Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
For which system will you be getting Assassin's Creed: Mirage?
This poll is closed.
PC 14 18.67%
PS5 5 6.67%
XSX 3 4.00%
PS4 1 1.33%
XBO 1 1.33%
I am going wait for the Switch port 51 68.00%
Total: 75 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Was watching the early Del Toro movie Mimic and noticed Norman Reedus popped up in a bit role and just though "ahhhh, Death Stranding"

Thank you for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It was wild seeing him in blade ii as the tech guy when rewatching it after playing death stranding

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

he was also the sextools delivery boy in Luster

this experience made him the natural pick for Death Stranding

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 31, 2023

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I had to do a double take when my missus was rewatching Charmed last year

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Monkey Fracas posted:

Was watching the early Del Toro movie Mimic and noticed Norman Reedus popped up in a bit role and just though "ahhhh, Death Stranding"

Thank you for listening

There's a picture of Norman Reedus in Silent Hill 3.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

H13 posted:

Hello chat thread

I have recently started playing Star Wars: Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight.

For like the first time in 20 years.

And it's really really good and mostly holds up today. The level design is a bit "gently caress you" and so is the enemy placement. Lightsaber combat isn't as effective as it should be (because you don't block enough enemy gunfire) but the levels are really fun environments and the shooting is good.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk

Jedi Knight was the first FPS game I ever played and probably one of the first polygonal games I tried as well. Everything about that game was amazing and mind blowing to me back then, the FMV, the sound, the graphics.

I hadn't really figured out how to control FPS games back then, so I played it using the arrow keys to move and the page up/down keys to look up and down. mouse look was beyond me for some reason, but it's not like there was a tutorial.
Naturally, I ended up using cheats to get anywhere. And yes, the level design is nightmarish and could not really understand how you were supposed to get anywhere without cheats.

It has been real difficult to play the game for some time , but I think there are some solutions out there now. there's something called OpenJKDF2 that I might check out some time. https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/OpenJKDF2
Anyway, nothing will probably be as good as the game in my memories.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Vermain posted:

been trying to figure out a good spooky game or two to play this hallow's eve. i've got inscryption as a fallback to do a rerun through it again, but i'd happily take suggestions for anything that could conceivably be finished in a single evening

Hellblade is pretty short, although "one evening" may be a stretch if it's your first playthrough

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bone emulator posted:

I hadn't really figured out how to control FPS games back then, so I played it using the arrow keys to move and the page up/down keys to look up and down. mouse look was beyond me for some reason, but it's not like there was a tutorial.

imo the real secret to Half-Life's success was having mouse+WASD as default

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Vermain posted:

been trying to figure out a good spooky game or two to play this hallow's eve. i've got inscryption as a fallback to do a rerun through it again, but i'd happily take suggestions for anything that could conceivably be finished in a single evening

Cultic
Detention or Devotion

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?

haveblue posted:

Hellblade is pretty short, although "one evening" may be a stretch if it's your first playthrough

I was playing it earlier this month and ran into a game breaking bug where it just stopped rendering after a cut scene. I could hear Senua moving when I hit keys, but the screen was just black. Reloaded a couple times, updated drivers, still the same. It completely killed my motivation to play since the only solution seemed like restarting and not being guaranteed it would work even then, which is a shame because I was really enjoying it until that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1719360296249418210?t=mV-KL8jZHug2RmtWQAJCmw&s=19

E: I should clarify that voting is free, but you can buy a season pass for chat stickers!

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1719373583980298324?s=19

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 31, 2023

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A game people will truly care about!

It definitely won't be run into the ground instantly by people shitvoting the worst options constantly!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's right

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Clicked through the top guy's twitter and lol

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/1719235369621999780

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/alan-wake-2--faq

Requesting the Alan Wake 2 thread be renamed Alan Wake 2: How Can I Play Fortnite?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

thank you for all the horror suggestions, i'll take a poke around after baking some pumpkin cokies

this is the big budget equivalent to how, like, half of all indie horror games released these days have a mechanic where it measures your mic input levels so that a ghost will catch ya if you scream too loudly on stream

the funniest example of this hands down is Don't Scream, which notorious perpetually calm youtuber manlybadasshero played, and it's so loving overtuned that his normal even-keeled speaking voice is enough to set it off

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

About to start up the new Robocop game. I will let you all know if it is good, fun, or both.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tell me if the Terminator, Captain Kirk, or Darth Vader are in it

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Please identify whether it is satire on the games industry.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Apropos of nothing: Edge Maverick lmao

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I’m playing that new game that just came out, Metal Gear Solid 2, and I seem to have completely lost the ability to put my gun away. I remember people used to complain about it being fiddly and I would always just tell them to get gud. But it appears that I have lost the knack, and now I am the one who must get gud.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

:hmmyes:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Honestly all my coworkers under 30 do say "that's a trauma response" for everything so I'll allow it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
weird that the Jusant review embargo didn't lift until a few hours after the game launched, but glad it's getting good reviews. The demo released in June had a few rough edges, but overall it struck a nice balance of making climbing mechanically engaging while still being more relaxing and Zen than frustrating. (it's also on Game Pass)

https://opencritic.com/game/15742/jusant

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1977170/Jusant/

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Gripweed posted:

I’m playing that new game that just came out, Metal Gear Solid 2, and I seem to have completely lost the ability to put my gun away. I remember people used to complain about it being fiddly and I would always just tell them to get gud. But it appears that I have lost the knack, and now I am the one who must get gud.

tap R2

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I used to be able to let off the button perfectly, never a misfire in a dozen playthroughs. But I guess age comes for us all

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gripweed posted:

I used to be able to let off the button perfectly, never a misfire in a dozen playthroughs. But I guess age comes for us all

What version are you playing?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

in mgs2 and mgs3 on ps2 it felt like you were controlling a mech (Kojima does it again)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

WaltherFeng posted:

What version are you playing?

The new one on the PS5

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Am I losing my mind or did MGS3 use the pressure-sensitive face buttons on the PS2 controller too

I cannot think of another game series that did this

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rinkles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNauq6_9iP0

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gripweed posted:

The new one on the PS5

The PS5 version doesnt have pressure sensitive face buttons. You need to press L3 to lower your gun (or unequip the gun with R2)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

Am I losing my mind or did MGS3 use the pressure-sensitive face buttons on the PS2 controller too

I cannot think of another game series that did this

it did and neither can I

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Monkey Fracas posted:

Am I losing my mind or did MGS3 use the pressure-sensitive face buttons on the PS2 controller

I cannot think of another game that did this

MGS2 did too. That’s how you put your gun away

WaltherFeng posted:

The PS5 version doesnt have pressure sensitive face buttons. You need to press L3 to lower your gun (or unequip the gun with R2)

Seriously? What the gently caress, why?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Those cheap fucks at Sony made me contemplate my mortality!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Gripweed posted:

MGS2 did too. That’s how you put your gun away

They havent been a thing since PS3 days. They removed it from PS4 controllers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Because no Playstation controller after the DS2 has pressure sensitive face buttons

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought the Sixaxis/DS3 did, for some reason I rememver using them in the MGS HD collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I thought the Sixaxis/DS3 did, for some reason I rememver using them in the MGS HD collection

It does yes