Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Japan is a very advanced nation, as explained earlier in the thread. I believe they may have funnel technology.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

I don't think it would be so easy for a girl to do that...

maybe not for a casual gamer...

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

I forgot to say this on the last panel, but I just realized I was mixing up with , so all the times I said "training system" it was supposed to be more like "person in charge of training" or probably just "trainer". Oops. I'll go back and fix it later.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Devils Affricate posted:

I don't think it would be so easy for a girl to do that...

Today is the day you learn about the shewee and other fun products for women and people who squat to pee! Unironic yay!

RoeCocoa
Oct 23, 2010

best bale posted:

Today is the day you learn about the shewee and other fun products for women and people who squat to pee! Unironic yay!

Okay, but is the day that you sign for delivery of your (soul)sister's SheWee the day you resign her to a life of bottling? Or is it the day you take her to a baseball game?

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

RoeCocoa posted:

Okay, but is the day that you sign for delivery of your (soul)sister's SheWee the day you resign her to a life of bottling? Or is it the day you take her to a baseball game?

Whoa whoa whoa. I appreciate your interest and the important questions, but let’s all stop and really think for the next 6 hours whether or not to have a snack and if so, which one

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Well, my iMac desktop with a educational key for Adobe Creative Suite from 2005 finally bit the dust. :ghost:

Can anyone recommend a full featured image editor that's free or at the very least decently priced so I don't have to deal with modern day Adobe?

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Krita

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Krita yeah. Or you could maybe even get away with Paint.net

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Well, my iMac desktop with a educational key for Adobe Creative Suite from 2005 finally bit the dust. :ghost:

Can anyone recommend a full featured image editor that's free or at the very least decently priced so I don't have to deal with modern day Adobe?

A while back I had to try and reinstall my wife's copy of CS2 even though Adobe has long ago turned off the activation servers. Turns out they just had a link to download a version without activation, a key to install it with, and a stern warning that everyone was on the honor system. Maybe they've done something similar for your version?

Unless you want image software that isn't old enough to drive.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I mainly kept that iMac around because it had the last version of OSX that supported Rosetta and legacy Mac programs. I've tried various "virtual machine" programs to try to get my *very old* copy of creative suite working on my current personal computer, but I found it more trouble than it was worth.

I'll play around with Krita and see how it goes.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

I didn't like the text options in Krita, so here's an attempt with GIMP.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

totally thought it was a toilet fakeout

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
isn't it? there's a sink

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

isn't it? there's a sink

In Japan, it's common for homes to have a sink for hand washing on top of the toilet tank so the used water can help fill the tank underneath. They also usually have a little separate room for just the toilet and the sink on top, separate from the rest of the bathroom where you wash your body.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

I like Pixelmator but not sure if it will make the text as blocky as needed.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

pnumoman posted:

In Japan, it's common for homes to have a sink for hand washing on top of the toilet tank so the used water can help fill the tank underneath. They also usually have a little separate room for just the toilet and the sink on top, separate from the rest of the bathroom where you wash your body.

The latter part is also common in Europe and I was surprised to learn recently it's very rare / non-existent in the US.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

This took me a long time to translate that sound effect because I thought he was holding a piece of paper. :doh: What an extremely smooth controller...

Paint.NET was how I started and used for a while, but making any kind of change to text meant you needed to remake the whole text. This was especially annoying when you just wanted to move a word to the next line or fix a small typo but you clicked away from the textbox. You also just end up with tons of layers that are hard to work with or one layer with everything in one.
Krita is great - except it doesn't support anti-anti-aliased text.
Indeed 95% of your problems with finding a program will be: Does it support aliased text?
If you can stomach GIMP, maybe that's a good option.

Photoshop costs money now, but it has been working well for me, so I just consider it a business expense. :10bux:

Brother Make fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 31, 2023

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Apparently you can get Krita to not apply anti-aliasing by adding an alpha layer, though at this point it might just be easier to use something else

https://krita-artists.org/t/disabling-antialias-on-vector-objects/11395/4

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
Photopea is a browser app that tries to hew close to old style Photoshop. It might do the trick for an easy swap.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The Daily Life Of A Certain NEET: What I did was pointless

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Slimy Hog posted:

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

Slimy Hog posted:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Slimy Hog posted:

extremely same

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!

Slimy Hog posted:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

Krita yeah. Or you could maybe even get away with Paint.net

Yeah, paint.net has enough features for simple things like this. Unless you're making animated gifs it's fine.

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

Slimy Hog posted:

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Wholesome-NEET is going to find out the game company is a Yakuza front and have a moral dilemma about it for 500 pages over his lunch break

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Oh poo poo maybe something IS gonna happen

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

R.L. Stine posted:

Wholesome-NEET is going to find out the game company is a Yakuza front and have a moral dilemma about it for 500 pages over his lunch break

And then continue working there

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I'm thinking QA NEET is going to end up leaking the super secret training manual somehow, likely due to bad influence from Izawa

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
This is the super NEET timeline we're talking about. A short period of reflection is nothing a neet can't handle. He'll be back at it in no time.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I like how we've unceremoniously transitioned back to NEET from the sisters. Would not be surprised if we never see them or the other guy again now

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

"Through the clue provided by Sara, the police rapidly figured out the whole plan and arrested all criminals, successfully preventing the house from being burned down. After the trial, Goro was sent to lunatic asylum receiving psychological treatment. He was discharged from the hospital in 2012."

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

Lotus Aura posted:

I like how we've unceremoniously transitioned back to NEET from the sisters. Would not be surprised if we never see them or the other guy again now

lol i totally forgot about the other guy plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 105