Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Captainicus posted:

Now that I have wasted bought the white/green psyker outfit with all my cash, I think I might throw away all my plasteel rolling for power cycler 4, assuming that you still get two extra empowered hits?
Yeah you get two extra hits with Power Cycler 4. Good luck rolling for it though, in the end I just ended up getting it through Melk instead :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Giving the power sword 6 a try due to recommendations and yeah, it feels pretty good at slicing hordes and bopping carapace heads, which of these two would be better?

I could replace wrath with brutal momentum, but would a 250% cleave wrath be just as good?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Giving the power sword 6 a try due to recommendations and yeah, it feels pretty good at slicing hordes and bopping carapace heads, which of these two would be better?

I could replace wrath with brutal momentum, but would a 250% cleave wrath be just as good?

Go with the first one, reroll Wrath to Slaughterer. BM is wasted on a Power Sword, especially one with Power Cycler 4. Not sure which perk I'd reroll to maniac though.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
holy hell the plasma feels even better now, which is kind of a crazy thing to say because imo it already felt p deec before the patch and also i swear the plasma has received nothing but buffs since release

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

.Z. posted:

Go with the first one, reroll Wrath to Slaughterer. BM is wasted on a Power Sword, especially one with Power Cycler 4. Not sure which perk I'd reroll to maniac though.

There are some subtle differences between the III and the VI Powah Swords:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggcSlbYWTn4

The video advocates for BM - it's no longer a waste on a power sword.

EDIT: In the comments:
Big shout out and thank you again to TinyAngryCrab, who shows us the power and knowledge of sentient crustaceans in this intimate breakdown of the Mark 6 Power Sword. The basic "god roll" he suggests right now is 25% Maniac and 10% Elite perks, with Brutal Momentum and Power Cycler. Tons of really great info in here, from how to Block cancel the Activation, to best weapon combos for certain situations, and hidden mechanics of Power Swords. Let us know if you have any questions!

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Oct 31, 2023

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Which close combat weapons do you recommend for a vet? I enjoyed my chainsword and switched to an axe and I don't think I like it nearly as much.
My default for Vet if I don't know what to take is the Shovel, which is very good at staggering and being defensive and was just buffed to do more damage, however the knife is insanely good if you build around it with a melee vet which is how I'm running it currently. I've seen some people try to build around the bleed stacks with lacerate but I think that's a trap, because the knife does fuckall for non-weakspot damage so I think it's best to build around hitting heads. Take Mercy Killer and the talent Serrated Blades so you can have near 100% uptime on Mercy Killer, spam attacks at head level and marvel at surprisingly effective it is at being a horde blender.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Which close combat weapons do you recommend for a vet? I enjoyed my chainsword and switched to an axe and I don't think I like it nearly as much.

The easiest, trouble free vet weapon is specifically a rampage + power cycler Power Sword Mk III.

Nothing else in the game comes close for how effective it is in doing one thing, mulching everything in front of you. The execution of this plan is simple: activate power sword, H1->H2->H1, backdash, repeat.

There isn't really anything that is safer, easier to understand, and as effective for the vet, assuming you want to shoot more than you melee, and use your melee to mostly crush hordes (and the occasional hard target mixed into those packs).

Is it boring? Maybe. Is is effective? Very much so. Is it OP as gently caress? Sure. Does it mean you're going to be less of a liability in melee and get back to shooting, the thing the class is good at as fast as possible? Yes.

It also requires zero talent points spent on melee abilities to be good, too. It was in a bad way in patch 13, but it has come roaring back for patch 14.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 31, 2023

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
how are the human shotties feeling now, they got rebuffed in the last patch right?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Shotguns are probably good, I liked the agripinaa for special sniping but never liked the others, but everyone, myself included, is running revolvers and I hardly see shotguns.

Insert name here posted:

My default for Vet if I don't know what to take is the Shovel, which is very good at staggering and being defensive and was just buffed to do more damage, however the knife is insanely good if you build around it with a melee vet which is how I'm running it currently. I've seen some people try to build around the bleed stacks with lacerate but I think that's a trap, because the knife does fuckall for non-weakspot damage so I think it's best to build around hitting heads. Take Mercy Killer and the talent Serrated Blades so you can have near 100% uptime on Mercy Killer, spam attacks at head level and marvel at surprisingly effective it is at being a horde blender.

Can confirm the knife is top tier on veteran with the 1 talent point investment on the right side for guaranteed bleeds, people poo-poo it's horde clearing but I just spam lights on hordes and stuff dies fast, plus it's incredibly useful to be highly mobile for stabbing important targets or backing away from a dozen crushers and maulers chaining overhead slams after you.
Plus knife has some of the best melee animations in a game filled with good melee animations, it is very satisfying to just hold a heavy attack and sprint at superspeed at someone just to slam the knife down on their head.

I'd say a good knife on veteran can be equal or better than a good zealot knife because the zealot is fishing for crits to get bleeds before their big damage comes online and the veteran just has to hit once.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Oct 31, 2023

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Finally got the Auric Charm keychain. Now everyone will have to recognize my excellence, because of the tiny lump of gold that they will not even see.

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

how are the human shotties feeling now, they got rebuffed in the last patch right?

I'm enjoying them, the ammo buffs have made them a more viable sidearm option for my Zealot. Revolver is the meta pick, but with the shotgun's buffed ammo pool I feel less bad about pinch hitting on clicking shooter heads than when I run revolver.

Surprisingly, for my Zealot indomitus crusher build I'm finding the regular Lawbringer shotgun comfy. Its horizontal spread alt shot can be quite effective at softening up beefier hordes of bruisers or killing/suppressing a pack of shooters. The other variants are as good as they ever were, Agripinna feels a bit better on its default shot too so you can do more than just only use the slug.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Diogenes of Sinope posted:

I'm enjoying them, the ammo buffs have made them a more viable sidearm option for my Zealot. Revolver is the meta pick, but with the shotgun's buffed ammo pool I feel less bad about pinch hitting on clicking shooter heads than when I run revolver.

Surprisingly, for my Zealot indomitus crusher build I'm finding the regular Lawbringer shotgun comfy. Its horizontal spread alt shot can be quite effective at softening up beefier hordes of bruisers or killing/suppressing a pack of shooters. The other variants are as good as they ever were, Agripinna feels a bit better on its default shot too so you can do more than just only use the slug.

thank you!

how's the special killing with them, apart from the slug? never was a fun of the slug, if only because it takes too long to prep

Diogenes of Sinope
Jul 10, 2008

toasterwarrior posted:

thank you!

how's the special killing with them, apart from the slug? never was a fun of the slug, if only because it takes too long to prep

It's not as consistent as revolver head clicking, but with the right blessings you can one-tap flamers and trappers at short range, 2 or 3 tap gunners at mid-long range on Damnation. I consider No Respite to be mandatory for that job so you get a damage boost on subsequent shots if the first doesn't kill, second to taste - Full Bore is good for Agripinna even without using the slug since the spread is so tight on it, but I haven't settled on my preference for the second blessing on my Lawbringer just yet.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
cool, cool, thank you

guess ill see about shotguns again, it's nice to have some diversity

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
So what counts as "continuous fire" for Blessings on weapons that don't actually have full auto equivalents, like plassma and Rumbler? Is there like a period where any shots count as continuous?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fishstick posted:

So what counts as "continuous fire" for Blessings on weapons that don't actually have full auto equivalents, like plassma and Rumbler? Is there like a period where any shots count as continuous?

I don't know the exact window, but it's something like 3 frames between shots/after a reload counts as continuous fire.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd advise taking it into the meatgrinder and seeing how long until the buff drops off after you fire.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

If they slot Loner as aura, it goes without saying they'll be top tier players :evilbuddy:

I love loner, the pubs I've met with it have just perfectly encapsulated everything I'd expect from it

First impression: Loner player runs off by himself and gets downed four (4) different times in the match

Second impression: https://i.imgur.com/tYCRYjs.mp4

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Owl Inspector posted:

I love loner, the pubs I've met with it have just perfectly encapsulated everything I'd expect from it

First impression: Loner player runs off by himself and gets downed four (4) different times in the match

Lmao, Bruh is a work colleague of mine, we're both in Argentina :v:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Owl Inspector posted:

tbf to that Zealot, sometimes you just get stuck in a dead angle or something stops you from moving and suddenly the Crusher has one shot you. Now if it keeps happening...

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
First zealot I've ever seen not take the 5 seconds of invulnerability, guess that's loner zealots for ya.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Edmond Dantes posted:

Lmao, Bruh is a work colleague of mine, we're both in Argentina :v:

Bruh is an extremely good ogryn name

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

First zealot I've ever seen not take the 5 seconds of invulnerability, guess that's loner zealots for ya.

idk, with Holy Rev being kinda crap it feels kinda bad to take now unless you're going down that side.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Legit Businessman posted:

Big shout out and thank you again to TinyAngryCrab, who shows us the power and knowledge of sentient crustaceans in this intimate breakdown of the Mark 6 Power Sword. The basic "god roll" he suggests right now is 25% Maniac and 10% Elite perks, with Brutal Momentum and Power Cycler. Tons of really great info in here, from how to Block cancel the Activation, to best weapon combos for certain situations, and hidden mechanics of Power Swords. Let us know if you have any questions!

Fair enough.

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

idk, with Holy Rev being kinda crap it feels kinda bad to take now unless you're going down that side.

Holy Rev would have saved that poor Zealot from the dead angle scenario (the first time...)

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
Shoutout to the Accatran Mk 7a Recon Lasgun post patch 14 - it hits about as hard as the Agripinaa autoguns and has similar punch through so it's decent against bunched shooters or melee dudes, it's a pretty interesting alternative for run and gun hip fire with decent mid range performance.

Tests were done with Headhunter and Dumdum but I think speedload and deathspitter are real competitive alternatives as well as the reliable Infernus.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Speaking of Ogryns; I like this update good enough that Smork gets some new drip.

How often do they change up stuff in the cash shop anyway?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

A Cool Video Game Too posted:

Same. I rarely take the invul. But I also don't do Loner so I can't speak to the choices of Bad Zealots.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Shoutout to the Accatran Mk 7a Recon Lasgun post patch 14 - it hits about as hard as the Agripinaa autoguns and has similar punch through so it's decent against bunched shooters or melee dudes, it's a pretty interesting alternative for run and gun hip fire with decent mid range performance.

Tests were done with Headhunter and Dumdum but I think speedload and deathspitter are real competitive alternatives as well as the reliable Infernus.

Now if only it’s sights didn’t take up half the screen so I can see what I’m shooting.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Weapon customization mod would help with that, been trying it out and dannng if fatshark doesn't just release their own version of this I don't know what they are doing, you can customize appearance, scopes, special action, got a whole lot of models you can slap on anything and weapons will appear on everyone's character models back so the ogyn's shield doesn't just disappear into the air when they swap it out.

It's exactly what the game needs for further customization and hopefully the majority of the skins and recolors won't be hidden behind a cash shop if this becomes official.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Black Griffon posted:

Speaking of Ogryns; I like this update good enough that Smork gets some new drip.

How often do they change up stuff in the cash shop anyway?

Every 2 weeks i believe.

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Back Hack posted:

Now if only it’s sights didn’t take up half the screen so I can see what I’m shooting.
I've tried it with a reflex sight using the customization mod but it doesn't help all that much because your screen gets filled with laserbeams instead :pcgaming:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Who can spot what's wrong with this picture?

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fishstick posted:

Also, ADS'ing will break up continuous fire on single shot weapons.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

smork ain't there, some bot instead

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If you're built different you don't need health insurance.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I would simply never drop to 0 HP

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
Next evolution of the tide genre, 8-man lobbies and custom servers

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Nice bot.

Are you running a mod that shows how many levels past 30 someone is? If not, what's the number in the parentheses?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

tangy yet delightful posted:

Nice bot.

Are you running a mod that shows how many levels past 30 someone is? If not, what's the number in the parentheses?

It's a mod for what you guessed, how many times they releveled past 30 with their exp.

You would be surprised how many freshly 30 characters you'll see in maelstroms with 4+ modifiers, sometimes with blue weapons with a t1 blessing, those games are usually playing a man down and they will fold at the first adversity we come across, but dangit I will try and push them over the finish line if I can.

You reminded me to turn off the ingame display in the mod settings though.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Legit Businessman posted:

That was very informative so thank you. Might have to give that a go. How bad are chainswords post patch? I really, really like chainswords so far and almost hate to give them up once the patch hits Xbox. Just something so 40k about revving one up. I loved knives before they got unlocked but yeah… nothing more satisfying than a revved up attack on some mook. If they have Tanith dress up in the store I will 100% go back to knives for a bit on my vet. Zealot just has to use eviscerators or thunder hammers in my opinion. Only way to properly bring heretics back to the light.

Thanks to all for the psyker and Ogryn weapon talk. Going to try out some options. Thanks again DT thread.