Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I don't know why O'Riordan is apparently canceled (also it is weird that these celebrities involved in projects I actually like keep drowning)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I do this deliberately though

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I don't know why O'Riordan is apparently canceled (also it is weird that these celebrities involved in projects I actually like keep drowning)

I don't know either. What did I miss now?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

:hmmyes:

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

[sighs in Scraping Spear]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I would like someone to post their favorite memes

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

euphronius posted:

I would like someone to post their favorite memes

do "memes that only the most broken of brains would even begin to understand" count? because this is a good'un if your brain is broken on Destiny 2 and SA

most of my actual favorite memes are probably overly political for a non c-spam thread tbh

Lib and let die has a new favorite as of 21:48 on Oct 31, 2023

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dolores O'Riordan liked John Paul 2 and lived in Trump Tower, both of which are bad, but she also spat on and headbutted cops, which are good.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

If you are an Irish person born before the 21st century, it's almost a given that you will have a weird, complicated love-hate relationship with the Catholic Church, so I don't know if I'd hold that against her

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Baron von Eevl posted:

but she also spat on and headbutted cops, which are good.

... Cops who were removing her from a flight for harassing and physically assaulting passengers and flight attendants, which is bad.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Modal Auxiliary posted:

... Cops who were removing her from a flight for harassing and physically assaulting passengers and flight attendants, which is bad.

I think this is one of those "'and' not 'but'" situations my therapist talks about

dregan
Jan 16, 2005

I could transport you all into space if I wanted.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Dolores O'Riordan liked John Paul 2 and lived in Trump Tower, both of which are bad, but she also spat on and headbutted cops, which are good.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

She, along with her bandmates, was responsible for some incredible music and had one of the best accents around, which is good

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

Phlegmish posted:

She, along with her bandmates, was responsible for some incredible music and had one of the best accents around, which is good

...but they also wrote and recorded "Salvation", one of the worst songs of the decade, which is bad.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Modal Auxiliary posted:

...but they also wrote and recorded "Salvation", one of the worst songs of the decade, which is bad.

This is one of the most incorrect posts of the decade, which is saying something

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
What she's saying in Zombie and what she said in interviews about it is poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-lbKwxAUrY

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Oh my god I don't loving care

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Bald Stalin posted:

What she's saying in Zombie and what she said in interviews about it is poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-lbKwxAUrY

Lol that video is terrible

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The song is about zombies. You can tell because she says the word zombie a dozen times

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Good to know this band isn't just blisteringly and inscrutably divisive among my coworkers

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
I clicked on that because I thought it couldn't be more than five minutes long, tops. How the hell is it half an hour?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

Perennial post itt

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
All I'm saying is, it's a poo poo song supporting Israel, pretending oct 7 happened in a vacuum, gazans fighting back are zombies.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Modal Auxiliary posted:

But Salvation is actually a pretty good song, which is good

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
Back to the memes

No more Cranberries references

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bald Stalin posted:

All I'm saying is, it's a poo poo song supporting Israel, pretending oct 7 happened in a vacuum, gazans fighting back are zombies.

:ohno:

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Bald Stalin posted:

Milo and POTUS posted:

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
Oh neat I've always been interested in doing my family tre-

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The song Zombie is a banger and while it's true that the lyrics chide the IRA for fighting back as well as condemning the British, fortunately the author is dead both in the broad cultural sense and also in this case specifically and literally, so people can and should interpret poo poo however they want!

Related meme:

unrelated memes:

I came across this one yesterday while looking for another meme. Has some vague Chintu vibes

a Lazarus taxa is one with a discontinuous fossil record: it disappears from the fossil record and then reappears later. Coelacanth is an example.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Happy Halloween! Here's one of my favorites!

https://i.imgur.com/g7HZXYE.mp4

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Captain Splendid posted:

Back to the memes

No more Cranberries references

lol

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
Did you have to
Did you have to
Did you have to let it linger

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kheldarn posted:

Happy Halloween! Here's one of my favorites!

https://i.imgur.com/g7HZXYE.mp4

:same:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mandatory parking minimums???

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Biplane posted:

Our cites would rather pave themselves over instead of spending money on frequent, reliable public transit

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Biplane posted:

Believe me, you don't want to get busted for parking evasion. They'll nail you to the wall.

(It's a regulation for builders to include a certain amount of parking spaces when putting up certain types/sizes of buildings)

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Biplane posted:

Yeah a bunch of American cities have outrageously high requirements for developments to provide certain square metres of parking space for every square metre of floor space inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Biplane posted:

Zoning laws which dictate that there must be x amount of parking to accommodate a theoretical amount of customers at peak times. Most of the time it's not used, which is how we end up with gigantic lots that are only like half full.

It often ends up stifling new businesses from popping up because the need for so much extra land for parking often makes it cost prohibitive for small businesses to open.

Here's a good video that explains manditory parking minimums and why it's dumb and bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUNXFHpUhu8