Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

When I was a kid on holiday in Portugal, I needed a hat, so we just grabbed a baseball cap that said "sporting" on it. I thought it was just a generic hat supporting the concept of sports

I wore it to school and my Portuguese friend was very angry. Apparently "Sporting Lisbon" were his football team's deadly rivals.

But we were like 9. This guy sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Football rivalries in the UK can be pretty intense. Letting the daughter get her father one from the wrong club is setting up this situation. The OP admits she considered it

quote:

picked out a blue one for him. I knew it wasn't his team but theres nothing on the actual ball, it just said the team on the wrapper.

and she would have seen this situation coming.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the guy so mad about football the second he had his wife in private he called her a bitch is the rear end in a top hat

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Ex-wife. Ex-wife.

A dude who gets that angry at a gift from his 3-year old daughter is a giant loser

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Pope Corky the IX posted:

The ones that taste like someone made flavored chalk.

Necco wafers aka "grandma's antacids"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Vim Fuego posted:

Football rivalries in the UK can be pretty intense. Letting the daughter get her father one from the wrong club is setting up this situation. The OP admits she considered it

and she would have seen this situation coming.

If the team was just on the wrapper, I would assume you throw that away so you can play with the ball right? Or does wrapper mean something other than a plastic coating to protect a toy or something?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Kenshin posted:

Ex-wife. Ex-wife.

A dude who gets that angry at a gift from his 3-year old daughter is a giant loser

But what if his friends find out he touched the wrong teams lovely snowglobe or whatever :qq:

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Akratic Method posted:

This is pretty stupid and my bias is toward contempt for treating sports rivalries with any seriousness. But I kinda still have to judge OP the rear end in a top hat here, hinging on "I didn't know that, obviously I ignore all his sports talk." Pay attention to your SO so you know what they like! At least a little. That's like gift skills 101.

A three year old picking put a gift for dad and remembering (and caring) that dad likes blue is great. That 3yo should also not be the more mature of the two.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

Cowslips Warren posted:

If the team was just on the wrapper, I would assume you throw that away so you can play with the ball right? Or does wrapper mean something other than a plastic coating to protect a toy or something?

Team colours are pretty distinctive and very well known. It could likely mean old mate would bin the gift rather than chancing his mates seeing it when they drop around. If you don't believe it is not weirdly serious (and sometimes tied to religious or class divisions), try out your green /blue shirts in the wrong parts of Glasgow. My Aussie ruggers scarf got me kicked out of a pub in Glasgow after my first drink because someone across the bar took offence (the bar tender told me "You are probably not wanting what you are asking for, so best you leave".

OP probably got a chuckle out of the thought of her sports mad ex getting the rivalry team merch given to him by his child. Probably let the child do it just for the lols/prank factor.

Sinbad's Sex Tape
Mar 21, 2004
Stuck in a giant clam
Throwing a tantrum like that usually leads to everyone in your life trying to make your daughter a blue team fan

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Angry sport man is a bad father and a bad person. If you get violently angry about your spectator sport, you're a worthless piece of poo poo.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I think if the OP knew that her husband was such a baby about his team she probably could have steered their 3yo towards picking the "proper" ball, but also it's a loving 3yo's gift and the guy throwing a baby tantrum over his toddler's gift is the much bigger rear end in a top hat. The fact he had to be bullied in putting on a brave face in front of his kid is stupid as gently caress and the fact he thinks his wife was doing it to spite him means there's bigger problems at play there anyway.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That map is just another example of anti-Scots racism.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for finding Undies that just walked into our home

quote:

I (24/F) found a pair of Calvin Klein underwear in my bed I shared with my (29/M) partner.

We had a pile of clean clothes on our floor (I know, fold the laundry, it was a long week). He had put them on the bed so our roomba didn't eat any clothes and could work in our room. I was moving the clothes so we could go to bed, and I saw these underwear that were not mine, and to my knowledge not his either. When he came into the room I told him "I found these panties, do you know who they are." He paused didn't say anything looked kinda spooked and said "No, they must be one of your friends." Weird, but could have happened we had just had a birthday party there a couple of weeks ago where people were in costumes (though they all showed up in their costumes), and a housewarming party in August. We had two friends hook up in our basement too, so easily could have been left behind from that. He told me to reach out and ask them, so I did. Meanwhile, he went from confused to angry because I asked him if he knew anything about it, he started to yell that I didn't trust him, and I said "Well not when you are yelling and getting defensive on this before we even know if they are my friend's." We went to bed.

I reached out to a total of 7 women with pictures and none of them owned up to it. I told him this and he said "What if they're embarrassed and won't own up to it." Note: all of these women have been in my life and understand how this could break a relationship and would not do anything to jeopardize it. We would honestly laugh and say something like "My bad, those are mine." I can say that with 1000% certainty.

Throughout the day I was in bed, napping, crying, and processing because it was early morning when I had heard back from everyone. He was out of bed bright and early and would come in and be sweet saying "We will figure it out" I would tell them no one has owned up to it, and then he would get pissed. I asked him "Are these yours, like are you cross-dressing?" he said, "Absolutely loving not." I said "Okay well did you f*ck someone" Then he gets irrationally mad and starts yelling about how he would never do this." I just start crying and try to explain that I just want answers and underwear doesn't just appear. I asked him to help me think of people and he got pissed and told me that was my job. This all made me feel he was hiding something or someone. The only times he has been alone in the house is Thursdays each week when he works from home and I am in the office, I also went to Vegas for 3 days over Labor Day weekend, and then within October, he went on a work trip for 1.5 weeks. So there could have been time.

He is always worried about me cheating, and checking my phone and laptop so I went through his because he does it to me and there was nothing. He ended up calling his sister and she said I was immature and didn't know or love him if I didn't blindly trust him.

EDIT FOR MORE INFO We live alone, just us. In a house, with a washer and dryer that we just got brand new 2 months ago. Also, I wash the sheets weekly, it was found in clean clothes put on the bed.

What do I do? AITA?

sometimes panties just show up, no one can explain it

Kaiju15
Jul 25, 2013

When I was a kindergartener in Wisconsin there was a little holiday book/trinket fair for kids to buy gifts for their parents. I knew my dad watched football so I got a little Packers football zipper tag for him. When he opened it he thanked me and put it right on his jacket where it stayed until the jacket was totally worn out.

What I didn't realize at the time was that my dad despises the Packers. He managed put that sports hatred aside because it was a gift from his son and he isn't a massive piece of poo poo like the guy from the story.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

B-Rock452 posted:

I am rolling in twizzlers right now since my kids don't like them. It rocks. Candy tax dad is an rear end in a top hat though

Yeah, here's an instance where having picky kids pays off. As kids, my sister and I wouldn't eat any chocolate with nuts or coconut in them, certain flavors of lollipop--- eeww! So mom got all the Mounds, peanut M&Ms, pineapple candy, etc. My sister disliked dark chocolate, so I'd trade her my milk chocolate for that.

Honestly one of the best parts of trick or treating for me was the post-game time when we got home, dumped our pillowcases full of goodies out, and all sat around the haul, making trades like some magic candy bazaar.

Candy tax guy is doing this all wrong, unless everyone in the family hates Charleston Chew (hint: they do)

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

Okay, you know how socks sometimes vanish in the dryer? That fabric has to go somewhere.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Finding someone else's panties doesn't make any sense to me as a thing that happens. Like, after the sex is over and you've cleaned up, you would put your clothes back on, right!? People put their clothes back on! So how do people leave their underwear places? They just leave with no underwear on and didn't notice?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
exactly! that's why they must be appearing spontaneously

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I mean, I've experienced someone telling me "I can't find my ______, can you look for it and I'll grab it next time we see each other?" but it wasn't my affair partner.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

Foo Diddley posted:

exactly! that's why they must be appearing spontaneously

It's the ??? part from the underwear gnomes bit.

Baron Zephyrus
Apr 17, 2018

quote:

He is always worried about me cheating, and checking my phone and laptop

:stare:

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I mean, I've experienced someone telling me "I can't find my ______, can you look for it and I'll grab it next time we see each other?" but it wasn't my affair partner.

So you and the AF had a better or worse system?

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
i just keep some extra panties in my purse to leave over at my married friends' places

you know, keep 'em on their toes

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA For letting my daughter buy her dad a gift from the wrong football team?

"My ex-wife let my toddler buy me the wrong colored ball, what a bitch"

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
AITA for asking my new boyfriend to buy more Halloween candy because his niece took all of mine?

quote:

On Saturday I hosted an adults only Halloween wine night. Most of my friends have children and they look forward to having a night away. We put on a scary movie, paint or carve pumpkins, drink wine, and eat snacks. My new boyfriend of 2 months said he was bringing his sister to join which I was excited about because I’ve only ever met her in passing twice but she’s around my age and seems really nice. She has 2 children so I specifically reminded my boyfriend it was adults only. Of course she shows up with her daughter who is 10… I love kids but this night specifically is meant for and planned for adults. I don’t have children so my house isn’t even kid friendly.

Anyways, his niece saw my trick or treat setup and got excited to get some candy. I told her she could pick one but told her it was for trick or treaters (her mom was standing right there) and then we went back to enjoy time with the adults. I even told my boyfriend I was annoyed she brought her daughter but I didn’t want her kid to know (it’s not the kids fault). One of my friends even made a comment that she paid for a sitter that night to have adult time. My boyfriend’s sister and her daughter finally left around midnight and I continued hanging out with my friends.

While I was cleaning up I realized all of the Halloween candy was gone. Not one piece left (for reference it was 2 huge bowls from the Costco bags so over $100 of Halloween candy). I asked my friends if they noticed anything and they said the little girl kept walking up to it but they thought she was just trying to get the scarecrow to scare her. I asked my boyfriend and he literally said, “if you didn’t want her to have it you shouldn’t have put it out”. It wasn’t out! It was sitting close to the back door so on Halloween I can just move it outside before I get home from work. Once I get home I then bring it in and pass out the candy myself. I asked him if he’d go to Costco and get more candy since his niece took over $100 worth of candy without her mom or him watching her or telling her not to do that. He said no and again that it was my fault I put it out so his niece didn’t know. We’re 2 months into our relationship and never had any actual issues. Very happy but this just seems selfish and rude. My friends just sided with me so I’m asking for unbiased opinions.

2 months and $100 isn't much sunk cost, at least

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

Baron Zephyrus posted:

quote:

He is always worried about me cheating, and checking my phone and laptop
:stare:

Being extremely angry about an admittedly serious question can be pretty suspect, but not necessarily a smoking gun. Combined with ALWAYS WORRYING about your partner cheating and CHECKING THEIR PHONE AND LAPTOP???

That's loving textbook. He's cheating, or cheated, and will again. Even on the infinitesimal chance that's not true, it's the biggest most terrible red flag this side of violence.

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for asking my new boyfriend to buy more Halloween candy because his niece took all of mine?

2 months and $100 isn't much sunk cost, at least

Yeah, it's honestly a bargain. Definitely worth the $100 to never see him again.

Big Mac fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 31, 2023

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Big Mac posted:

Being extremely angry about an admittedly serious question can be pretty suspect, but not necessarily a smoking gun. Combined with ALWAYS WORRYING about your partner cheating and CHECKING THEIR PHONE AND LAPTOP???

That's loving textbook. He's cheating, or cheated, and will again. Even on the infinitesimal chance that's not true, it's the biggest most terrible red flag this side of violence.

Yeah, it's honestly a bargain. Definitely worth the $100 to never see him again.

That's something that always amuses me in these stories of infidelity, the person who's cheating gets so paranoid that their partner is cheating on them as well. Like if it's fine for you to do to them, should be fine for them to do to you. But it's never ever the case.

AITA for being hurt that My (22, F) boyfriend (23, M) doesn't want to rate me and for keep asking him?

quote:

I know I am not the most beautiful girl on earth. I know that he finds me attractive. There are things he finds beautiful about me (like my eyes, smile, lips, cheeks, neck) but there are also things that he doesn't like (I asked) like my big forehead, that I am too skiny, my jawline etc. However, he shows me love and kindness and makes me feel appreciated daily!

I asked him multiple times to rate me and he doesn't want to. I know that I am not a 10 for him, but it still hurts me that he thinks that as well. I know that is childish to ask for our partner to consider us a 10 but still, I want to be the most beautiful girl for him and I am not...

Am I toxic and insecure? AITA?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Any gift a 3 year old gives you, you overenthusiastically accept it. Even if it's just some tiny pebble they found in the sidewalk. Anyone who behaves differently is a certified rear end in a top hat.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for being hurt that My (22, F) boyfriend (23, M) doesn't want to rate me and for keep asking him?

oh man, this guy is hosed no matter what he says

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Cowslips Warren posted:

dump him immediately, so he can be free

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Tarkus posted:

Aside from the legal quandary, why are people so shocked at the 'just a baby' thing?
I'm not surprised that dudes want to raw dog, I'm surprised that they trust that they won't be on the hook for child support without warning! In some places that also includes back pay

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Cowslips Warren posted:

That's something that always amuses me in these stories of infidelity, the person who's cheating gets so paranoid that their partner is cheating on them as well. Like if it's fine for you to do to them, should be fine for them to do to you. But it's never ever the case.

Because the hope is that they are cheating on you because at least then you're both just as bad and if you can find out about their cheating first then you win.

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Biplane posted:

If you get violently angry about your spectator sport, you're a worthless piece of poo poo.

I'm going to start hiring a skywriter to write this over every major city on a regular basis.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

RocketMermaid posted:

I'm going to start hiring a skywriter to write this over every major city on a regular basis.

just buy a superbowl ad

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Foo Diddley posted:

not that i would do this because im not a cheater but jesus dude when she asked you if they were yours just say yes.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

snergle posted:

not that i would do this because im not a cheater but jesus dude when she asked you if they were yours just say yes.

I was a bit confused because I associate Calvin Klein with briefs/male underwear but I think these were women's underwear, so if her boyfriend said they were his he'd probably have to lie about being a crossdresser or have other weird questions to answer and he seemed pissed off about that insinuation when she asked. Anyways, hopefully reddit set her straight about him being an rear end in a top hat cheater and she dumps his rear end.

But I must also admit I'm confused about the scenario in which someone just leaves their underwear behind.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Part of being a sports fan parent is watching the game, your kid coming up and asking “Who do you want to win?”, you answering “The guys in the white shirts”, and then replying “Okay! Then I’ll be the blue team!” as they excitedly sit next to you. Most of the time they forget afterwards. The rest of the time they end up as a Golden Knights fan. :negative:

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Clocks posted:

I was a bit confused because I associate Calvin Klein with briefs/male underwear but I think these were women's underwear, so if her boyfriend said they were his he'd probably have to lie about being a crossdresser or have other weird questions to answer and he seemed pissed off about that insinuation when she asked. Anyways, hopefully reddit set her straight about him being an rear end in a top hat cheater and she dumps his rear end.

But I must also admit I'm confused about the scenario in which someone just leaves their underwear behind.

I can only assume the side piece was tired of hiding and wants to blow up the relationship so she can have that sweet pile of cheating manflesh all to herself.

Or he cross-dresses, either-or.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

wheatpuppy posted:

I can only assume the side piece was tired of hiding and wants to blow up the relationship so she can have that sweet pile of cheating manflesh all to herself.

Or he cross-dresses, either-or.

"Insecure man pilots his entire relationship into a cliffside because he'd rather his girlfriend think he's cheating than know he's cross-dressing" is a plotline I've seen at least once before, so.