Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Lmgs are back

As are portals to the Phantom Zone, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWZY80NHKK8

Free to play in browser at https://edward-la-barbera.itch.io/frasier-fantasy

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

Silent Hill is legit one of the few fandoms i actually feel kinda bad for

I don't, their slavish devotion to silent Hill 2 hosed up horror games for like 15 years

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Alan Wake is great and I don't know where people are getting the idea that the enemies are bullet sponges. The base enemies take 6 shots to the body and 3 to the head and so far at no point have I run into a situation about 5 hours in where I didn't have enough bullets. I'm always just on the edge of it so I don't gently caress up my shots and waste bullets but as long as I'm conservative with the shots it's been fine. And that's with the pistol, other guns make it even easier to have enough ammo.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Please just let the series be dead, stop doing this to it's corpse

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Gumball Gumption posted:

Please just let the series be dead, stop doing this to it's corpse

we still have the Bloober remake of 2 to look forward to

Silent Hill fans will continue to suffer

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

we still have the Bloober remake of 2 to look forward to

Silent Hill fans will continue to suffer

Just want to get into a spaceship, me and my dog and an impossible view.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

docbeard posted:

As are portals to the Phantom Zone, apparently

It is a rift portal outline being used to reveal the next season's opener image.

Edit: tag line foe that teaser is "some chapters deserve a reread".

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Oct 31, 2023

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

lol konami.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Grey Fox posted:

I got out before finishing 4. no regrets

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Whirling posted:

I hate Konami I hate Konami I hate Konami

yugioh fans don't call them komoney for nothing

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

SH4 had a cool setup. why is it considered bad?

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

SH4 had a cool setup. why is it considered bad?

lovely story, stiff unfun combat, lots of weird gameplay choices that are poorly explained, annoying immortal ghost enemies, going back to clean the apartment is dumb/boring, lots of pointless backtracking to pad out the game length, just an overall bad experience.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

sh4 was my favorite conversely

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I could go my entire life without another horror story that is just some version of "oh wow this guy was a serial killer, died, and now his ghost is a serial killer" so big no thank you on SH4

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
SH4 kind of hit a dead zone where it was too weird and not weird enough.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
the sh4 protagonist has around a hundred line reads of "what the hell...?" and it gets very grating since its the only thing he ever says

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

I got the steel netgun in Dave the Diver. ho ho ho :gengar:

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

there's something mysterious about this hill. it's so... silent

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
*walks up to whiteboard*

Silent Hill$

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Silent $hill was right there man

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

every detail is like a parody, its incredible

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Ben Nerevarine posted:

*walks up to whiteboard*

Silent Hill$

Somehow this pitch wasn't good enough for Konami so they canceled it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Somehow this pitch wasn't good enough for Konami so they canceled it

I have no proof of this but it was definitely the case that Capcom saw PT get cancelled and were like "okay we'll make it then" with 7 right?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

All my circuits the video game looking good

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Grey Fox posted:

Tortured by the distorted images of their past, never able to move on. Turns out the real Silent Hill was Silent Hill after all.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

I lost twenty bucks on a silent hill 3 slot machine last week

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If I'm 3 planets into KOTOR and already getting a bit bored or sick of the combat and maps in general, should I just spoil myself on the rest and move on? I like the story itself and especially I've grown fond of Bastila "bubbling cauldron of anger and resentment" Shan and look forward to her obviously telegraphed turn, but if it's not like in the next 2-3 hours I've got a big backlog of stuff I'll enjoy a lot more waiting on me.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i chewed through it with a dual-wielding Guardian that made short work of almost everything

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

how tf is this real lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

i chewed through it with a dual-wielding Guardian that made short work of almost everything

That's also where I went because it's the most caveman option, the combat isn't challenging it's just boring and clunky. Maybe it's better on PC than it is with a controller, but on a Switch I'm just wishing for a combat auto-resolve or visual novel mode. Everybody knows how this story ends and even now everything else has been more of the same for hours, I just wanna get to the good poo poo.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five posted:

If I'm 3 planets into KOTOR and already getting a bit bored or sick of the combat and maps in general, should I just spoil myself on the rest and move on? I like the story itself and especially I've grown fond of Bastila "bubbling cauldron of anger and resentment" Shan and look forward to her obviously telegraphed turn, but if it's not like in the next 2-3 hours I've got a big backlog of stuff I'll enjoy a lot more waiting on me.

maybe

there's stuff in there that's probably best experienced first-hand instead of on wookieepedia tho imo

Jazerus has issued a correction as of 21:23 on Oct 31, 2023

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Another 1. Interesting symbol on shoulder.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Koishi Komeiji posted:

lovely story, stiff unfun combat, lots of weird gameplay choices that are poorly explained, annoying immortal ghost enemies, going back to clean the apartment is dumb/boring, lots of pointless backtracking to pad out the game length, just an overall bad experience.

Japanese ASW starts out weak but if you’re not careful when they start getting radar in 1944, particularly on the Mavis and Emily flying boats, the difficulty sneaks up on you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

holefoods posted:

RE: Rockstar talk, who the hell is even playing GTA Online that it’s that much of a cash cow for them? Not that I have a huge friend group, but none of my friends play it. Not really sure what to expect from VI, I’ll probably play that garbage and be completely underwhelmed once the new game smell wears off, as I have been since IV.

My best guess is that GTA Online is a sort of "Fortnite of MMOs," that appeals to more "normie" gamers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Ytlaya posted:

My best guess is that GTA Online is a sort of "Fortnite of MMOs," that appeals to more "normie" gamers.

wrong, gta online is for the true freaks. guys who roleplay in gta as cashiers and follow the traffic laws and day night cycle as if they were a real person

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Al! posted:

wrong, gta online is for the true freaks. guys who roleplay in gta as cashiers and follow the traffic laws and day night cycle as if they were a real person

What if...normies are the true freaks?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Epic High Five posted:

If you're done 3 planets it's pretty close to endgame anyway, but I'd say just move on if you're bored.

Then play kotor 2, the superior kotor, in a few months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

I have no proof of this but it was definitely the case that Capcom saw PT get cancelled and were like "okay we'll make it then" with 7 right?

I gotta assume PT and its popularity had a big influence on 7, yeah.