Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

There's an audio log in one of the dungeons where the dude recorded cause of death of all the people buried at the church, and it was something like only 2 people died of old age out of hundreds

Grim

A lot of them were childhood death and that checks out for a society without childhood vaccinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Soonmot posted:

thee lilith statues? Once you get them all, they should be cleared for all your subsequent characters. I think there's still a normal/hardcore divide though.

oh yeah I know, I just hate even doing them once

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

an iksar marauder posted:

oh yeah I know, I just hate even doing them once

the first 40 were kinda fun

edit: jesus this patch is slower than a 28.8 modem

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Mustached Demon posted:

A lot of them were childhood death and that checks out for a society without childhood vaccinations.
I like how no matter how bad Diablo gets, it's still nowhere near as bad as Elden Ring's ultra-nihilistic world where everyone dies no matter what, if they're lucky enough to be allowed to die, and basically all the endings are worse than worldwide death.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

To me Elden Ring isn't so bad. And I find the Rani ending to be pretty hopeful - let's just get all this god bullshit out of here so that normal folks can have normal lives.

Back to Diablo 4, is your character special in any way? Or are they just a normal bloke who for some reason can level up and gain godly abilities?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shard posted:

To me Elden Ring isn't so bad. And I find the Rani ending to be pretty hopeful - let's just get all this god bullshit out of here so that normal folks can have normal lives.

Back to Diablo 4, is your character special in any way? Or are they just a normal bloke who for some reason can level up and gain godly abilities?

Just a random wanderer

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Shard posted:

Everything seems to be because you were fed blood petals, and then unlike the rest of the victims of Nevesk, not immediately butchered.

Side effects include seeing visions of her nefarious plans, immunity to vampire curses and discoloration of the urine and feces.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 31, 2023

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

nearly at level 100 and only starting to burn out on the season now im exclusively running nmds to try to get my glyphs up which i have avoided until now. more or less i consider this season to be very successful but glyph xp is the main thing id consider to be top priority. plemty of other qol stuff like a better loot filter would be good but if i had to pick one thing to improve on its how tedious even getting all your glyphs to 15 is. i doubt im going to bother to get more than one of them to 21

I'm hoping enough people ignore nmd entirely for blizz to realize that attaching strings beyond "kill boss get juice" is a huge deterrent to bothering, even when power you can't get elsewhere is gated behind it. if they want to have the objectives in there, make them optional and reward with whisper progress, or alternatively obols, and give obols a ~100-200 option that spits out a random uber boss mat. either or

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

Shard posted:

You get a dose of demon mommy blood in the beginning of the campaign that I guess empowers you?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Shard posted:

Humans naturally are capable of thoroughly owning entire legions of hell or heaven but it needs activated via plot mcguffins.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
The feeling when you get a decent drop but you'd have to reroll one of the stats and maybe another stat could be better...just awful man. I think I'm at the point where if it isn't just a perfect on drop I junk it. Loot system has broken me.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Sounds like you beat the game. Congrats.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Everything seems to be because you were fed blood petals, and then unlike the rest of the victims of Nevesk, not immediately butchered.

Side effects include seeing visions of her nefarious plans, immunity to vampire curses and discoloration of the urine and feces.

Do not operate heavy machinery

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Not sure I expected Ball Lightning to be so powerful, even after getting hyped up for it. Finally was able to get my Crit Chance over 25% and figured that I'd try Elias but maybe not get far at level 58, and he just melted. I think he only attacked me like three times. On to WT4 I guess.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

McCoy Pauley posted:

Not sure I expected Ball Lightning to be so powerful, even after getting hyped up for it. Finally was able to get my Crit Chance over 25% and figured that I'd try Elias but maybe not get far at level 58, and he just melted. I think he only attacked me like three times. On to WT4 I guess.

I just jumped on and tried WT4 with my 60 baller. Everything is melting just as fast. It's insanely fun. However, the damage done to me is very spikey because the build sort of depends on a barrier of some sort being up almost all the time, but those moments it isn't I clench my teeth a little. I did a legion event and now im 63. lmao

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

And for Blizzards next trick Starcraft 3 is a retelling of the Fourth Stimpire

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

American McGay posted:

Sounds like you beat the game. Congrats.

I'm only 78 :cry:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Then all your gear isn’t 925. Get back out there.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kaysette posted:

do this to gear up then hit a world boss to try and get 925 weapon and offhand

does 900 level gear only drop from world bosses? i found a badass sorc staff 925 that i’m using on an arc lash / ball light build since its damage is so crazy despite the power attack speed. haven’t found any other 925s running a lot of NM dungeons

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Well the blood petals was helpful in foiling her plans, but the being absurdly strong and gaining 20kg muscle mass per hour of demon killing is purely you.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

"You are just that cool I guess" as an in-universe mechanic.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

It is also explicitly vowen into the plot. "All the powers of the thousand-years scholars of the horadrim and the prayers and armies of the church of the light have failed us, but thank god we still have Mr. Random Guy here."

TBH I really loved how the writers went whole-sale committed to the idea of DoomGuy just appearing from nowhere and solving everyone's problems, and the characters just completely accepting it and rolling with it and even factoring it into their plans.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i mean i guess before the pedals youre still a strong person youve got like an axe or a spell and most people in sanctuary dont seem to do weapons or spells (god only knows why not its an atrociously lovely place to be a farmer)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Help I need the gravitational aspect

Helppppp

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Also great place to raise a kid up, step one foot outside the village and be instantly greeted with cannibals, conan clans, goatmen etc. I guess these 5 lovely huts are your life now, son.

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr
I mean, Mr Wolf is also by your side, helping out when needed.

Until he's not

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Verviticus posted:

i mean i guess before the pedals youre still a strong person youve got like an axe or a spell and most people in sanctuary dont seem to do weapons or spells (god only knows why not its an atrociously lovely place to be a farmer)

mr wolf wouldn't just pick some jobber

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I'm totally doing something wrong. I'm level 80 (blood surge necro, 14.7k attack power, all items 925, aside from two, fully upgraded and gemmed, imprinted with everything in this guide here) at this point and I am unable to kill any of the uber bosses. I haven't re-rolled any of my stats yet, as I'm waiting to get better items before wasting my mats. How do I link my profile so someone can see what I'm doing wrong?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

euphronius posted:

Help I need the gravitational aspect

Helppppp

I had only one across about 50 levels and after complaining about it in a post here, like 5 more dropped in quick succession.

So hopefully you've found several since you posted that.

Marshal Plugnut
Aug 16, 2005

The code to the exit is 1125

Marshal Plugnut posted:

Was there something shonky going on with the D4 network last night? I played for a couple of hours and didn't see one other player, whether in town, or open world (helltides, bloodtide).

Certainly not the issue tonight. Was just about to go to bed when I came across some dude having a big fight in bloodtide, joined him, completed a blood syphon with him and another rando who came along. We must have all then got the 'blood seekers are hunting you' at the same time, as we then had 3 waves of back to back blood seekers to fight. Absolute carnage, loot everywhere. Great stuff.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

obi_ant posted:

I'm totally doing something wrong. I'm level 80 (blood surge necro, 14.7k attack power, all items 925, aside from two, fully upgraded and gemmed, imprinted with everything in this guide here) at this point and I am unable to kill any of the uber bosses. I haven't re-rolled any of my stats yet, as I'm waiting to get better items before wasting my mats. How do I link my profile so someone can see what I'm doing wrong?

I think d4 armory works to show your gear

Item level is all well and good but if the actual item mods on your gear are literally just random then that might explain it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reroll your gear man

Mats are infinite

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

blizzard bby what u doin

you release a patch on halloween

in your goth themed fantasy game driven by microtransactions

and there's not even a free halloween cosmetic for players?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I don't know why they don't just say ever player character in their games are neaphim. Seems like an easy reason as to why you are built different.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I was kind of under the assumption that the Wanderer is some level of nephalem. Remember that the "totally not a prime evil or anything" wolf takes an interest in you before anyone pulls a Million Dollar Dream with blood petals instead of a $100 bill on you.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 1, 2023

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
If we talking lore aren't all humans technically Nephalem and its very watered down now over thousands of years but every now and then it manifests stronger for reasons (some prime evil is loving about).

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I like to think that every villager could be a pc, they just have really bad builds and don't level. I back this up by the loving randos you find in the middle of nightmare dungeons or out in the wilds. Sure they're getting killed, but look how far they came.

What makes the PC special is that they get to rezz, everyone else is playing hardcore/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Last Epoch's endgame is a series of very short to short instances and it works very well. Also you interact with all instances from a single room with all the guys you need to interact with. I guess technically there's no difference between a very short and an infinite instance, ultimately you're just killing dudes, but the regular breaks really help, and the instance design is very simple. Imagine if every section in a current NMD was its own thing and each rewarded glyph xp and loot. Most LE monolith instances are shorter than that.

All that to say: shorten NMD's by half or so and I think people will mind them a lot less.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

In d1/d2, you're just some person who shows up.

D3 you saw a meteor fall and wanted to check it out.

Mephisto saves your rear end in D4 knowing full well you're gonna kill him a bazillion times for a shako.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Mephisto will not keep me from being a leather daddy that’s for loving sure