Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Al! posted:

state department??? no i call it the Maxwell House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

Whilst the IDF has stated in its latest strategy document that it is committed to land manoeuvre,35 IDF Chief of Staff, General Aviv Kochavi (2019 – 2023) is a strong advocate of option B. This is clearly expressed in Kochavi’s five-year force development plan ‘Momentum’ (Tnufa) which aspires to create a networked military with an emphasis on rapid multiple target detection and allocation of sensors to munitions. Kochavi’s most notable manifestation of his concept is the experimental unit dubbed ‘the Ghost Unit’, which combines special operations forces and elite infantry with enhanced cyber and drone capabilities in addition to soldiers from the air force and field intelligence. These forces are trained to infiltrate enemy territory to locate targets, communicate their precise location to a long-range weapon-launcher firing precise munitions to destroy them.36 It remains to be seen if the next IDF Chief of Staff will continue Kochavi’s direction or will opt for one of the other two options presented above.

iirc the ghost unit get decapitated by hamas on october 7th

lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Atrocious Joe posted:

Belgian trade unions refuse to load Israeli weapon shipments
https://twitter.com/peter_mertens/status/1719312314548007226

more of this plz

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
We will see about Hezbollah, but honestly, I really don’t think this thing has really turned in either direction For all the fire that the IDF has thrown at Gaza and the civilians that died, they really haven’t shown verifiable results. The fact they can only claim fields after weeks of bombing and several days of assaults is telling.

Honestly, I think everyone is jockeying behind the scenes at this point to gain an edge and no one wants to stick their neck out but at the same time I don’t think any of the players in the region actually want the Israelis to win.

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

stu pid FUCK asshole shit gizzard
gently caress israel

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Danann posted:

iirc the ghost unit get decapitated by hamas on october 7th

lmao

womp womp

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...se-bravery.html

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

Buddykins posted:

gently caress israel

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think I checked three times if this was the onion

aren’t afrikaners wildly antisemitic? I guess shits changing fast

I mean they worked together to build nukes back in the 80s. For some reason the Afrikaners decided to get rid of their nuclear program in the 90s and rumor has it they gave all their materials to Israel.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Another thing is that the Israelis have frozen their dead at just above 300 practically only a couple days after the war started. During the first days of the war, laundry lists of officers were being killed and squads wiped and then nearly complete silence.

Did they suddenly stop taking causalities or did they take a page from big Z?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ardennes posted:

We will see about Hezbollah, but honestly, I really don’t think this thing has really turned in either direction For all the fire that the IDF has thrown at Gaza and the civilians that died, they really haven’t shown verifiable results. The fact they can only claim fields after weeks of bombing and several days of assaults is telling.

Honestly, I think everyone is jockeying behind the scenes at this point to gain an edge and no one wants to stick their neck out but at the same time I don’t think any of the players in the region actually want the Israelis to win.

everyone furiously looking for the off ramp that turns out to have been past years ago

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
was this Marvel tease shared here yet?
https://x.com/aljarasmagazine/status/1719460613569515593?s=61
Edit:
https://x.com/aljarasmagazine/status/1719486700504637858?s=61

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Ardennes posted:

youre fooling yourself if you think arab governments dont want israel to win.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/Riaz74822752/status/1719480327708573821

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

thats the stuff

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

can someone tell this useless fat gently caress to shut up and knock out ben gurion airport already i would rather he not do a speech at all

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Ardennes posted:

Another thing is that the Israelis have frozen their dead at just above 300 practically only a couple days after the war started. During the first days of the war, laundry lists of officers were being killed and squads wiped and then nearly complete silence.

Did they suddenly stop taking causalities or did they take a page from big Z?

I think their initial idea was to play up the tragedy of the deaths of their soldier heroes and make martyrs of them, and they quickly stopped reporting them when it became clear just how many losses they’d suffered and how bad it made them look

Morbus
May 18, 2004

nasrallah preparing the ultimate shitpost

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1719568964072706088

good shoot

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

owned lol

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Al-Saqr posted:

youre fooling yourself if you think arab governments dont want israel to win.

Jordan and the UAE perhaps, they are totally dependent on the Us but the Saudis have been sliding out of the Us orbit for a while and if Egypt wanted the Israelis to act they could have taken a bunch of measures to assist them. They aren’t heroes but this is far more of a mess than a opportunity. Syria is held back by the Russians and still being in a Civil War.

The Egyptians could make sure any communication lockdown stays permanent and they could have blown the tunnels.

——

Yeah they were initially trying to go mingle civilian and military deaths as well, and their alternative strategy is constantly finding new horrible things that Hamas did 3 weeks later. If Hamas can keep its tunnels in operation and its supply lines going then I think this thing is really up in the air still.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:26 on Nov 1, 2023

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

turning a tank into a air fryer with one weird trick

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ardennes posted:

Lebanese forces are also a shadow of what the Maronite militias were during the civil war, they wouldn’t last very long versus Hezbollah.

You guys seem to be on the verge of calling this war over.

I'm sorry, have you not met al saqr?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

wow israeli casualties mustve been catastrophic yesterday, which explains some of the unverifiable things ive been seeing on twitter about really high IDF casualties

BUUNNI
Jun 23, 2023

by Pragmatica

:blessed:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

really queer Christmas posted:

no. in this situation i am 100% certain palestine will win. israel will be destroyed.

i am in no way guessing how this war is decided. its already been decided. Israel will die and Palestine will live.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Al-Saqr posted:

no. in this situation i am 100% certain palestine will win. israel will be destroyed.

Good. Harden your heart.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

really queer Christmas posted:

I was talking more to the gallery. It is going to get tough when there are memes with Netanyahu with a champagne flute though.

That said, the trailers are goofy and usually don’t want everything to hinge on an arbitrary deadline unless you are just going to post another statement.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 05:33 on Nov 1, 2023

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
when people engage your units in combat while you're invading their land, they are terrorists. not sure what else you could call them.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Al-Saqr posted:

i am in no way guessing how this war is decided. its already been decided. Israel will die and Palestine will live.

Inshallah 🙌

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

can someone tell this useless fat gently caress to shut up and knock out ben gurion airport already i would rather he not do a speech at all

I get the feeling an ultimatum of some sort was delivered in advance. as you say though, we'll all just get to see what happens

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Inshallah 🙌

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

I understand Hezbollah hesitating - two US carrier groups on top of Israel's standing anti-Hezbollah force is a lot of firepower just waiting for an excuse to happen to local civilians terrorists by proximity.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Complications posted:

I understand Hezbollah hesitating - two US carrier groups on top of Israel's standing anti-Hezbollah force is a lot of firepower just waiting for an excuse to happen to local civilians terrorists by proximity.

ive decided that US red lines are meaningless and that russia should sink the carriers with hypersonics

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Honky Mao posted:

The west drools when they read the words "refugee camp bombed"

It's what euros are referring to when they say "clear my browsing history when I die"

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

more of this plz

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I wonder how many of those ATGM teams are able to retreat back into the tunnels, or if they're getting taken out each time they shoot

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

جلب الشريعة إلى القدس الآن

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
On one hand you got carriers and air strikes, and on the other hand it Hamas and the Palestinians go under, then who is next? You can’t reason with Israel and the US and ultimately it is better to fight now when the Israelis are heavily distracted then wait for Israeli and the US to finally get their poo poo together.

Neoliberal aside neither one is helpless especially if they can bring their weaponry fully to bear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I wonder how many of those ATGM teams are able to retreat back into the tunnels, or if they're getting taken out each time they shoot

Considering that Israel is completely stupid in regards to military doctrine - aka sending the tanks in there as a sort of punching bag without infantry support, I'd say their chances are not half bad