Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

elon awoke in sweats one evening, elves on the mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Earwicker posted:

wait i figure it out

first they said it was bullet proof

next they said it was arrow proof

tomorrow they are planning to see how it holds up against a group of cavemen weilding the jawbones of mammoths

the cybertruck isn't a truck at all, it's a time travelling device. that's why we don't see them on the roads, thats why it never seems to be street ready: that already happened, centuries ago. the scuff marks we constantly see aren't from the lovely design but from withstanding the slings and arrows of time, literally.

every dude who buys one gonna find out it's pussy proof

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Foo Diddley posted:

That would be a concern if they were ever going to be released to consumers

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Big loving deal, my bicycle is arrow proof. poo poo, YOU can be arrow proof just by wearing some layers of cloth!

A 50 pound compound bow will not be stopped by any amount of clothing you'd be likely to wear but unless it hit your tires, you're right about that part

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

if i was worried about getting hit by arrows i would simply not participate in the battle of agincourt

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Earwicker posted:

if i was worried about getting hit by arrows i would simply not participate in the battle of agincourt

I'm weaving a tapestry as fast as I can to catch all the action!!!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
I find it surprisingly easy to not be shot at by arrows in my day to day life so the cybretruck doesn't really have a lot of utility for my active lifestyle.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mr. Lobe posted:

A 50 pound compound bow will not be stopped by any amount of clothing you'd be likely to wear...

lol if your lame enough not to wander around daily in chainmail ontop of padded gambeson.

What are you, a peasant?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Is the cybertruck jilted-ex-with-a-bat proof? Asking for a friend.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

drat Ewoks with their log traps are going to ruin my cybertruck.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Y’all are laughing but when I drive a cybertruck from india to north sentinel island and make friends with the island people, who’ll be laughing then

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

Toplowtech posted:

Because we may as well not exist. Even the top distinctive cultural product of our generation, the First Person Shooter, made by Gen-Xers for Gen-Xers and millenials are getting called BOOMER SHOOTER those days. I am not going to waste my time explaining to anyone calling me a "boomer" that no, the boomers were the rear end in a top hat telling me doom-likes were murder simulators and Night Trap was about raping white women. Because Boomer just mean "old" for those kids anyway, like TERF just mean Transphobe.

boomer shooter just means the 90s FPS design of tons of guns and maplike levels, stop being so mad.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
I will not be satisfied unless Elon and Joe drive it into the Gulf of Mexico.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Earwicker posted:

But what will you do when the tartars appear

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Dip my battered fish in their remains

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
What will you do when you get attacked while travelling through Sherwood forest?

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Prettz posted:

I really, really hate this guy, and I so glad that no one at spacex listens to him anymore.

??? The company that isn't currently allowed to launch because Elon needed to blow up some wetlands for le epic memes?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Cybertruck will be arrowproof enough to server briefly as a siege tower

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

kazil posted:

Cybertruck will be arrowproof enough to server briefly as a siege tower

How quickly you forget the siege tower built from Boring Bricks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But the boiling oil will go straight through those panel gaps.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

But then so did he.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iw0Yw2J4p2s

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Foo Diddley posted:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I've got a special toothpaste for that eventuality.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

I'm so confused by this image, looking at the full size image I can see what looks like the arrow, like, there but with sparks around it? Did he have Joe Rogan or whoever the gently caress hand make the arrow from flint or something lol

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
They probably did something dumb like shoot it with a hunting broadhead (to make sure it wouldn't penetrate). I'd wager that if they stuck a bodkin point on it that it'd penetrate. Most target archery points are made of poo poo like tungsten and from what I know it wouldn't throw sparks like that.

Also if it didn't penetrate and it was an aluminum or carbon wrapped aluminum arrow then they're gonna have an arrow coming back at them with great speed. I've seen arrows rebound off steel beams and it's terrifying.

Scipiotik fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Oct 31, 2023

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Or they could have taped on a lit sparkler before firing. It’s not worth overthinking.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Wow this is going to totally revolutionize driving through the Battle of Agincourt.

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Is Elon selling all Cybertrucks specifically to Joe Rogan?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Elon is afraid of Robin Hood for all the right reasons.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Speaking as a dinosaur, I'm glad to see that Cybertruck will offer protection from Turok

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Escape Goat posted:

Speaking as a dinosaur, I'm glad to see that Cybertruck will offer protection from Turok

I don't think it'll stop Tek arrows.

Besides, the proper weapon to use against Teslas is the cerebral boer.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

E the Shaggy posted:

Is Elon selling all Cybertrucks specifically to Joe Rogan?

Joe Rohan*

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Has anyone mentioned the battle of Agincourt yet?

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

SRQ posted:

boomer shooter just means the 90s FPS design of tons of guns and maplike levels, stop being so mad.

The distinctive cultural product of the Gen-X generation is being mad at stuff for literally no reason.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

It split rohan's arrow in twain

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
So what are they planning to sell the cybertruck for? I saw a YT video the other day of some guy who is big into trucks going around to a few dealerships to be flabbergasted by the prices and there as a Ford Raptor R on the lot with an asking price of $150k

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

it was going to be $40k when it was announced years ago but you'll have to wait until next month to find out what it actually is

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Earwicker posted:

the cybertruck isn't a truck at all, it's a time travelling device. that's why we don't see them on the roads, thats why it never seems to be street ready: that already happened, centuries ago. the scuff marks we constantly see aren't from the lovely design but from withstanding the slings and arrows of time, literally.

This Back to the Future reboot sucks.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think someone spilled the beans, the 3-motor version is supposedly like 80k +FSD I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

kazil posted:

Joe Rohan*