Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Tiggum posted:

Surely you should have to be arrested for something else and charged with resisting arrest as a secondary thing? Because if they're not already arresting you for something else, how were you resisting arrest?

welcome to America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The gently caress do they need sirens blaring for in a 5 MPH "chase"?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
In America it's actually a crime to resist an unlawful arrest. Or at least that's what a cop told me once when I walked away from him at a protest - I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't doubt it. I'm a cis white dude so I was able to just walk away without finding out if it was true.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
One need not be charged with anything to be arrested, and the lawfulness of the arrest is something to be adjudicated after the fact. How else could it possibly work?

Dango Bango posted:

The gently caress do they need sirens blaring for in a 5 MPH "chase"?

Presumably following procedure, which is generally a good thing

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

In America it's actually a crime to resist an unlawful arrest. Or at least that's what a cop told me once when I walked away from him at a protest - I don't know if it's true, but I wouldn't doubt it. I'm a cis white dude so I was able to just walk away without finding out if it was true.

i think it is "legal" to resist an unlawful arrest but have fun pressing your luck with that.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

uber_stoat posted:

welcome to America.

CLOWN MY
CRAZE RUINING BUSINESS

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

maybeadracula posted:

Presumably following procedure, which is generally a good thing
The lights make sense since the forklift doesn't have any and it's dark. Sirens don't. Cops/Ambulances/Fire trucks around where I live generally do lights only when they're not in the middle of running traffic lights

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

DIG through the ditches and
BURN all the witches and

Elviscat posted:

CLOWN MY
CRAZE RUINING BUSINESS

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Freemason Rush Week posted:

DIG through the ditches and
BURN all the witches and

Elviscat posted:

CLOWN MY
CRAZE RUINING BUSINESS
Not even close.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What sort of loon would lead the cops on a chase riding a fork lift, dude must be certified.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

By popular demand posted:

What sort of loon would lead the cops on a chase riding a fork lift, dude must be certified.

Oh gently caress yeah

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/a-calif-house-is-listed-for-1-55-million-there-s-a-meth-lab-inside/ar-AA1j7UUp

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:confused:A Calif. house is listed for $1.55 million, There’s a meth lab inside?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
I mean a meth lab is a real value add to any property, you can make back what you spend on it pretty quickly.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020
Maybe there's a lot of ready-to-sell meth left over

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

In a different article it says he also had explosives and may have blown up some electrical transformers.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You're also not allowed to inspect the house until it's been decontaminated but they're not doing that before the sale. It's $1.5M on a whole lot of problems.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Inceltown posted:

You're also not allowed to inspect the house until it's been decontaminated but they're not doing that before the sale. It's $1.5M on a whole lot of problems.

geraldo rivera should buy it and reveal its content on live tv

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Carthag Tuek posted:

geraldo rivera should buy it and reveal its content on live tv

Best way to make sure it’s empty.

EDIT - WAIT here’s another one: Maybe there’s a smaller house inside.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No other punctuation, no "but". The headline writer was so bored.

"A plane hit this New York skyscraper. It was terrorism."

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Tiggum posted:

Surely you should have to be arrested for something else and charged with resisting arrest as a secondary thing? Because if they're not already arresting you for something else, how were you resisting arrest?

Where I live this is settled case law -- you can't be brought in just for resisting arrest, and if the other charges are thrown out the RA charge gets dumpstered automatically because the original arrest was unlawful. This doesn't apply if it actually goes to trial and you get acquitted of the other charges, though; it's for cases where the judge looks at the charges and goes "what the gently caress is wrong with those cops".

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

That is why they have vague charges like disturbing the peace or disorderly conduct. That way they can always arrest you for something since a lot of it is entirely open for interpretation.

THEN they hit you with resisting arrest after they beat you up so they can charge you with something more than just being annoying.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Yngwie Mangosteen posted:

Cops lie all the time, they are explicitly allowed to.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

City of Bunbury to stop playing Wiggles' Hot Potato as homeless deterrent after band's intervention

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

:yikes:

(Dalkey is an extremely affluent suburb of Dublin - pretty much every big celeb in Ireland lives within a radius of a couple of miles)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Where are all the bombed out buildings and body parts?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

They said suburb of dublin, not belfast

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Oh the humanity!:saddowns:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Ugh! Is there any depth to which the filth of humanity will not stoop?!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
You just know that picnic table is the star of multiple NextDoor threads blaming its destruction on teens, unhoused people, liberals, district attorneys, and/or specific racial groups.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

They said suburb of dublin, not belfast

lol

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/northantsfire/status/1062745691674607616

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

I thought Silent Hill was all about circumcision?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1720496292856549477?t=SqggmkgEUhY4PYfdktTKjw&s=19

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marcade posted:

I thought Silent Hill was all about circumcision?
Correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Marcade posted:

I thought Silent Hill was all about male genital mutilation(MGM)?