Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Slotducks posted:

textiles with the word "gently caress" printed on it too

this is a confusing trend. "tee hee it's a swear" yep sure is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
My sister in law tried to get into a Christmas craft fair like 5 years ago and it was all ali express resellers so she wrote a rant on facebook with photos showing the resale merch and a bunch of moms were pissed off.

Now shes banned from selling but they have to prove its mostly actual crafts.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the hero we need

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

ZShakespeare posted:

I'm a big fan of Okanagan Distillery's Whiskey

I just took delivery of a case of Okanagan wine and while unpacking it I got stung by a loving wasp who decided to hop a ride. Was mostly out of it from the long time refrigerated but not so much it couldn't stick a fucker. UGH not cool exoskeleton having fuckstick

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
When I get wine from the Okanagan it's either liquidity, moon curser or n'kmip.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
my favourite okanagan wine is Burrowing Owl. their Syrah in particular.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

wealth beyond measure, outlander

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

RealityWarCriminal posted:

my only regret is not buying a house and having it paid off 20 years ago

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

bunnyofdoom posted:

When I get wine from the Okanagan it's either liquidity, moon curser or n'kmip.

N'kmip doesn't deliver to Alberta. With you on Mooncurser though!

Yesterday it was from Forbidden Fruit in Similkameen so not Okanagan strictly. Their grape wine is excellent; sadly though the red grape harvest this year got wiped by weather so put in supplies early

We also like Kismet, Hester Creek, and Arrowleaf in Lake Country

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

ZShakespeare posted:

my favourite okanagan wine is Burrowing Owl. their Syrah in particular.

Its this + Silver Sage that have been the biggest hits among friends & family.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Big fan of Scout Vineyards, Rigour & Whimsy, and Roche right here.

Liquidity's chard is the only chardonnay I haven't hated in my life. And Blue Mountain's sparkling stuff is pretty fuckin' great.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m has issued a correction as of 15:49 on Nov 1, 2023

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I did wine tourism with my partner because we are very very gay and as it turns out the big famous wineries in West Kelowna that everybody goes to like Mission Hill and Quail's Gate are complete dogshit.

Naramata Bench and OK Falls ftw

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Big fan of Scout Vineyards, Rigour & Whimsy, and Roche right here.

Liquidity's chard is the only chardonnay I haven't hated in my life. And Blue Mountain's sparkling stuff is pretty fuckin' great.

Black Sage (Summerland) also has a drinkable chard (I am not a chard drinker and I like it)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

If I'm a big baby who's favorite wine is Yellow Tail's Moscato, any recommendations for Canada-made wines to try that are similar?

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I did wine tourism with my partner because we are very very gay and as it turns out the big famous wineries in Westbank that everybody goes to like Mission Hill and Quail's Gate are complete dogshit.

Naramata Bench and OK Falls ftw

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

Randalor posted:

If I'm a big baby who's favorite wine is Yellow Tail's Moscato, any recommendations for Canada-made wines to try that are similar?

I cant remember what it tastes like but my go to wines are burrowing owl for dry red and white and if I want a nice easy-drinking white that is sweet I go for Synchromesh.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1719762815957823520

lol

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

The NDP is a Liberal farm team

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
thought that dude was dying. guess he got better

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Did he though?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it kicks rear end that the rae days guy is now the ambassador to the un and spends his days being unsure on war crimes. there is life after provincial politics

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

it kicks rear end that the rae days guy is now the ambassador to the un and spends his days being unsure on war crimes. there is life after provincial politics

there shouldn't be, all former provincial politicians should be sealed in a soundproof dome and spend their remaining days quietly pondering their many failures

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Who the hell is JJ? Is he going to make a lovely star wars movie?

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

having money leads to better health outcomes

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

corgiwizard posted:

having money leads to better health outcomes

and for the rest of us, there's MAID!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Hubbert posted:

and for the rest of us, there's MAID!

it's just fiscally responsible

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Randalor posted:

for price point it would likely be Mission Hill 5 Vineyards line, or the Ganton and Larson Prospect Winery series.

The closest production model to Yellow Tail would be something like Jackson Triggs but don't drink Jackson Triggs. Not to be a snob, most wine is fine (even poo poo like Barefoot is drinkable, if an instant hangover), but you can do better without the pucker factor for not much more cash

corgiwizard
Oct 27, 2020

Anyone can get a good bottle of wine for $40. Finding a good bottle of wine for under $20, thats the game.

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

most wineries will give you discount over the bc liquor price if you buy direct and by the case.

saints gambit
Apr 8, 2004
a donut with no holes is a danish
I've taken on a little wine expertise by proxy teaching in the wine lab at George Brown. Pretty much recommend Malivoire from the Niagara Region.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

https://twitter.com/JustinTrudeau/status/1719829497480987102?t=tyCqlf0xVvdJnwbmuK6ZXQ&s=19

What if there was a way to means test to determine the value of a Palestinian child's life

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

corgiwizard posted:

Anyone can get a good bottle of wine for $40. Finding a good bottle of wine for under $20, thats the game.

we've been through a lot and settled on La Vieille Ferme. smooth and pleasant enough. $14-16

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I love a lot of Canadian wines, but the one I buy the most of is Colio's dry white.

It goes on sale at Metro of 4 boxes for $100. So about $5 a bottle and its serviceable wine, and it lasts about 2 months. In the summer it makes a decent white wine sangria

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
motherfuck had more tears for Chandler than all the Palestinians

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

corgiwizard posted:

Anyone can get a good bottle of wine for $40. Finding a good bottle of wine for under $20, that’s the game.

Red gatorade with vodka in it

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

bunnyofdoom posted:

I love a lot of Canadian wines, but the one I buy the most of is Colio's dry white.

It goes on sale at Metro of 4 boxes for $100. So about $5 a bottle and its serviceable wine, and it lasts about 2 months. In the summer it makes a decent white wine sangria

Coolios been spending his life in a vintners paradise?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
I'm smoking ditch weed I stole from my neighbour's backyard while you clowns are talking $40 wines smh.

Verdict = Guillotine for all bougie posters

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
I'm just kiddin actually I smoke incredibly overpriced artisanal dope from my local Value Buds and am slated for guillotine immediately after the rest of you

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
Is there a secret type of weed that cures depression but doesn't destroy your motivation the next day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

Karach posted:

Is there a secret type of weed that cures depression but doesn't destroy your motivation the next day?

That's my secret, captain; I've never been motivated :hehe: