Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

thepopmonster posted:

Nancy Drew as well. "Tom Swift is another", he said repetitively.

this is an extremely underrated response

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Last sentence was one heckuva curveball

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Polsy posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3295388

(forums search doesn't cover archives, which is any thread before 2014 or so)

Thanks! :D

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

I've been looking for the full The Crisis cassette album from 1992 for a long time. It's hard/folk rock from Nepal. There exist bootlegs of two tracks on vinyl but I can't even find a rip of the complete album online.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Zathril posted:

I don't know about the full episode but the bit on NEST seems to be here

Hell yeah! This is it! Thank you

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Another weird book-related request.

Looking for two volumes from a Norwegian architectural series. Specifically, I'm looking for a Eurogoon who can find these two books (ISBNs removed) in a physical bookstore where they are and buy them and list them for sale on Alibris or AbeBooks where I can buy them for my job, or link me to a bookseller with the books in stock. The publisher is out of stock. I've reached out to a few places but my Norwegian is through Google Translate. Feel free to PM me for more details.

I have a similar issue with Amazon.in if any India goons can offer assistance.

I brought my Drake fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 1, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I brought my Drake posted:

Looking for two volumes from a Norwegian architectural series. Specifically, I'm looking for a Eurogoon who can find these two books (ISBNs 9788253037752 and 9788253040417) in a physical bookstore where they are and buy them and list them for sale on Alibris or AbeBooks where I can buy them for my job, or link me to a bookseller with the books in stock. The publisher is out of stock. I've reached out to a few places but my Norwegian is through Google Translate. Feel free to PM me for more details.

Do you need to physically own them? I've dug up a library in Germany that has them both, but I'm not sure if they'd be available for an inter-library loan.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Do you need to physically own them? I've dug up a library in Germany that has them both, but I'm not sure if they'd be available for an inter-library loan.

Unfortunately it needs to be ownership. Also, if any enterprising goon can find those two books for sale in person where they are, gently caress it I will just buy them from said goon and figure out proper procedure later.

I have a short list of books that people want that I can't get for one reason or another. Sometimes I look at it and get sad, other times I look at it and feel like taking on a challenge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Wrong thread

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Grab Im Moor posted:

I've been looking for the full The Crisis cassette album from 1992 for a long time. It's hard/folk rock from Nepal. There exist bootlegs of two tracks on vinyl but I can't even find a rip of the complete album online.
Best I can do so far is that the cassette is apparently also titled "wildfire"

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

I have a Mac 8600 again! Ironically, I cleaned it up and tore parts from a newer, faster, system for it!
It's good though.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

Looking for two volumes from a Norwegian architectural series. Specifically, I'm looking for a Eurogoon who can find these two books (ISBNs 9788253037752 and 9788253040417) in a physical bookstore where they are and buy them and list them for sale on Alibris or AbeBooks where I can buy them for my job, or link me to a bookseller with the books in stock. The publisher is out of stock. I've reached out to a few places but my Norwegian is through Google Translate. Feel free to PM me for more details.

https://www.bibsent.no/project-villa-stenersen-architect-arne-korsmo-9788253041445

That one of them?

Asynchronous Event
Dec 9, 2021

SRQ posted:

I have a Mac 8600 again! Ironically, I cleaned it up and tore parts from a newer, faster, system for it!
It's good though.
Looking beautiful!
Which version of system are you going to run?
No, that is not one that they're looking for.
It may have popped up in a search since it's in a series, but that is ISBN 9788253041445, while they need 9788253037752 and 9788253040417.
I believe they'll appreciate the effort all the same.

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Asynchronous Event posted:

Looking beautiful!
Which version of system are you going to run?

No, that is not one that they're looking for.
It may have popped up in a search since it's in a series, but that is ISBN 9788253041445, while they need 9788253037752 and 9788253040417.
I believe they'll appreciate the effort all the same.

7.6.1, which is the whole reason I want one of these. Fastest OS7 supporting system.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

SRQ posted:

7.6.1, which is the whole reason I want one of these. Fastest OS7 supporting system.

i assume this whole mission is to be able to play dirt bike 3.1

Asynchronous Event
Dec 9, 2021

SRQ posted:

A Goon with exquisite taste.
Post or PM some photos once you have everything cleaned and set up and running? (If you don't mind/if it isn't too much to ask)

Grab Im Moor
Apr 4, 2022

Splicer posted:

Best I can do so far is that the cassette is apparently also titled "wildfire"

That's the translation of the album title. Thanks though, because it led to this very interesting thread: https://thecorroseum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=184555

Look at that other cool stuff dear lord :allears: I live for this poo poo.

I actually know this guy, he's sort of well known in the obscure music collecting circles, I didn't know he was still around. I should try to contact him sometimes, maybe he can help out.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Hot drat I bet Rock Night '89 blew the roof off the 2nd year students' party in Bhrikuti Mandap

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

Nope, we have that one already. Thanks for looking though.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Nope, we have that one already. Thanks for looking though.

https://www.bibsent.no/project-summer-house-storfjord-architect-jensen-skodvin-9788253037752
Says its temporarily sold out. I can sling them an email to ask if theres any way to get a copy.

E: https://www.bibsent.no/project-house-boe-moller-weekend-house-straume-architect-knut-hjeltnes-sivilarkitekter-mnal-as-9788253040417
Likewise sold out

Found them listed in a normal bookstore, but still sold out https://www.norli.no/boker/hobby-og-fritid/kunst-og-kultur/arkitektur/project-summer-house-storfjord-architect-jensen-skodvin

Biplane fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 18, 2023

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Any video recording of Chris Lee, the drummer for the Ivy Benson and her All Girl Orchestra, playing the solo from Not So Quiet, Please

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
A story (from Tumblr, maybe, but I probably read it on imgur) about a woman who was living with her (abusive?) boyfriend. There was a break-up, or something happened, and she moved out. Her co-workers/work-related friends (bouncers, maybe, or football players, or something else large and imposing) came over to help her pack (uninvited, I think?), and took everything. I think I remember that they even took, like, toilet paper and lightbulbs. I can't remember how it ended.

Web searching takes me to references to the story, but none of the attributions go anywhere.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Hungry Squirrel posted:

A story (from Tumblr, maybe, but I probably read it on imgur) about a woman who was living with her (abusive?) boyfriend. There was a break-up, or something happened, and she moved out. Her co-workers/work-related friends (bouncers, maybe, or football players, or something else large and imposing) came over to help her pack (uninvited, I think?), and took everything. I think I remember that they even took, like, toilet paper and lightbulbs. I can't remember how it ended.

Web searching takes me to references to the story, but none of the attributions go anywhere.

They got Chipotle.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
A short browser text-based game about a kid transitioning. A pretend calculator app was involved, think it disguised a secret messenger app.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

eating only apples posted:

A short browser text-based game about a kid transitioning. A pretend calculator app was involved, think it disguised a secret messenger app.

I believe that's A Normal Lost Phone

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I once had a computer when I was a kid and before you were able to use it for the first time you had to move your mouse through this challenge of some kind.

I remember getting frustrated because sometimes the computer would reset itself and I'd have to do this dumb "game" before I could use it.

IIRC it was a monochrome display with green? This was in the 90s but I was poor so who knows how old the computer was?

Is this a false memory or does this ring a bell for anyone?

Slimy Hog fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Oct 31, 2023

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

That'll be it, thank you!

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies

Slimy Hog posted:

I once had a computer when I was a kid and before you were able to use it for the first time you had to move your mouse through this challenge of some kind.

I remember getting frustrated because sometimes the computer would reset itself and I'd have to do this dumb "game" before I could use it.

IIRC it was a monochrome display with green? This was in the 90s but I was poor so who knows how old the computer was?

Is this a false memory or does this ring a bell for anyone?

I don’t know about green, but I remember the first Macintosh had a black and white tutorial that would teach you how to use a mouse. Maybe that?

Edit: There’s a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwammW5syw

Domus fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 31, 2023

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

Zathril posted:

They got Chipotle.

Brilliant. Thank you!

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Domus posted:

I don’t know about green, but I remember the first Macintosh had a black and white tutorial that would teach you how to use a mouse. Maybe that?

Edit: There’s a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pwammW5syw

No, it wasn't that. My memory is fuzzy but you may have had to drag a car down a wiggly road and there was a mansion or castle at the end or something?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Gonna be awesome when someone in your family custom-coded something to try to prevent you from using the computer unaccompanied

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

Gonna be awesome when someone in your family custom-coded something to try to prevent you from using the computer unaccompanied

Hahaha, there's zero chance of that unfortunately. It's bothered me forever and I'm kinda convinced that I made it up; I should ask my mom if she remembers it

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I've posted about this one before, I think, but I thought of it again.

A video from circa '04-'05, of a college kid allegedly tripping on salvia. The guy is having a strange trip - he seems more like he's smoked too much weed than anything hallucinogenic, but perhaps both are in his system. He keeps stumbling around the room, laughing at the cameraman, insulting him, and - this is the interesting bit - talking about NetHack. In particular I remember him saying to the cameraman, "You're the weakest loving class in NetHack," or something like that.

I don't know why it is that I want to see this again so badly. It's almost certainly a poo poo, unfunny video.

fake edit: a google turns up this page which has a post that references it, but has just a dead google video link. You can ctrl+f "weakest" and see it; the rest of the quoted text sounds familiar, too.

double fake edit: this page is, I think, what I'm looking for, but of course the video is not archived. I kinda doubt it's available on the internet anymore, but if anyone has any sleuthing skills that I lack, I welcome you to try finding it.

cracker
May 12, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zathril posted:

They got Chipotle.

Looking for the most stdh text from a friend zoned loser of all time?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DontMockMySmock posted:

A video from circa '04-'05, of a college kid allegedly tripping on salvia. The guy is having a strange trip - he seems more like he's smoked too much weed than anything hallucinogenic, but perhaps both are in his system. He keeps stumbling around the room, laughing at the cameraman, insulting him, and - this is the interesting bit - talking about NetHack. In particular I remember him saying to the cameraman, "You're the weakest loving class in NetHack," or something like that.

I don't know why it is that I want to see this again so badly. It's almost certainly a poo poo, unfunny video.

fake edit: a google turns up this page which has a post that references it, but has just a dead google video link. You can ctrl+f "weakest" and see it; the rest of the quoted text sounds familiar, too.

double fake edit: this page is, I think, what I'm looking for, but of course the video is not archived. I kinda doubt it's available on the internet anymore, but if anyone has any sleuthing skills that I lack, I welcome you to try finding it.

It's shocking the amount of videos that seem to have vanished from the internet entirely. I've been looking for a real ultimate power movie that exists almost entirely in my memory alone because nobody else even knows what I'm talking about

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

It's shocking the amount of videos that seem to have vanished from the internet entirely. I've been looking for a real ultimate power movie that exists almost entirely in my memory alone because nobody else even knows what I'm talking about

I know there's a book but haven't heard about a movie.

e: Except this I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEUN4w65BZ0

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Not movie but video. There were a bunch on the website

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DontMockMySmock posted:

Is this the same one where the guy starts going on about how the dinosaurs were too cool for school so they went to HIGH SCHOOL, or was that a different stupid alleged salvia trip video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Antivehicular posted:

Is this the same one where the guy starts going on about how the dinosaurs were too cool for school so they went to HIGH SCHOOL, or was that a different stupid alleged salvia trip video?

Ah gently caress, you're activating long-dormant neurons in my brain. I'm pretty sure it's the same one.