Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

canyoneer posted:

Does that mean the series will end without playing the 6th game?

They'll keep going but the game will be well past its peak and you'll be wondering why they even bother anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Intruder posted:

could the ratings BE any lower?

:rip:

Hey friend, i see what you did there.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

They'll keep going but the game will be well past its peak and you'll be wondering why they even bother anymore.

People will start getting on base in ways that make no sense as they try anything to get ratings.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Intruder posted:

could the ratings BE any lower?

:rip:

:perfect:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

RIP

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1719492483229372739?s=20

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

:cry:

If the Diamondbacks come back and win I’ll probably be What If-ing this for the rest of my life.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

Intruder posted:

us salty fans of eliminated teams obviously

isn't there a separate thread for loser franchises that are not in fact still in the playoffs?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Killer name/post combo

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ah yes a thread of just Rangers and Diamondbacks fans posting surely that thread will not immediately fall down to Page 2 and beyond.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Congrats Dbacks

Also, shouldn't every starter from Game 4 on turn up with a Strained Muscle No Really I'm Serious It's Totally Strained Owwwww so the team can replace him with a fresh AAA reliever?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Kirios posted:

Ah yes a thread of just Rangers and Diamondbacks fans posting surely that thread will not immediately fall down to Page 2 and beyond.
                                                /

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Congrats Dbacks

Also, shouldn't every starter from Game 4 on turn up with a Strained Muscle No Really I'm Serious It's Totally Strained Owwwww so the team can replace him with a fresh AAA reliever?
neither of these teams have what you might call “good” pitchers held off the roster for lack of space

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
games 1 and 2 were good, game three was just a boring runaway stomp. more like the first two and less like the last one thanks

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Eric the Mauve posted:

Congrats Dbacks

Idk I think especially in a WS you’d rather have your ace for late series relief

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Congrats Dbacks

Through two innings, I think you can see just how unreliable trying to use random AAA relievers in a World Series game can be.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Holy poo poo it was 5-0 when I read the post above me (maybe now several posts above me), and before I finished reading about Garcia/Scherzer it was 10-0. :stare:

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!
It's a Halloween snuff film and I'm here for it.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I wonder what the biggest recorded gap between runs and hits where runs is the larger number during a ws game is.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Texas about to Cleveland this series

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Rangers undefeated on the road in the postseason is pretty incredible.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Crunkjuice posted:

It's a Halloween snuff film and I'm here for it.

Fitting that the bats finally showed up on Halloween

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Popete posted:

Texas about to Cleveland this series

Came here to post about being down 3-1.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Bochy managing to use Leclerc in a game they led by 10 and won by 4 seems like a pretty solid gently caress up that could come back to bite them

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Bochy managing to use Leclerc in a game they led by 10 and won by 4 seems like a pretty solid gently caress up that could come back to bite them

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

bawfuls posted:

He tried to get too cute and save Dunning for some unknown reason. Will Smith had 22 saves this year but he’s honestly one of the least reliable relievers I’ve ever seen. He makes Aroldis Chapman look like Mariano Rivera.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

bawfuls posted:

There was no reason not to use Dunning for at least 3 innings, if Eovaldi pitches badly enough tomorrow that the long man would be necessary the series would be going back to Arlington anyway and there’d be a day off for travel.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Yeah when Dunning came in I assumed he was going as long as he could

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

bawfuls posted:

Yeah when Dunning came in I assumed he was going as long as he could

I’m legit scared since LeClerc would be pitching on his third consecutive day tomorrow if he’s used we’ll get Game 5 of the ALCS all over again and there’s no guarantees in those last two games in Arlington with how bad the Rangers have been at home this postseason + what the Sneks did in Philly in the NLCS :ohdear:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Is that a 3-1 lead I smell?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sydin posted:

Is that a 3-1 lead I smell?

Yeah, but it's cursed

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
The way this season has gone, a three game losing isn't even all that improbable. Sneks are a good team. I'm not going to let myself get excited until the last out. I've been hurt too many times.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

He tried to get too cute

Every manager in the playoffs

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Texas Rangers are one win away from the World Series. Let's not look at what happened the last time they were in this position

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm not even the slightest hyped up. It's over when it's over and not even a goddamn second sooner.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I’m as traumatized as anyone by 2011, but I feel pretty good about the Rangers odds of closing the deal tonight or in game 6.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Is Eovaldi scheduled for tonight or Friday?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Is Eovaldi scheduled for tonight or Friday?

Eovaldi tonight, Montgomery Friday

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Probables are Eovaldi/Gallen tonight, Montgomery/Kelly Friday, and Gray/Pfaadt Saturday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Montgomery looks eerily like Pam's ex-fiancee from The Office and it's not just me, right? Every time they zoom way in on him I hear "I'm gonna kill Jim Halpert"