Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

My summary was get eliminated in round 1 and never go back

:same:

I kinda might try to get minion but I avoid all kinds of jumping puzzles or GATES since it's just so much effort to fall off later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I'm on Aether, Giglamesh specifically. I have done 3 matches, the first two took about 4 minutes to find a match and the third took 5.

edit: Also just automatically kick me out of the game if I get eliminated. Why would I want to watch the winners keep playing?

In Elemental people just make PFs and a full 24 alliance filled up extremely fast, might just be a day 1 phenomenon but hey, it works.

Also I was playing with friends so that's the reason to stick around after you're eliminated I guess. Just shoot the poo poo while you're transparent.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
The event where you drop off the crystals in different color lanes seems nearly impossible

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

yeah, saucery siege, the first two times I did it it was bullSHIT YOSHIP I was like ten yalms OUT of that poo poo but the third time it felt fine. the red path feels pretty nasty

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This new hairstyle looks dope but I dunno if I love it for my character. Even so, it's inspired me to mess with my glams for the first time in a while (mostly to avoid clipping the hair, natch).

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Ouch, I changed my mind ...I hate the Fall Guys timers each time I'm eliminated and I want to leave right away.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

I've played twice and both were empty lobbies, even though the area was packed when I was queueing. :v: Though I was only getting 87 points per round.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

World War Mammories posted:

yeah, saucery siege, the first two times I did it it was bullSHIT YOSHIP I was like ten yalms OUT of that poo poo but the third time it felt fine. the red path feels pretty nasty

Red path is the nastiest yeah.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i played twice and didn't feel like i had problems with lag or anything. saucery siege was pretty easy.

however it still gave me pvp anxiety so i will have to see if i want to go back later

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Didn't feel bad save for the crystal minigame cause poo poo snapshots real early, as I mentioned before. Managed to buy all the extra stuff and on top of that the furniture motivated me to finally do some inventory cleanup, turning the saddlebag into a currency bag, drop all seasonal furniture on a retainer and sell some old gear I didn't want for glamours, although that step will only be finished the day I level everything to 90 so I only have like 5 sets + BLU to worry about. Also got the PVP cool glams so very productive, thank you weird alien beans!

let's ignore my second retainer filled with old ARR gear for when I saved stuff in case of glamour

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Pops are instant on Materia, which is good because I am not good at the status effect obstacles and keep flunking out on the first round.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

won a blunderville, noticed the achievement was labeled "1", went to look, and the final achievement/title is for one hundred wins, god drat

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I got into a solo queue and still got eliminated because I can't carry the crystals. I have a feeling this is maybe overtuned.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want to do the new Savage Criterion dungeon because I'm hellbent on the shiny BLU umbrella. If you also want to - probably the weekends, but I'm a night owl so Pacific time can work as well as Eastern for me - either reply to this or PM me or reply to my post in the Discord. Let's get that incredible umbrella.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Ran 3 routes of Aloalo with my wife and a friend of ours. We like to take notes and theory craft all the routes and solve them with no guides. The last two were a blast and this one has been no different.

Absolutely in love with the ffx/macalania woods aesthetic.

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
Happy Halloween!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is it some sort of weird oversight that the nuts vendor still sells upgrade items for the previous tier's tomestone gear for the same price as the current tier, and doesn't have the weapon upgrade items at all? Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought those usually got discounted once the next tier of gear was released since they're basically just glam bait at that point.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
The thing I like about this fall guys event is that I can fail my way to rewards.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I may just afk it 50 times to buy a few things since success is out of the question

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

FuturePastNow posted:

I may just afk it 50 times to buy a few things since success is out of the question

I believe in you

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

let's ignore my second retainer filled with old ARR gear for when I saved stuff in case of glamour

You're better off than me. That's four of my four, but each has mostly different expacs worth of poo poo I picked up along the way.

I keep saying I'll clean out one day but I know it's only lies I tell myself. My saddlebag and armoury are all full, I think I need help

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

FuturePastNow posted:

lol

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have gotten to the third round any number of times, but I know my limits. Crystal Siege continues to be a luck-based mission, though. :argh:

Halfway done with the Variant Dungeon routes. Statice is cool and also my friend.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Crystal Siege causes the majority of people problems.

So, take advantage of it. Take it slow, wait the extra second or three for obstacles to activate and only move past them when you've got the most time. Especially on the red path, at the halfway point with the two cylinders. Don't try to move past both at the same time, you'll almost always get caught out by either the cylinder or the fist. Do them one at a time, moving forward while you wait for the second cylinder to pass.

You'll still get the odd hit from lag or bullshit snapshotting but they'll be way less frequent, saving you more time than you lose by waiting.

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Crystal Courier will kick your rear end once but is basically trivial once you've figured out the patterns.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Finally got my dumb hat.

Next long term goal: max out all tribes.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

drop all seasonal furniture on a retainer

If you have any form of housing, whether either kind of apartment or an actual house, and haven't already filled it, you can put the indoor stuff into the Storeroom.

There's a separate outdoor storage, too, but that's only available for those with their own house.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Did the three main end bosses of Aloalo yesterday. The middle one is some galaxy brain fuckery. I can't rotate things is what I've learnt. The Criterion version must be some tough poo poo. I really want to give it a go.

Then me and my partner ran some more variants a few time to fill out a few more of our routes and I got the umbrella from Rokkon which is a new fave.

Overall I think the Variant dungeons might be... good content? They're especially fun as two-person content I think: nicely challenging. Four person they're still more fun than most standard dungeons. It would be good to get a roulette for them at some point or something like that though, make the rewards a bit more tasty.

I feel like I want to seriously try beating the Criterions in the future. There doesn't seem to be much guide content out there though and I guess it'll be a "make a static" thing because I don't anticipate much PF interest in it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Onean posted:

If you have any form of housing, whether either kind of apartment or an actual house, and haven't already filled it, you can put the indoor stuff into the Storeroom.

There's a separate outdoor storage, too, but that's only available for those with their own house.

...the gently caress? How much space is in it? How long do items last? Why did nobody ever tell me about that????

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I only have a non-FC apartment, and I can store 100 items. I have no idea if that's shared across the different housing options or if the others have larger capacities.

There's no timer or anything, either, so it's just (at least) 100 slots of furniture storage if you've got an apartment.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Is it some sort of weird oversight that the nuts vendor still sells upgrade items for the previous tier's tomestone gear for the same price as the current tier, and doesn't have the weapon upgrade items at all? Maybe I'm misremembering but I thought those usually got discounted once the next tier of gear was released since they're basically just glam bait at that point.

No, that's normal. The weapon upgrade item isn't on the vendor until the weekly savage loot unlocks, I think that's with the x.55 patch usually though I could be wrong. The same thing happened last tier. You also can't use the alliance raid coins to buy the weapon upgrade material until then as well.

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
Right, but for the last tier?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Halfway done with the Variant Dungeon routes. Statice is cool and also my friend.

I want Satice whoopee cushions to booby trap my house with.

Onean posted:

Unfortunately, outdoor storage matches the number of outdoor items you can place so it's criminally small. I have a medium and 40 slots is just not enough for 10 years of accumulated housing stuff. The island at least takes a little pressure off for furniture you only ever plan to use on the island since you can register things and then vendor them.

DelphiAegis posted:

No, that's normal. The weapon upgrade item isn't on the vendor until the weekly savage loot unlocks, I think that's with the x.55 patch usually though I could be wrong. The same thing happened last tier. You also can't use the alliance raid coins to buy the weapon upgrade material until then as well.

Both the current tier and last tier (the moonward stuff) are currently 2000/3000 nuts on the vendor. That seems weird, which is why I was asking if I was forgetting the way they schedule that. The radiant stuff from the first tier has been discounted for a long time now.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Nov 1, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Thundarr posted:

I want her smirking face decal as a sticker or something like that. I imagine it's part of the Framer's Kit, but, a) I'm not going to be able to do Savage Aloalo, at least not any time soon, and b) I want it as a consumable glamour thing, like the fireworks and such.

Edit: Hell, she's (apparently, I've only had time for one route) a Nymian fairy, let her come with me on SCH!

Onean fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 1, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Onean posted:

I want her smirking face decal as a sticker or something like that. I imagine it's part of the Framer's Kit, but, a) I'm not going to be able to do Savage Aloalo, at least not any time soon, and b) I want it as a consumable glamour thing, like the fireworks and such.

From FFXIVCollect:

Tools for enhancing a portrait. Use to unlock embellishments fit for an explorer of Aloalo Island.
Includes Portrait Elements: Background, Frame, Accent
Includes Plate Elements: Pattern, Portrait Frame

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Thundarr posted:

This is an item that drops from her. Haven't played with it yet to see how it goes off, but there is a housing item. Was ~20k on excal yesterday.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Kheldarn posted:

From FFXIVCollect:

Tools for enhancing a portrait. Use to unlock embellishments fit for an explorer of Aloalo Island.
Includes Portrait Elements: Background, Frame, Accent
Includes Plate Elements: Pattern, Portrait Frame

Well, hmm. Boo that there's no Statice face, hooray that I don't have to worry about it?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rap Game Goku posted:

This is an item that drops from her. Haven't played with it yet to see how it goes off, but there is a housing item. Was ~20k on excal yesterday.

Well I guess now I'm gonna be farming for longer than it takes to just get the potsherd items and logbook entries.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Somehow overlooked this when I was doing the EW gathering tribe a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

had two costumes last night

first famous texas mascot and tax evader buc-ee if he was a moogle I guess. idk I had an idea and realized you can't dye the moogle outfit so this one's going on the trash

then quickly shifted to dracula flow