Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

frankly the transphobe tweets are pretty banal but the one about how islam is the devil that must be purged for a pure world was a hell of a thing

like not even the 'terrorism' dogwhistle it just straight up said islam. jeez lady

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm not gonna be like I always knew she was sus!!! but I did think it was a little weird that she kept calling herself the voice of hydaelyn after soken stopped returning her calls post-stormblood.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vitamean posted:

I'm not gonna be like I always knew she was sus!!! but I did think it was a little weird that she kept calling herself the voice of hydaelyn after soken stopped returning her calls post-stormblood.
and also, i wanna be clear on this, since some people are confused, at no point in the game's life did she ever actually voice hydaelyn. not in 1.0, not in 2.0, not in 3.0 onwards, ever. she was just a singer for three songs. also kind of weird to call herself that in that context.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I'm half remembering a tweet from I think endwalker early access that was like "remember! mommy crystal politely asks you not to spoil the end walk!" and it's like, this feels really desperate.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Forgot the fall guys crossover started tomorrow. I am a victim of FOMO

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Endorph posted:

and also, i wanna be clear on this, since some people are confused, at no point in the game's life did she ever actually voice hydaelyn. not in 1.0, not in 2.0, not in 3.0 onwards, ever. she was just a singer for three songs. also kind of weird to call herself that in that context.

Yup! Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn was originally our crystal mom! Silent Hill singer and VA extraordinaire

E: Hell get her to sing Answers, she totally would and would rock that poo poo

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Yup! Mary Elizabeth Mcglynn was originally our crystal mom! Silent Hill singer and VA extraordinaire

E: Hell get her to sing Answers, she totally would and would rock that poo poo

Featuring Steve Blum on acoustic guitar, just because he'd want in on it

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

Featuring Steve Blum on acoustic guitar, just because he'd want in on it

Have you heard Love Psalm? I don't know if that's what you're referencing or if you've never heard it but either way, :hai:

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Thinking of returning to FF14 again, but this time I only really want to if I can get a house. It looks like the lottery system is in use. Are all servers using this or are there some low pop servers that still have available plots? I don't mind transferring characters at alland I should have the Gil to get a small-medium plot. I tried googling but is there a way to look at all server's housing availability?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's not foolproof as it relies on user submitted data but https://zhu.codes/paissa Paissa DB is pretty good for getting a sense of things.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Books On Tape posted:

Thinking of returning to FF14 again, but this time I only really want to if I can get a house. It looks like the lottery system is in use. Are all servers using this or are there some low pop servers that still have available plots? I don't mind transferring characters at alland I should have the Gil to get a small-medium plot. I tried googling but is there a way to look at all server's housing availability?

there are a ton of housing plots sitting around empty and waiting on servers in the Dynamis datacenter. the servers are also pretty light on population at the moment, but the assumption people have is that all the new xbox players are gonna get sent over once the game launches on the console next spring.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, last I checked, the Dynamis DC still has a ton of plots available without competition (technically a lottery, but very few plots are getting more than one bid). My alt is on Marilith, which is a ghost town. I think Seraph is the major population center on the DC, so that might be harder, but the other three worlds are pretty fair game.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Endorph posted:

yeah shes been popping into cons, but i meant 'i dont think theres gonna be an ingame song by her again'

also those con appearances are probably uhhh over

I am going to foolishly pretend she said some terfy poo poo in front of Arnie or Urmatsu and got the axe so I can be disappointed again in the future when poo poo comes out about either of them!

If they have already said some dumb poo poo don't tell me I am going to distant Worlds in a couple weeks!!!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Consummate Professional posted:

Forgot the fall guys crossover started tomorrow. I am a victim of FOMO

I'm getting my Covid shot tomorrow. People always say "this one knocked me out" and nothing happens to me, but they're saying the mRNA one *really* does something so if things get weird I'm gonna embrace it and dive into the weirdness.

Or maybe it's the "lie in bed for three days looking for energy to blink" sort of weird. Or it'll be nothing again. Prepared for all cases.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I just today got an email for Distant Worlds tickets, and Calloway is listed as the vocalist for three of the concerts.

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

This is on Excalibur, but it's a small and in Ul'dah; anything that's bigger or in one of the other housing districts (or both) is going to have a lot more competition. But if you just want a house and don't particularly care about the size or the location, the odds aren't bad.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Did she do Flow as well?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Feldegast42 posted:

Did she do Flow as well?

Amanda Achen. Calloway hasn't worked with the game in years.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oh, she did Answers, that sucks

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Getting any small you can if you are homeless is the way to go. It lets you get an idea if decorating and, more importantly, actually using a house is something you'd like to commit to. Getting a popular spot can be difficult, time consuming and demoralizing if the rng doesn't go your way and it would suck to go through it only to find owning a house is boring to you and an annoying shackle to your subscription. If you dig housing, you can then go through the dream home experience while still having the perks of ownership.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

You could also get an apartment or FC room (if you're in an FC with a house) if you want to test-drive the interior design system -- much less room than even a small house, no outdoor stuff, but much cheaper, and you can just buy one flat-out with no lottery.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Antivehicular posted:

You could also get an apartment or FC room (if you're in an FC with a house) if you want to test-drive the interior design system -- much less room than even a small house, no outdoor stuff, but much cheaper, and you can just buy one flat-out with no lottery.

Honestly everyone should have at least an apartment as it's the only way to do a bunch of chocobo stuff.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Apartments are also not tied to your subscription. It's your forever.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm gonna say it, I think Revolutions sucks and it's good Uematsu stopped doing the expansion themes

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I like Revolutions more than Dragonsong.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Blockhouse posted:

I'm gonna say it, I think Revolutions sucks and it's good Uematsu stopped doing the expansion themes

I love Uematsu, but yeah, I don't think it's a hot take to say that FFXIV would not be nearly as well-received if it weren't for the absolute goddamn bangers that Soken created for it. His music is every bit a part of the cast as the voice actors.
Or rather, his music absolutely elevated the game from good to "Shut up, I'm not crying you're crying"

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

let's gooooooooooooooo

i have NO idea how the deep dungeon pros stream this for hours every day this poo poo is EXHAUSTING lmao

solo hoh and eo down; do i dare go for necromancer............?

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

anyone have any good minor but easy optimizations for frontline? like it's anecdotal but i suspect i have better survivability mounted when i use level checker and not some enormous glowy mount

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
6.51 Patch Notes are up.

We've got the devs' first go at adding non-cosmetic rewards to Criterion Dungeons:

quote:

Aloalo Manuscripts, which are earned upon completing Another Aloalo Island (Savage), can be exchanged for Flasks of Elevated Ester. This item is required to upgrade weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of divine comedy from item level 660 to 665.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Onean posted:

6.51 Patch Notes are up.

We've got the devs' first go at adding non-cosmetic rewards to Criterion Dungeons:

that's certainly...a choice

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
maybe their statistics show there's a significant subset of people who did p11 but not p12 and also are enthusiastic about criterion dungeons(?)

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My guess, it's just the most viable way to add an ilvl increase that doesn't require new assets or planning.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

on paper it's not a bad choice, but criterion savage dungeons are second only to ultimates in terms of testing your endurance so i was hoping it would be normal criterion that got extra rewards

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I really wonder how popular thes new dungeons have been. Variant, the queue is dead even in prime time for both of them. I know they can be soloed and so I suppose the majority of the playerbase soloes them is the only explanation (other than them being essentially dead content after first week).

Criterion, going by Light PF, has usually one, maaaaybe two parties recruiting. Maybe. Compared to savage raids, old and current trials that have dozens between them every evening.

Criterion savage I haven't seen once.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I would never even consider pfing savage criterion but regular criterion is decently approachable enough that I think if you make the pf, the gamers will come

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

the two criterion dungeons have been some of my favourite content in the game so far, but the lack of a sufficient carrot makes it easy to just not rerun it a lot. compared to savage where you either have people late to the game still gearing up through it or gearing up alt jobs on a lark, once you're done with criterion you're just done with it forever if you're not redoing it for fun

the other "issue" is that criterion just being four people makes it a lot easier to do it more consistently with friends. i did a light bit of pfing for sildihn but then did rokkon exclusively with friends, simply because it's so much easier to sync up the schedules of four people than it is four eight. when it's easier to do with friends it, or to recruit three strangers for a static for it, you'll conversely see less pfs pop up for it

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've mostly done Criterion (at least the first one) with friends, with a light dusting of PF to get me the clear. At some point I'll try the second (and third one), but the time commitment and ease of finding people for Criterion means that I'm not that worried about PF for it being relatively dead.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I could see this working as an alternative for Savage for people who are serious enough to do raiding, but can't do an eight-person static for whatever reason.

Maybe you do this when half the team doesn't rock up on raid night.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

quote:

Aloalo Manuscripts, which are earned upon completing Another Aloalo Island (Savage), can be exchanged for Flasks of Elevated Ester. This item is required to upgrade weapons purchased with Allagan tomestones of divine comedy from item level 660 to 665.

But the tomestones are just called Allagan Tomestone of Comedy, and the upgrade item is Divine Solvent :confused:
Translation error?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Tamba posted:

But the tomestones are just called Allagan Tomestone of Comedy, and the upgrade item is Divine Solvent :confused:
Translation error?

It is an upgrade above the Divine Solvent upgrade, but yes they're Allagan Tomestones of Comedy Weapons.

Cleretic posted:

I could see this working as an alternative for Savage for people who are serious enough to do raiding, but can't do an eight-person static for whatever reason.

Maybe you do this when half the team doesn't rock up on raid night.

You need to clear P11S to get the item this upgrades, there's no other source of solvent yet.