Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Our long national nightmare is finally over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Black Sunshine posted:

Our long national nightmare is finally over

I am happy.

Who are the hot coaches for next year? Also, please start AOC the rest of the year so we can tell if we need to move up for a QB or not (we do).

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Give me Ben Johnson from Detroit and I'll be happy

Yeah, start AOC all year no matter what. If he's slightly promising and wins a few games, we've identified someone we can work with for the future. If he's dogshit then we might have a chance at getting one of those fancy blue chip QBs if we get lucky.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
McDaniels with the Raiders finishes 5-0 against the Patriots and Broncos, and 4-16 against everyone else.

Overall, his record ends up as a 6-0 start and a 14-33 finish, with 2 ok quarterbacks and 2 star receivers alienated in the process. Congrats Raider fans.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
This is where I admit that my "McDaniels is probably a fine coach, he just shouldn't also have GM powers" take from a few years ago was wildly off-base.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's for the best to forget mcdaniels when mcdaniel is going to be a big deal for the next 5-15 years

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MrLogan posted:

I am happy.

Who are the hot coaches for next year? Also, please start AOC the rest of the year so we can tell if we need to move up for a QB or not (we do).

Brian Ferentz

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I do not think the Raiders should start Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at quarterback.

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Shanahan post-Elway: 7 above-.500 seasons, 4 playoff appearances, 1 playoff win, pretty good coaching tree
Belichick post-Brady: 1 above-.500 season, 1 playoff appearance, 0 playoff wins, dogshit coaching tree

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I do not think the Raiders should start Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez at quarterback.

She can probably throw further downfield than Jimmy at this point.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Seems like a healthy organization.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1719691179476783176?s=20

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Well holy poo poo, guess I gotta do an update this week

What's interesting is they also got rid of the GM, doing a total housecleaning this early in the season. Maybe Mark has his eye on a guy, maybe he's dumb and impulsive. Could be both!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
McDaniels & the GM deserved it for bringing in one of the most injury prone starting QBs in the league and then signing 40 year old Brian Hoyer to a ridiculous contract to back him up. Then being surprised Jimmy got hurt & Hoyer is bad.

Also on the Jets, the reason the locker room hasn't revolted this year is because they dumped Mike White who was likable and was better then Wilson for Tim Boyle who is just there because he is Aaron's buddy.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Nov 1, 2023

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Benne posted:

What's interesting is they also got rid of the GM, doing a total housecleaning this early in the season. Maybe Mark has his eye on a guy, maybe he's dumb and impulsive. Could be both!

Gonna hire the guy who writes PF Chang's fortune cookies to be his next GM

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

syzpid posted:

Also on the Jets, the reason the locker room has revolted this year is because they dumped Mike White who was likable and was better then Wilson for Tim Boyle who is just there because he is Aaron's buddy.

The locker room hasn't revolted this year, what on earth are you talking about?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

syzpid posted:

Also on the Jets, the reason the locker room has revolted this year is because they dumped Mike White who was likable and was better then Wilson for Tim Boyle who is just there because he is Aaron's buddy.
There's been a locker room revolt? lol

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Professor Funk posted:

The locker room hasn't revolted this year, what on earth are you talking about?

Diva Cupcake posted:

There's been a locker room revolt? lol

Typo, I meant Hasn't, but someone at worked bothered me while I was typing. Fixed it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The revolt was last year, the question was why they've been calm this year

My assumption is everyone's resigned to their fate, and at least half are trying to make it work hoping/knowing Zach's done no matter what in '24. The rest are playing either for an extension or to impress another team for their next job ideally away from Zach

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Benne posted:

I got the vibe that Ziegler was pretty unqualified for the role of GM, and Mark's favorite thing about Ziegler was that he could bring McDaniels, since they were college buddies. The power dynamic was really slanted towards McDaniels. Ostensibly Ziegler is an independent GM, but in practice I'm sure he leaned on McDaniels a lot. With McDaniels out, there's no reason to keep him.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Cognac McCarthy posted:

This was my first thought as well. However, maybe it'd give her some more push for a 2028 Presidential run.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

My assumption is everyone's resigned to their fate, and at least half are trying to make it work hoping/knowing Zach's done no matter what in '24. The rest are playing either for an extension or to impress another team for their next job ideally away from Zach

This makes no sense. They are 4-3 with a pretty soft schedule the rest of the way and one of the best defenses in football. They're playing to compete for a playoff spot.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol McDaniels should never have been hired both because he was bad and how he handled the Colts hiring

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Posting this one final time. RIP in piss Josh

https://www.twitter.com/david_j_roth/status/1579669792105324544?s=20

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

McDaniels has had two coaching stints. Denver - 4 years (fired after 2), Las Vegas - 6 years (fired after 2). He's been paid to be fired more than actual years/games coached. Great gig if you can get it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Robert Saleh and John McDaniels basically have the same winning %.

Chris James 2 posted:

The revolt was last year, the question was why they've been calm this year

100% false. They both think they are safe no matter what happens this year and they likely are.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Nervous posted:

This was my first thought as well. However, maybe it'd give her some more push for a 2028 Presidential run.

"I came in and SAVED the Raiders' season. If I could do that for them, imagine what I could do for our country!" *applause*

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Should also note that the only people who "revolted" last year were Denzel Mims, who I think is rotting on the Steelers practice squad at the moment, and Elijah Moore, who's stats with the Browns this year are actually worse than with the Zach Wilson Jets.

No one of consequence or impact.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I want this to be true

https://twitter.com/MrRyanCox/status/1719704030203531463

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Should also note that the only people who "revolted" last year were Denzel Mims, who I think is rotting on the Steelers practice squad at the moment, and Elijah Moore, who's stats with the Browns this year are actually worse than with the Zach Wilson Jets.

No one of consequence or impact.

TBF I think a ton of players were very pissed off at Zach and MLF (more Zach given his post-game comments) after those two Pats games, even if they weren't openly revolting like Moore. That was the problem more than just a JAG yelling about not getting the ball enough.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Nov 1, 2023

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Harlock posted:

McDaniels has had two coaching stints. Denver - 4 years (fired after 2), Las Vegas - 6 years (fired after 2). He's been paid to be fired more than actual years/games coached. Great gig if you can get it.

Technically three stints, but since he resigned from the Colts I don't think he got paid for that one. Also, I think the Broncos might have fired him for cause, so they might not have paid out his contract.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Simplex posted:

Technically three stints, but since he resigned from the Colts I don't think he got paid for that one. Also, I think the Broncos might have fired him for cause, so they might not have paid out his contract.

He was never officially hired by the Colts, it was a verbal agreement before he signed on the dotted line

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Colts also got the last laugh when Jeff Saturday beat him after being hired right off the street with zero professional coaching experience

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

McDaniels being sacked this early honestly feels kinda anticlimactic.

It is funny it happened on Halloween.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1719717491272769729?t=0T19rpW3rSzfqEmiDSLJcg&s=19

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Everyone joking around for years about Jerry being the GM to take coaching matters into his own hands.

Here comes Mark Davis out of sheer necessity.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://x.com/rapsheet/status/1719727997224116680?s=46

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Always knew he was destined for greatness.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

At least Michael Lombardi doesn't have to not poo poo on the raiders on his podcast anymore.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/CourtneyRCronin/status/1719711377818849753

So uhhhhhh what's going on in Chicago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

You may want to wait a week for your update I don't think Eberflus is long for this world.