Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Zionist psychos salivating at the thought of mass death: Israel needs to do to Palestinians what the Chinese did to the Uyghurs

Avowed communists seeking peace for all and goodwill upon mankind: Israel needs to do to Palestinians what the Chinese did to the Uyghurs!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/globaltimesnews/status/1719155249775288610?s=20

oh poo poo!

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of

gradenko_2000 posted:

Zionist psychos salivating at the thought of mass death: Israel needs to do to Palestinians what the Chinese did to the Uyghurs

Avowed communists seeking peace for all and goodwill upon mankind: Palestine needs to do to Israelis what the Chinese did to the Uyghurs!!!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
lol it's illegal to set up a weather sensor that posts publicly in china? i've built a couple of atmospheric monitors and literally every part in them is chinese

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I would imagine that those things are posting more than just meteorological data

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

this allusion meant posted:

i think (not 100% sure i’m recalling correctly, but he did describe himself in a podcast interview) he’s tw-american returner with waishengren and mainlander family background. so demographically a guy you might expect to be blue but with the educated american overseas kid’s detached and self-critical perspective (for all the good and bad that might involve)

anyway it’s nice to get a potted history of some sectoral economic failures in the late 20th century or whatever. usually worth a few minutes a month

yeah, there's a bunch of content makers with the background of living in a western country which really warps their perception of things in the mother country.

i posted this other guy who does these great little video essays on cinema:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZccG-wtt5FA

then in some random video about what western movies, he'll talk about the lay flat movement and late stage capitalism in china lol

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

I would imagine that those things are posting more than just meteorological data

imagine if there was a way to find out instead of imagining

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
oops

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Benagain posted:

i found out and it's true.

crepeface has issued a correction as of 04:36 on Oct 31, 2023

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Benagain posted:

That would be communism

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

I'm actually glad Kissinger lived this long, because he gets to see all the poo poo he thought he was building fall apart. You wasted your life you miserable old gently caress!

It's like building a house out of bricks but for some indeterminable reason you decided every fifth brick should be made out of TNT

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Blarghalt posted:

It's like building a house out of bricks but for some indeterminable reason you decided every fifth brick should be made out of TNT

why would Hamas do this??

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

quote:

Zhang Jun, China's UN ambassador, slammed his American counterpart for laying blame on China for the veto of the US resolution. He stated that the US should be aware of how the Middle East situation has deteriorated and that China will not take blame from the US. The United States should also listen to the pleas of the Arab world and take action to ensure that Palestinian citizens receive the most necessary aid.

🇨🇳 "The US representative accused China of vetoing the draft resolutions put forward by the US, this is the most unreasonable words I have heard today. The United States wants China to be responsible for what's happening in Gaza today, and I have to tell the representative of the US that we are not to be blamed for this.

The US representative should know very well how the situation in the Middle East evolved. And the US representative knows exactly what the US did in the Middle East. The US representative should also know very clearly that it is the US that has vetoed the draft resolutions of the Security Council on Palestine and Israel, and that led to the difficulty of the Council to play a constructive, responsible role on this issue. That has led to the Security Council finding it very difficult to do anything about promoting and implementing the two-state solutions."

🇨🇳 "The US representative should also be clear that China and many other countries have opposed the US resolution.

The US hastily put forward the resolution after vetoing the resolution put forward by Brazil. Still, the US draft resolution totally disregarded the strong call of the entire world for a ceasefire and truce, especially the call from the Arab countries. The US draft confused right and wrong and attempted to take the Palestine-Israel conflict to another narrative, to another path. What is more dangerous is this behaviour will give the green light to further escalating the situation there. China has all the reasons to vote in opposition to that kind of draft resolution."

🇨🇳 "Our position on the vote is based on facts, law, conscience and justice. It's also based on the solid call of the entire world, especially that of the Arab countries. The General Assembly later adopted that resolution, and that resolution sent a very clear, unequivocal message for the truth, stopping the fighting and prevention of the humanitarian crisis there. And this has the strong and affirmative support of the overwhelming majority of the UN members. This resolution adoption proves that China's position is entirely correct.

I hope that the US will earnestly adopt a responsible attitude and work together with members of the Council. Focus on the most pressing issues, which are the ceasefire issue in Gaza, the protection of civilians issue, the humanitarian aid, the delivery of humanitarian aid, and the prevention of further humanitarian catastrophe."

https://twitter.com/Eivor_Koy/status/1719208508938440727?t=_FiHHLqr-gtTej8r193e2g&s=19

diplomatic front keeps heating up.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
China has been spoken out more in the middle east issues compared to in the past. Not in terms of providing more than humanitarian support, but in terms of pointing out right and wrong and the roof causes of the regional conflict, and active in seeking ways to negotiate regional rapprochement.

It's supposed to be China's new phase of global diplomacy.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
they should sail that big hospital ship to dock in Gaza and dare those US carriers to do something

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

To go back to this general subject, it's frustrating to be witnessing china reach a mappable, increasingly predictable power consolidation phase of authoritarianism likely involving significant and persistent deconstruction of any elements of the PRC that could represent a threat or constraint to its new effective Dictator For Life, especially considering the elements previously active in that government structure which were explicitly installed as an attempt to prevent this exact scenario.

Because there's NOT a lot of real inroads into knowing what's actually going on. Most of the sources that could say something aren't saying anything, leaving nothing but tea leaf readers online

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

authoritarianism ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's going to be awesome when Xi peacefully transfers power to the next president and one billion western liberals brains explode .

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I mean he has to, its not like his daughter is an up and coming cadre he can pass the power to. It's got to be one of the top 30 people in CPC now.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

In Training posted:

It's going to be awesome when Xi peacefully transfers power to the next president and one billion western liberals brains explode .

Xis hand picked puppet. Next.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Bald Stalin posted:

To go back to this general subject, it's frustrating to be witnessing china reach a mappable, increasingly predictable power consolidation phase of authoritarianism likely involving significant and persistent deconstruction of any elements of the PRC that could represent a threat or constraint to its new effective Dictator For Life, especially considering the elements previously active in that government structure which were explicitly installed as an attempt to prevent this exact scenario.

Because there's NOT a lot of real inroads into knowing what's actually going on. Most of the sources that could say something aren't saying anything, leaving nothing but tea leaf readers online

fully agreed 👍

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

In Training posted:

that means the next guy is even more evil

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006
he might have four or even five terms instead of two. wow i wonder why the party looked at the global situation and decided they didn't want a guy still settling into the job in charge right about now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Bald Stalin posted:

is it really syq if it’s every post?

An Jung-geun
Sep 2, 2022

Bald Stalin posted:

I wonder if whoever posted that ever had those concerns about Netanyahu

You know, because one of them is actually doing a genocide right now and it's not Xi

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
that infamous bastion of liberty and bane of tyrants, the FIRE sector

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Bald Stalin posted:

Xis hand picked puppet. Next.

one of my fav accounts when i used to use twitter more loves to do use this kind of framing for western political situations

https://x.com/gathara/status/1432893276508590083?s=20

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1598917499176726528?s=20

https://twitter.com/gathara/status/1584084768064315393?s=20

https://x.com/gathara/status/1568600393621377026?s=20

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

These are beautiful

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Slavvy posted:

These are beautiful

check the twitter thread there are millions of them.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...3d6e805dd&ei=13

Just doing whatever a provisional government prepping for election does - deport 1.7 million people outright.

https://twitter.com/khialay/status/1719382327695216858?t=hYM69VZAORhaMK_tRLN5vA&s=19

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
So the compromise they reached over the HK CE sanction is that the US still send him the invitation, but he will send somebody else to attend. In Chinese words, "give some face."

https://x.com/MFA_China/status/1719717230798377367?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

GlassEye-Boy posted:

Yea, they absolutly don't have enough public trash cans, as in you can be in the middle of downtown Tokyo or at some major tourists site and you can't find a trash can unless you try your luck at a 7-11. If Japan wants to reduce littering they need to put in more public trash cans instead of expecting tourists to carry crash in their hands for most of the day.

https://x.com/Reuters/status/1719786381986111688?s=20

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
I came across this book event talk today.

I find the author pretty well spoken and talk like someone with common sense, kind of want to give the book a shot. Anyone has read it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyywpiGkfmI

Amazon doesn't even have the chapter info, only libgen has it lol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

not the cyber samurai I expected

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

The gently caress, cringe lords.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

GlassEye-Boy posted:

CSPAM demands only excellence from sanitation department public outreach videos.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

GlassEye-Boy posted:

have they blamed chinese tourists yet

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GlassEye-Boy posted:

post what you do for a living

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/zhao_dashuai/status/1719751326698279187

Китайский свяZноj posted:

(beginning)

The other day, the situation escalated to major hostilities. The so-called "Alliance of the Three Brotherhoods" has launched an offensive against the forces of the current government in the country, the fight is going on for the northern part of Shan State. The front is a hundred kilometers wide, for a moment, i.e. all sides have decent forces, not a clash of partisan groups.

Interestingly, one of the targets of the attack is... eradication of cyberfraud. It sounds wild, and now it will be a little funny - the fact is that in Myanmar there are a lot of "call centers" working exactly the same as Dnepropetrovsk or Kharkiv. I.e. descendants of the Chinese who ran away after losing the civil war, and who hate China, call on behalf of the "Sberbank security service" to China and extort money under the cover of investments or participation in crypto startups.

They have harassed everyone so much that among the goals of the civil war in the country is to put an end to this.

In general, there is a very serious mess there - a bunch of groups (the aforementioned "Alliance of the Three Brotherhoods" is against the current government, but not together with the "Government of National Unity", and also along the line of "so we hate China or what"), military actions both in the north and in the south of the country, with each the parties are different ethnic groups and plus politics - the West really does not like the coup of 2021, I want the aborigines to continue to be an anti-Chinese buffer (for example, do not let China build a road to the port and get a logistics route directly to the Indian Ocean, bypassing Singapore) and supply substances.

And this is if you don't remember about the Rohingya. Do you remember the oppressed-Muslim-minority-of Myanmar? Nothing was solved there.

In general, a promising mess. For any development of events, moreover.
(from t.me/prchand/6086, via tgsa)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The telephone fraud is a big problem in Northern Myanmar. They used to blanket call everyone in China and try to scam people into wiring some money "to an old friend", or some Nigerian prince scams to the fools.

But recently they have been escalated to kidnapping, so they will offer you some big money for a fancy rear end job in Thailand or Cambodia and then grab you over. And then you have to make endless fraud phone calls to make enough money to buy yourself out or get your family to pay for you. Both mainlanders and Taiwanese are targeted.

I wouldn't be surprised if this offensive campaign was footed by China to get the couple of the China-friendly separatist states to attack the region that has the most organized telephone scams, which is more of a western friendly separatist state. I used to remember all the names of the northern breakaway states, but they sound so similar I can't tell anymore.