Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Endorph posted:

you, the viewer, are the dog at the wall of monitors

If the devs aren't cowards this has to be the last shot of the show before credits roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
Perfect party mix from the makers of Dead Space!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaD6fGERX0A

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
i tried the silent hill thing and it kept crashing on me so whatever!!

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

If I donate enough Hillbux will Pyramid Head take their top off or do I have to subscribe to their channel for that?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Bussamove posted:

If I donate enough Hillbux will Pyramid Head take their top off or do I have to subscribe to their channel for that?

Get your Hope-meter filled high enough and you can unlock the space ranger outfit for the actors early

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Does that get me closer to those sweet Pyramiddies?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I know I'm a dumbass but holy poo poo does Konami just have no loving clue?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Diabetic posted:

No, they really don't. This isn't a new thing with how the western SH games were handled either really, I just don't think anyone except Team Silent knew what to do with the series. I think ShatMemz is interesting but overall would have been fine with SH just ending at 4 if we're not getting PT or Silent Hills.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Bussamove posted:

Does that get me closer to those sweet Pyramiddies?

DBD mods will help you in your goal

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
This certainly restores all of Silent Hill.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Diabetic posted:

they just give the series to any western studio who can shoot enough buzzwords at them. and this is the most Buzzword thing of all.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Silent Trill

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Don't be fooled, Konami is long dead

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Long live Konami

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Meowywitch posted:

Don't be fooled, Konami is long dead

When did it happen?

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

gonna cross-post the little blurb I wrote on the gamechat thread, in case anyone else is looking for a little spooky something tonight

Ramie posted:

I'm a huge fan of the Anthology of The Killer series of comedy-horror games, from the dev of Space Funeral. They are 20-40 minutes long, and free
https://thecatamites.itch.io/anthology-of-the-killer

Really not what I would call "scary", but they are moody, funny, and pretty breezy. walking simulators, really.

I'm gonna sit down with a couple people and marathon them tonight (again), as it's a pretty fun and low-impact option for doing spooky stuff with people that don't really wanna go all-in on horror.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

They're cool as hell imo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

space funeral ruled so I will look at this

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ramie posted:

gonna cross-post the little blurb I wrote on the gamechat thread, in case anyone else is looking for a little spooky something tonight

of the killer is ftw. excited for the last one

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Lmao at this exclusive chat emoji you can get if you pre-order. Silent Hill is back.

Echoing the need for a high resolution pic of this hahaha

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

i actually tried for some reason and kept getting "PERFECT" followed by the prompt turning red and losing points, so it's either rigged or horrifically broken

also I'm pretty sure the cameo system means they can't pre-render any of the cutscenes, because there was a lot of clipping and people blatantly keeping their hands away from things

all in all an excellent start to new silent hill!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Oh man, is it just a series of Heavy Rain QTE failures?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

Ramie posted:

The ‘of the killer’ games are smart and funny as gently caress, and the perfect bite size length. Strongly seconding.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

https://twitter.com/Ecdycis/status/1719505376985633213

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Holy loving poo poo :lmao:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Here. Comes. Cuts!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
every so often you just need a game that completely sucks rear end

this year has delivered such a bounty

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Here. Comes. Cuts!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Oxxidation posted:

every so often you just need a game that completely sucks rear end

this year has delivered such a bounty

There's some game site that recently posted an article about how 2023 is such a good year for quality video games, and now

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Multiple The Quiet Mans in the same year. What a time to be forced to live through.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Played Fear & Hunger for the first time today, after logging tons of time in the sequel I figured Spooky Day was a good a time as any to check the first game out. I definitely like Termina more on a gameplay level, but the atmosphere of the first game is pretty killer. Big fan of the sound design and greater usage of creepy sound effects. Paired with the darker aesthetics, I felt a lot more paranoia just exploring in general as opposed to in Termina where my paranoia usually just extended to fighting new enemies that I have no idea what they can do. Pretty close to getting Ending A, I should be able to close out this first playthrough soon enough.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

holy loving poo poo

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Horror Games Megathread: It’s Trauma!

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
With every screenshot I see, I don't find myself wanting to go take a look. I find myself wondering what this project was called or pitched as before they obviously decided to pursue the SH license and shoehorn it into whatever parameters Konami actually demands of an SH product.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
I watched a stream of it (on my phone, so sorry for the quality) during my lunch break and it turns out the chat doesn't just scroll by on the side, promoted messages pop up in the middle of the stream superchat-style, so this is happening during all the tense scenes:

idontpost69
Jun 26, 2023
I'm still just in awe of them going with the title 'Townfall', literally the most hack naming convention possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/Cyasashiku/status/1719513322788421862?t=GM7pwH5CC22Xa_DiRJP63w&s=19