Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Freaquency posted:

I’m not seeing anything in stock :mad:

not seeing out of stock here

https://tru-tone.com/pages/vintage-style-led-christmas-bulbs-c9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Happy Birthday Fiz!

Also yeah if it’s legit wagyu then go for the marbling, medium rare at most. Also seconding to follow the lead of the hosts, it’s one thing to get treated but another to start looking like a pushover and mark for luxury stuff.

Meanwhile at the other end of child land Ms 1.5 has started to learn more words and shift into the “saying no” slash ‘want to do everything myself’ phase. But she also knows how to give hugs too :3:

https://youtu.be/Sff7Kc77QAY

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ah I was looking at the complete sets

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

Physical Chemistry laid bare all my shortcuts in understanding in both calculus and physics and made me step away from college for the past 18yrs. Shame is a powerful emotion.

In the meantime, our society somehow lets a 40 year college dropout with an intense crash course in emergency medicine run from place to place to occasionally attempt save lives in homes, hotels, gas station bathrooms, the middle of roadways, sidewalks….

It’s been fun (sometimes) but I’m very glad to be on a pathway out. Relearning all my physics and calculus has been actually fun and I’m much more focused on the material rather than the grade (which has followed easily).

back in....2003 i think i took an EMT class at the local community college with the intent of going that route and maybe going into nursing, graduated the class and everything but when i found out how little an emt-b makes i just stayed doing software stuff. kudos on being able to stay with it, and hopefully school proves easier the second time around

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yooooo, heating pads are the poo poo! I might need more than one….:kimchi:

But yeah, it really is obscene how little EMTs make. You can say that about a lot of jobs! My own included, even.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Luckily that’s mostly changed and I make a decent enough living as a medic (and have for awhile—usually pay is ~20-30% higher for paramedic in most 911 systems).

It’s mostly the physical stuff and the hours and frankly the actual quality of work life that makes it untenable as I get older. 14yrs has been enough. Time to do something with regular hours and fewer bed bugs and arterial bleeds to look out for.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

No Butt Stuff posted:

I wanna add on this a little.

Follow the lead of the supplier. Who is taking you out? The implementation team or the salesman? If they order something crazy expensive then you can no problem. If they don’t, then I’d go Filet or Ribeye (probably filet because then you can focus on the sides and appetizers as well while still getting a tender cut of beef.)

I dealt with a lot of this a few years back when I negotiated a larger contract and then got tasked with implementation. Once a week or so I’d be at an expensive steakhouse for a hundred dollar steak and a gallon of beer.

Have a good time and you’ll find yourself at more of these.

It's the EVP of the subsidiary of the company taking us out. It's a huge conglomerate subsidiary so I know they got the money. Its probably the... 3rd time I've been taken out like this from a supplier? Anyway, everything on the menu starts at $60 with the steaks costing $90ish. The wagyu tomahawk also comes with a lobster tail and runs $350ish, but I think I'd rather go ribeye + sides, and get glasses of wine of whatever the EVP gets and go wild.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Yeah appetizers/sides are a good call especially if they're shareable. Communal eating is always fun.

Getting a nice digestif like a brandy to go along with a just-sweet-enough dessert is also a solid move.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.
I regret to inform many of you that "you're doing it wrong"

You get the Waygu Tomahawk for the table then get whatever steak you want for yourself.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

How the gently caress is a meeting that starts at my finish time on a motherfucking FRIDAY even remotely in someone's loving head as a good idea.

No you motherfuckers the offer of dinner afterwards is not loving perk.

gently caress me.

gently caress.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
everything on the company dime? time to order some top shelf drinks and the surf and turf or whatever

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

How the gently caress is a meeting that starts at my finish time on a motherfucking FRIDAY even remotely in someone's loving head as a good idea.

gently caress me.

gently caress.

Decline the invite.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Intruder posted:

everything on the company dime? time to order some top shelf drinks and the surf and turf or whatever

I quit drinking except a couple beers when I'm home watching the footy. So nah.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Decline the invite.

Yeah im going to. Just hate when someone does this kind of poo poo because I know what's going to happen.

Why can't you be team player? Everyone else is willing to?.... gently caress you thats why.

Annoys me when people set me up to say no to dumb poo poo. Don't ask dumb poo poo in the first loving place know what I mean?

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BlindSite posted:

Yeah im going to. Just hate when someone does this kind of poo poo because I know what's going to happen.

Why can't you be team player? Everyone else is willing to?.... gently caress you thats why.

Annoys me when people set me up to say no to dumb poo poo. Don't ask dumb poo poo in the first loving place know what I mean?

When you decline, just ask to be sent the meeting notes. Shows you care, but people hate taking meeting notes so you're in the clear. Worst case scenario, meeting just became an e-mail. Or if it's a meeting you know they'll be a follow up to, just ask to be added to the follow up from the start.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

gently caress me.

gently caress.

Was going to say “well that’s rude of the Europeans” but nah, if it’s a meeting rolling into dinner? On a Friday? Sorry, next time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Happy late birthday, fiz.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Welp

Don’t recall how much I’ve posted about it in here, but my addict sister has been being a huge piece of poo poo to my parents lately for trying to get her in rehab, therapy, anything to help get her poo poo together because they already lost one child to addiction 15 years ago. Found out it’s two this morning. She was supposed to stay at our Aunt’s because my parents said she wasn’t welcome in their home anymore, but I guess that changed at some point and she went out and scored last night after showing up to therapy drunk and then running away from my parents. Got arrested for DUI and parents picked her back up. Mom checked in on her this morning before going to work and found her dead.

Probably not going to her funeral. gently caress you.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

T-Square posted:

Welp

Don’t recall how much I’ve posted about it in here, but my addict sister has been being a huge piece of poo poo to my parents lately for trying to get her in rehab, therapy, anything to help get her poo poo together because they already lost one child to addiction 15 years ago. Found out it’s two this morning. She was supposed to stay at our Aunt’s because my parents said she wasn’t welcome in their home anymore, but I guess that changed at some point and she went out and scored last night after showing up to therapy drunk and then running away from my parents. Got arrested for DUI and parents picked her back up. Mom checked in on her this morning before going to work and found her dead.

Oh god. That's horrible and I'm sorry for your family. :(

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm sorry. That sucks. Addiction is hell, and it is hard on everyone around it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

T-Square posted:

Welp

Jesus.

Sorry dude

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

T-Square posted:

Welp

I'm so sorry for you and your family. My little sister is an addict, so that stuff hits super close to home and you have my condolences.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ah jeez, I vaguely recall you mentioning this before but I'm really sorry to hear about that.

My wife's brother is going through something in the substance abuse category right now, really hoping it doesn't break this way for him.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

T-Square posted:

Welp

gently caress man that sucks, I'm sorry. I hope your parents are doing ok, that has to be extremely rough.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Holy crap T-Square, that’s awful. I can’t even imagine the pain you’re in right now. Jesus.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:allbuttons: T-Square. My condolences.

I know you said you won't attend the funeral but if your parents ask you may want to reconsider. Did you attend your other sibling's funeral? Either way as much as you disliked your sister's life choices it may be worth going to give it a straightforward closure point.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

No Butt Stuff posted:

Jesus.

Sorry dude

Wish I had more to add, T-Square, that’s awful.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
I’m so sorry, T- Square.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Android Apocalypse posted:

:allbuttons: T-Square. My condolences.

I know you said you won't attend the funeral but if your parents ask you may want to reconsider. Did you attend your other sibling's funeral? Either way as much as you disliked your sister's life choices it may be worth going to give it a straightforward closure point.

Yeah, funerals aren't for the dead. They are for the grieving. It's easy to have this thought in the immediacy following the news, even people we loathe still inspire various stages of grief. Hopefully, T-Square can find his peace and help his parents find theirs, thats all you can really hope for at this point. I am sure you are going to go through all the spectra of emotions on this, depending on any given moment. Reach out to people, us, or anyone you can. We are here.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

T-Square posted:

Welp

That’s a horrible situation. I’m so sorry.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I’m really sorry. What a sad end for all involved :(. Addiction is awful.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
T-Square, my condolences for an awful situation.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Condolences T-Square

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
I'm so sorry T-Square

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Sorry, T-Square.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s awful. Your poor parents kept trying above all else. My heart goes out to them and the rest of your fam :-/

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

So sorry T-Square. Condolences to you and your family. Addiction is awful.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Addiction is the loving worst.
I’m sorry for you and your family, T-Square.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Looks like I'm gonna have a bunch of extra trick or treat candy. The brave will be rewarded with full size bars tho.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Jesus - so sorry, T-Square

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

wandler20 posted:

Looks like I'm gonna have a bunch of extra trick or treat candy. The brave will be rewarded with full size bars tho.

Believe it or not that's the coldest you're going to be for at least the next week. Your trick or treat temps will be in the 20s, and that's not super unusual there.