeah any time that I see a frame that has a rotary skill I figure I'm only going to ever reliably use one option of the set

Wisp being the exception since it's largely a set and forget for most of the missions I'd bring them for.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Rubix Squid posted:

They could easily put the the overdrive mine and vector pad onto this 1 and 3 with a press/hold distinction so that way minelayer doesn't need to bother with the switching.

Yeah but then you wouldn't have this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0ERjNhI1BI

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Vaubans legit in the top 3 for basically every endgame thing except for open world bosses since both flechette orb and proton strike scales infinitely.

Nalesh fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 31, 2023

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Nalesh posted:

Vaubans legit in the top 3 for basically every endgame thing except for open world bosses since both flechette orb and proton strike scales infinitely.
the only caveat is that proton strike sucks even with its level scaling, since it uses a bad damage type with poor scaling options.

but otherwise he has no problem with pretty much any content all the way to level cap.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

FZeroRacer posted:

the only caveat is that proton strike sucks even with its level scaling, since it uses a bad damage type with poor scaling options.

but otherwise he has no problem with pretty much any content all the way to level cap.

Oh yeah 10 times outta 10 I switch proton strike with gara's spectrorage and spectrosiphon augment. Flechette orb is more than enough damage wise even before stupid gimmicks to increase its damage like the weapon switch mod for example.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Captainicus posted:

:yeah: I hope one day we get a mod that lets us use primary on merulina, though

god,

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Give Yareli an augment that makes Merulina control like normal controls and not floating 2 feet above the ground so that I have to dismount to get through some doorways.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

Give Yareli an augment that makes Merulina control like normal controls and not floating 2 feet above the ground so that I have to dismount to get through some doorways.

Much like the mod that disables zephyr's floating in the air, I would never ever use it but respect those who would choose to do so

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

So much poo poo has been added.

I have decided that I will just focus on getting one frame up to scratch and equipped to hopefully do a bit of everything, and then use that complete all the questlines. Is Saryn P still strong, and does anyone have a good build guide and weapon loadout for her?

And with the helminth system, do I have to level a frame to 30 to subsume it? And if I want to use multiple abilities from the one frame, do I have to have multiple versions of the same frame?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

NPR Journalizard posted:

And with the helminth system, do I have to level a frame to 30 to subsume it? And if I want to use multiple abilities from the one frame, do I have to have multiple versions of the same frame?

1. No need to rank the frame at all, you can feed any non-prime, rank 0 frame without issue.
2. You can have one subsumed ability PER LOADOUT (https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Helminth#Injecting_and_Replacing_Abilities). So you can run different abilities in your A, B, C, D, etc. loadouts, individually.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Saryn is plenty strong. She isn't tanky by any means but that doesn't mean she can't be made tanky. She still has the healing augment for her decoy, if you don't have any other easy healing options, and the +damage aug for her 3 when you need to single target or buff guns and melee when you don't want to or can't rely on your abilities.

Other good 'do everything' frame options are Rhino, Nezha, Revenant, Voruna, and Lavos. Though those first three are probably more in reach depending on how far back you are on overall progress.

E: err, Saryn bonus damage augment is for her 1, her 3 is already bonus damage.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Turns out I have a reasonable collection of frames.

I have rhino and nezha. I put a lot of time in with Inaros, I have prime varients of Nekros, Mirage, Mesa, Trinity, plus a bunch of standard frames.

I think the last one I got was Hildryn.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

NPR Journalizard posted:

So much poo poo has been added.

I have decided that I will just focus on getting one frame up to scratch and equipped to hopefully do a bit of everything, and then use that complete all the questlines. Is Saryn P still strong, and does anyone have a good build guide and weapon loadout for her?

saryn p is still pretty good and has multiple ways to build her, you can either go for max power + duration for her 3, or max range + splash of power / duration for spores.

if you want a good do everything frame id recommend farming up the newest frame released Dagath, she's a quick and easy farm.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Saryn can also turn into an absurd weapon platform nowadays by using the augment for her 1 and putting nourish on her 4, three different damage boosts with two of them affecting the squad.

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?

Gonkish posted:

1. No need to rank the frame at all, you can feed any non-prime, rank 0 frame without issue.

Make sure you have it mastered before you subsume it though. Wouldn't want to have to rebuild it again for that mastery!

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Good twitch drops this week, glad I checked

Weapon Slot

Warframe Slot 

Aura Forma (built) 

Stance Forma (built) 

Forma (built) 

Umbra Forma (built)

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this nightwave season is ending on the 22nd

if you have some of the old nightwave augments (efficient beams sticks out to me) but dont use them, now would be an excellent time to sell. they are being added to the nightwave store going forward.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

big cummers ONLY posted:

Good twitch drops this week, glad I checked

Weapon Slot

Warframe Slot 

Aura Forma (built) 

Stance Forma (built) 

Forma (built) 

Umbra Forma (built)

I watched the wf international stream a little bit ago and drops were broken; hopefully fixed by tomorrow.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
Yeah, looks like the counter was ticking for most of the stream. I was just able to claim my first bag.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I quit after the 1st/2nd open world area because they were really boring and unfun for me. Prior to that I played the game a ton with people here and had everything. I even liked the raids before they were removed & archwing despite its buggy and incomplete nature.

What has been added to the game since then, did they do anything to improve open world content, and have they done a bunch of other stuff since then that's not open world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
They've added a bunch of stuff to the story and added more warframes and guns and have revamped many old things but for distinct additions since Fortuna you have:
  • Update 25 - New mission type: Disruption. Put a key into a little tower and defend it from a big beeping dude that is trying to come blow it up. One of the best mission types the game has, but not very many rewards tied to it.
    ?? - Nightwave. A battle pass system that replaced the old alert system. No way to spend any money on it. You just grind weekly/daily challenges and it's pretty generous with its rewards.
    ?? - Melee rework. They drastically overhauled the melee system. You no longer have to do weird combos, you just hit things for a lot of damage.
  • Update 26 - Kuva Liches. A version of nemesis mode from Shadow of Mordor games. You make a random enemy dude into a villain and then chase them across the star chart until you eventually are able to trigger a final confrontation and vanquish them for their gun or convert them into an (not very useful) ally that can be summoned like a spectre.
    ?? - Removed self damage with explosive guns. Now you stagger yourself (mini CC) if you're in the explosion radius, which can be bypassed by certain mods and abilities.
  • Update 27 - Railjack. You rebuild an old war battleship and fly it around in special space missions. You have multiple objectives that require coordination between different roles and it's fun when you have a full team who knows what they're doing. But it's kind of dead nowadays and you mostly solo with npc crew members.
  • Update 28 - Steel Path. It's the star chart but everything starts 100 levels higher and has 2.5x modifiers to health armor and shields. Comes with a variety of unique rewards that are pretty strong.
  • Update 29 - Deimos open world, based around the infested. Introduced necramechs, which are summonable old war mechs you jump into and do a lot of damage with (in open worlds and railjack only).
    ?? - Helminth system. Every warframe has a designated ability that can be stored in a library (actually a monster's stomach) and then you can use it override an ability on one of your other frames. Basically you can customize ability sets slightly.
    ?? - Enhanced Graphics Engine. New shaders and whatever. It works well.
  • Update 30 - Reworked prime vault into prime resurgence, making vaulted prime stuff rotate more often. Added corpus liches (Sisters of Parvos) and corpus railjack missions.
  • Update 31 - The New War. Big story payoff. New mission types (Void Flood and Void Cascade and Void Armageddon) and new faction with bounty missions based around doing the new mission types. Big rework to focus trees. A new dormizone housing area to decorate.
  • Update 32 - Veilbreaker. New missions/faction where you control a grineer dude and have to do really bad and slow and repetitive RP missions with him every week to grind stuff. It's real bad but some ppl will defend it for some reason. Also added Archon Hunts which are a kind of cool weekly boss fight that works like a harder version of sorties.
  • Update 33 - Duviri Paradox. A rogue-lite mode that serves as an alternate starting point for new players but also has a chunk of content for veterans. It has an open world bounty system and a separate mode called circuit which is like rotating bite-sized normal missions. Doing the circuit weekly on steel path is one of the main current end game things.
  • Update 34 - Current update. Mainly QoL fixes.

Open world zones have been reworked and mostly improved from where they were originally. The bounties still kind of suck and can be buggy, but almost all of the side activities have been tweaked to be smoother and more fun. There have been many and extensive reworks to almost every system in the game and lots of ability/gun/mod changes. Most of them are really good. I've also probably overlooked some stuff.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 2, 2023