Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

It'll be a grand and epic farming movie about a farmer that times their crops to harvest right before a Spring festivel to maximize the amount of strwberries seeds they can buy.

The climax will either be realizing he misjudged it by a day or figuring out if he can get an extra harvest of the strawberries before season's end!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Pick your own adventure style, where you have to change which movie theater based on who you want as the love interest and which ending you want.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
A Ghibli movie about junimo society and their hijinx. They're at war with slimes.

A movie about Harvey and his one really problematic patient who is an inexperienced and ambitious caver that ends up near death every day. Especially if it rains.

Bar drama about the saloon and small town relationships. Someone dies.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Dunno-Lars posted:

Pick your own adventure style, where you have to change which movie theater based on who you want as the love interest and which ending you want.

Lol. That'd be something.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MacheteZombie posted:

A war movie with stardew mentioned in passing

Call of Dewty

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Whether it is animated content on youtube from Matthiew McLesky, Studio Baku, or UnsurpassableZ, I think most of the funny or bizarre content has already been done.

A movie version may end up borrowing some of these jokes and perhaps refining them, but the idea of " city slicker comes to small town America, finds love" has been done before (but without the name recognition).

That, or some B studio buys the rights and playes it out out as a horror movie - it bombing hard at the box office, and ends up making Feeders 2 or Nukie look great in comparison...

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
You're right; There's only one company that can do a Stardew Valley live-action film justice!

We need HALLMARK!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You joke but they really have about the right energy and earnestness for the game lol

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
It would be their biggest winfall in decades and they would never let go. Maybe that's ok?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The only downside is the love interest would be Haley with every other potential partner reduced to varying secondary-cast roles of "Haley's Friend(s)".

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The only downside is the love interest would be Haley with every other potential partner reduced to varying secondary-cast roles of "Haley's Friend(s)".

Honestly I think Penny is more the “Hallmark Protagonist” mold than Haley

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusTorus posted:

Honestly I think Penny is more the “Hallmark Protagonist” mold than Haley

Nah, the problem with Penny is you're writing an "Escape the mother" story for a movie, and that'd end with going to the city with her handsome new man for a New Life rather than "Escaping to a property just down the road".

Haley's the conventionally-pretty country girl with dreams of the Big City.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Penny is the best they should choose her

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Give me a hand-drawn Miyazaki movie based on the galaxy-spanning adventures of Maru’s robot, thanks in advance.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If the movie is about my farmer then he has time and gifts to get everyone's hearts up, but simply no space for spouse or child. Only casks.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
Ghibli Valley would be about a ~12 year-old girl relocating with her family to the old, overgrown farm of her dead grandfather, seeing the junimos in the eaves that no one else can see, working side jobs for Pierre and Marnie accompanied by her new pet cat, beset by witch-crows and getting caught in a rainstorm and finding shelter in a nearby cottage and befriending Leah in a sleepover, and watching her parents and townsfolk-friends succumb to a spell of gluttony laid by the nefarious JOJA corporation, before being sucked into the shadow underworld never to escape and see her family again, until befriending Krobus and Dwarf and Linus, and defeating her JOJA captors with the power-up of SALMONBERRIES.

And then her father, who was Pierre all along, fisticuffs and punches the secret shadow-person MORRUS straight through the roof of the community center, and the day was saved. And Marnie danced.

Hire me, Ghibli Ape.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

A new farmer each movie who picks a different partner each time but the core cast is all the same (minus the farmer) Only the Wizard and Krobus remember the prior events.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, the problem with Penny is you're writing an "Escape the mother" story for a movie, and that'd end with going to the city with her handsome new man for a New Life rather than "Escaping to a property just down the road".

Haley's the conventionally-pretty country girl with dreams of the Big City.

No that's the twist, the protagonist initially falls for Haley but she's so swept up in her dreams of her new beau taking her away to the Big City and away from boring-rear end Pelican Town that she completely misses the fact that he's falling in love with Stardew Valley and doesn't want to leave. This destroys their relationship as he finds himself more and more attracted to Penny - no cheating is involved but there may be some wacky misunderstandings and comedic hijinks. So when Haley finally says she can't take it anymore and wants to leave, he has to let her go off to follow her dream, and they break up. Then he's free to actually pursue Penny, but first has to get her out of an uncomfortable situation when it turns out Sam (who's too young for her) has been misreading her signals and thinks she's into him... which turns out to be easy because Sam wants to go to the big city too with his band, and our protagonist is happy to help make this happen by reconnecting with Haley, who has a new job at a concert promotion company. She's happy in her new life and says she hopes he's happy in his, and gives him encouragement and advice on landing Penny. It works, they get together and marry, everyone's happy, roll credits.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
If anyone should direct Stardew it should be Neil Breen

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stardew valley movie would involve a lot of pressing A next to a plant

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

If anyone should direct Stardew it should be Neil Breen

He'll just green screen himself directly into the game

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
everyone can see the Junimos, they just collectively pretend not to

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Where is your homework Vincent?
The junimos ate it miss.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Denis Villeneuve's Stardew Valley starring Jake Gyllenhaal as The New Farmer

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Overdrawn at the Stardew Bank where people dopple into the farmer for vacation and the film follows Mr. Qi as he hacks the system

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Ari Aster's Stardew Valley but it's just his version of one of those 400 Days in Stardew Valley Full Movie youtube videos

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

He'd nail the anxiety of leaving the mine ten minutes before 2am

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
A 2 year long movie shot in real time of a silent farmer who rebuilds a dying farm and mutely befriends locals by handing them random junk and listening to them repeat themselves everyday.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Joja Corp cause anothet landslide, this time trapping the Farmer and Shane on the farm.

Robert Eggers Stardew Valley.

HARK!

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

28 Days Later, except it's just a farmer replanting their crops because the season changed

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
First Cow: The Stardew Valley Story

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Tim Burton's Stardew Valley, starring Johnny Depp as the Farmer and Helena Bonham Carter as Abigail

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Pththya-lyi posted:

Tim Burton's Stardew Valley, starring Johnny Depp as the Farmer and Helena Bonham Carter as Abigail

CGI Budget: $350 million dollars

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Michael Keaton's Krobus would make it worthwhile.

TheCIASentMe
Jul 11, 2003

I'll get you! Just you wait and see!
Man the app keeps crashing on me when I try to post something. So hopefully no duplicates are happening.

But the perfect director would be Wes Anderson.

Stardew Valley: the whimsical adventure of a young 20 something who knows nothing about farming leaving their old life to start a farm and in the process discovers themself and develops a connection to their kooky neighbors.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles
Wes Anderson would definitely include a scene where Abigail eats some amethysts

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reveilled posted:

Wes Anderson would definitely include a scene where Abigail eats some amethysts

No, that'd easily be Emily.

Also Wes Anderson could probably do Caroline's tea vignette justice in live-action.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Emily just thinks crystals have health benefits. Abigail actually says "thanks, I was hungry" when you give her amethyst.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No, that'd easily be Emily.

Also Wes Anderson could probably do Caroline's tea vignette justice in live-action.

After she serves the farmer tea she seduces them into steamy passionate sex while Pierre watches from the cuck chair in the corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

We need an expansion where a dentist moves into SDV and his story is that he’s faltering with so few folks living there until finally Abigail comes in for a checkup…