Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

It's absolutely insane that zionist nazis are openly committing genocide and everyone who could help stop it just sits on their rear end and watches the massacre happen. The west obviously wants it since they're already writing laws to make opposing genocide illegal.

Cuckbullah should at least take out the iaf but no, they're too busy making loving trailers or some bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I’m not trying to entrap people into burger posting but jfc.

Biden the plastic paddy enabling all this should get him excommunicated.

If Hamas protects holy sites in Palestine they can take Jordan from the Hashemites too.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Frosted Flake posted:

But their bullshit doesn't even make... like... how the gently caress are you going to treat FIBUA/MOUT as frictionless terrain because the built landscape is just a social construct or whatever?

Concrete is... well it's loving concrete! It doesn't matter if you don't want to see it as an obstacle or whatever... it's... you know... an obstacle.

yes, it is a deliberate misreading but I think the point is that the exercise of abstracting material circumstances allows units the wherewithal to treat civilians and their homes as terrain. When a military unit enters a home that is part of the battlefield, they are taking ownership of it. what they are doing is using people as meat shields, and their homes as cover but the convoluted nature of the policy means no one has to think too hard on it. these aren't people whose lives they are destroying-- they're terrorists. it's just gibberish to legitimize genocide

here's a bit from something a friend sent me recently:

quote:

Worthy of particular emphasis is Weizman’s reference to a technique called “walking through walls”:

Furthermore, soldiers used none of the streets, roads, alleys, or courtyards that constitute the syntax of the city, and none of the external doors, internal stairwells, and windows that constitute the order of buildings, but rather moved horizontally through party walls, and vertically through holes blasted in ceilings and floors.

Weizman goes on to interview a commander of the Israeli Paratrooper Brigade. The commander describes his forces as acting “like a worm that eats its way forward, emerging at points and then disappearing. We were thus moving from the interior of homes to their exterior in a surprising manner and in places we were not expected, arriving from behind and hitting the enemy that awaited us behind a corner.”

This is how the troops could “adjust the relevant urban space to our needs,” he explains, and not the other way around.

Indeed, the commander thus exhorted his troops as follows: “There is no other way of moving! If until now you were used to moving along roads and sidewalks, forget it! From now on we all walk through walls!”

Weizman illustrates the other side of this terrifyingly dislocating experience by quoting an article originally published during the 2002 invasion. Here, a Palestinian woman, whose home was raided, recounts her witnessing of this technique:

'Imagine it—you’re sitting in your living room, which you know so well; this is the room where the family watches television together after the evening meal. . . . And, suddenly, that wall disappears with a deafening roar, the room fills with dust and debris, and through the wall pours one soldier after the other, screaming orders. You have no idea if they’re after you, if they’ve come to take over your home, or if your house just lies on their route to somewhere else. The children are screaming, panicking. . . . Is it possible to even begin to imagine the horror experienced by a five-year-old child as four, six, eight, twelve soldiers, their faces painted black, submachine guns pointed everywhere, antennas protruding from their backpacks, making them look like giant alien bugs, blast their way through that wall?'

this is from a short essay about how architectural space in Die Hard is used in ways unforseen by architects

https://www.readingdesign.org/nakatomi-space

however, the IOF still needs roads to get to the point where they can disembark and then caterpillar through walls

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

White House spokesperson John Kirby said the U.S. recognizes that thousands of civilians have been killed and injured and infrastructure has been damaged in the shelling in Gaza, telling reporters that "we’re not accepting of any single civilian death," but said that it's “obvious to us” that Israel is “trying to minimize” civilian casualties.

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1719458248728650106?s=20

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023

Uncle Wemus posted:

White House spokesperson John Kirby said the U.S. recognizes that thousands of civilians have been killed and injured and infrastructure has been damaged in the shelling in Gaza, telling reporters that "we’re not accepting of any single civilian death," but said that it's “obvious to us” that Israel is “trying to minimize” civilian casualties.

Death to america and death to israel

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

I know Hezbollah started sending out Christmas cards and made peace with the Maronites,

Marc Maronite

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

It also brings credence to the idea that the IDF can be a trusted voice on their bombing campaign if they admit to striking a refugee camp.

Tsitsikovas
Aug 2, 2023
Pow! Just hezbollah dot co-op. So whats your parents racket? Hassan Nasrallah? NO poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
no plans for the day after? interesting.

quote:

22 min ago

Israel downplays intelligence ministry document that proposed relocating of millions of Gazans to Egypt
From CNN's Kyle Blaine and Kevin Flower

Israel's prime minister is downplaying a leaked intelligence ministry document that proposed the relocation of millions of Palestinians to the Sinai Peninsula in Egypt.

"This is a preliminary paper, like dozens of such papers prepared by all political and security echelons,” Israel Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said in a statement. “The ‘day after’ is a topic that has not been discussed by official Israeli channels, which are now focused on dismantling Hamas' governing and military abilities."
The document is dated October 13 — just days after the Hamas terror attack — and was published on the website Sicha Mekomit. In it, the intelligence ministry lays out three options for dealing with civilians in Gaza after the Hamas attacks and the outbreak of war.

The paper’s authors concluded that “Alternative C," which calls for relocating Gaza’s civilian population to the northern Sinai, would be best for Israel’s long-term security.

As part of the plan, tent cities would be constructed in the area, with more permanent cities being constructed at a later date. The plan also calls for a humanitarian corridor to aid the resettled population and a security perimeter to be created to prevent them from entering Israel.

The acknowledgment of the paper by the Israeli government will likely intensify suspicion amongst Arab nations in the region that Israel is deliberately trying to displace Palestinians permanently. Egypt and Jordan have warned that any plan to transfer Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank to their respective countries would escalate conflict in the region.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
Minimizing civilian deaths by dropping multiple gps-guided bombs directly onto a refugee camp.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Something something Vietcong tunnels Hamas tunnels, baking McCain brain spaghetti in the baby oven

(As much effort as she deserves)

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

noted minimiser of casualties the us

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

Uncle Wemus posted:

Man in charge of supplying weapons to enable the murder of untold thousands of civilians: civilian deaths are unacceptable

DTI
DTA

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

quote:

I am honestly surprised Israel took responsibility for this one instead of claiming another Islamic Jihad super rocket misfire.

Yes, they are Big Bad Guy, be sure to never give them any credit even when it's staring you in the face.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

WoodrowSkillson posted:

yeah israel could exile or murder every christian in the country and it would not change their support because its not based on liking israel or israelis, they want them to start the apocalypse

Can confirm, i grew up in a church where people talked very seriously about keeping an eye on I/P because it was a barometer for the end times and judgement day

This was a Pentecostal church

Those types will use it as an excuse to call for more blood than ever

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Calibanibal posted:

A misfired Hamas rocket hit my dick and made it not work. And thats terrible

the rocket is designed to only target tiny baby dicks so it was actually functioning to spec

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

fits my needs posted:

This went from “baseless antisemitic conspiracy” to “no big deal” in record time.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

A misfired Hamas rocket hit my dick and made it not work. And thats terrible

THEY AIR FRIED CALIBANIBAL’S BONER

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Tsitsikovas posted:

Pow! Just hezbollah dot co-op. So whats your parents racket? Hassan Nasrallah? NO poo poo.

pardon?

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

the falling bombs sound exactly like the “bunker busters” that were all over the news during operation Iraqi freedom. its messing me up to have this sound of a weapon be a familiar point of contact in another atrocity

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Every time I see this bullshit I'm reminded of that TV graphic showing "terrorists killed" in the thousands.

Clearly there are no civilians as far as this "defensive" campaign is concerned.

loving disgusting.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

The acknowledgment of the paper by the Israeli government will likely intensify suspicion amongst Arab nations in the region that Israel is deliberately trying to displace Palestinians permanently.

I can imagine the arab nations slowly walking in a circle, stroking their chins. "hummmm, suspicious, how very.... suspicious"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BarakRavid/status/1719455273046139323

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

people have to see right through this at some point, right?

don't answer me

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

blinkeh...

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

The Virgin Hezbollah and the Chad Houthi

B B
Dec 1, 2005

DTI and DTA

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

antipattern posted:

It's absolutely insane that zionist nazis are openly committing genocide and everyone who could help stop it just sits on their rear end and watches the massacre happen. The west obviously wants it since they're already writing laws to make opposing genocide illegal.

Cuckbullah should at least take out the iaf but no, they're too busy making loving trailers or some bullshit

Just take out the IAF, ehh? Easy as. Ukraine is still flying planes in a war a year and a half long against the country with probably the best anti air in the world, and certainly with far greater ability than Hezbollah for long range strikes at ground targets and associated targeting. How is Hezbollah even supposed to target those long range strikes?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

:smith:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

HiroProtagonist posted:

don't answer me

People are seeing through it, but the US media will be the last place you'll see acknowledge it.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
tearing down walls to get through buildings is as old as urban warfare not some new poo poo israel invented, even though they pretend they invented it

like it was huge thing in every urban battle in ww2, every urban battle since then, dunno why they got couch it in these extremely strange metaphysical terms

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

HiroProtagonist posted:

don't answer me

If you haven't seen through it by now, you never will. Alternatively, you actually have and are just actively lying to yourself and to others while deep down knowing the truth.

Sidenote - Which one of you posted about how Egypt reveals a new archeological finding whenever people are mad at its government?

https://www.businessinsider.com/ancient-egyptian-book-dead-buried-3-500-year-mummies-2023-10

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

gradenko_2000 posted:

Marc Maronite

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Sancho Banana posted:

Sidenote - Which one of you posted about how Egypt reveals a new archeological finding whenever people are mad at its government?

https://www.businessinsider.com/ancient-egyptian-book-dead-buried-3-500-year-mummies-2023-10

lol

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Fleetwood posted:

however, the IOF still needs roads to get to the point where they can disembark and then caterpillar through walls

I'm sure it looks theatrically awesome, but this seems stupid for distances greater than one wall away and without absolutely perfect knowledge of where you're going.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Mr. Sharps posted:

the falling bombs sound exactly like the “bunker busters” that were all over the news during operation Iraqi freedom. its messing me up to have this sound of a weapon be a familiar point of contact in another atrocity

Just one?

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

fits my needs posted:

i dont understand what the big deal is, i see a dozen of these "genocide the Palestinians" and "do an ethnic cleansing on gaza" papers cross my desk every day

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Sancho Banana posted:

If you haven't seen through it by now, you never will. Alternatively, you actually have and are just actively lying to yourself and to others while deep down knowing the truth.

I'm not even sure what critical mass of "seeing through it" looks like right now. There are already large demonstrations demonstrations. Poll numbers for the incumbent president, who was already on the edge, are plummeting. I'm not trying to be defeatist, I just have no realistic idea what changes the administration policy at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I have to laugh at someone who went to work for the UN on human rights and then got surprised pikachu faced when it was "helpless" to stop western-backed genocide. that's kind of the point of the institution. that's what it's done since the 50s.