Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

I’m sipping my tea and wondering how that 20 year age gap happened. Like how the gently caress did they meet?

Oh there's tons of websites out there for young women to pick up older guys/find sugar daddies

A 20 year age gap is wild as gently caress though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

orange juche posted:

Oh there's tons of websites out there for young women to pick up older guys/find sugar daddies

A 20 year age gap is wild as gently caress though.

Yeah but it doesn’t sound like a seeking arrangements deal. It sound suspiciously like grooming or cherry picked just out of high school.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Crab Dad posted:

I got a high school friend who married a girl almost 20 years younger than him and she joined the coast guard and he went back to JC….

Haven’t talked to him in over a year. I honestly don’t know what to say.

"congratulations"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Wingnut Ninja posted:

The PAO should definitely be able to point you in the right direction; you'll probably want either the facilities office (NAVFAC) or the base safety office.

Specifically the Public Works Department (PWD).

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TheWeedNumber posted:

Yeah but it doesn’t sound like a seeking arrangements deal. It sound suspiciously like grooming or cherry picked just out of high school.

I think they met working together in a grocery store. Honestly that’s about all I know about the relationship. It’s certainly not a sugar daddy setup.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Elviscat posted:

Unrelated, but holy poo poo I wish I had joined the Coast Guard, that's what I wanted to do, sail around with the wind in my hair, not be stuck inside a dingy fart tube for months on end.

Dude, honestly now is the time. Max age early 40s massive bonuses. Same pay better quality of life.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

The Coast Guard didn't establish the IS rate until after I'd joined the Navy but man that would've been a better life

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

TheWeedNumber posted:

At training for my current job, there was a younger woman who always talked about her bf. She was mid-20s, really smart. Dude seemed nice from how she described him. Whatever. One day, he swung by while we were out for lunch. Guy was in his late 40s. Everyone just started staring at each other when she introduced him.

After he leaves, “So how’d you guys meet?”
“Oh! He’s my dad’s best friend. He’s a great guy!”
:stare: :stare: :stare:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Oct 22, 2023

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I don't think I'm getting back in ANY branch with my current disability rating, and I kinda love my current job, but I did attend and have fun at this year's Coast Guard Days in Grand Haven.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

AlternateNu posted:

At training for my current job, there was a younger woman who always talked about her bf. She was mid-20s, really smart. Dude seemed nice from how she described him. Whatever. One day, he swung by while we were out for lunch. Guy was in his late 40s. Everyone just started staring at each other when she introduced him.

After he leaves, “So how’d you guys meet?”
“Oh! He’s my dad’s best friend. He’s a great guy!”
:stare: :stare: :stare:

Yikes

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
In the current anti-social anti-community environment of the US I don't begrudge anyone their happiness, especially if its someone you met through normal life rather than online dating.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I really could care less what someone in their 20s does. Whatever makes them happy I guess.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

I really could care less what someone in their 20s does. Whatever makes them happy I guess.

Cool I’m gonna nut in someone who is barely 21. Thank you for your blessing shipmate.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I'm gonna keep judging people in their 40s who date people in their early 20s, thanks.

It's not, like, criminal, but it's gross.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
sounds a lot cooler than my former troops who married their senior enlisted leaders. as long as everyone is a consenting adult who wasn't coerced or whatever that's a positive start i guess. dating a parent's best friend is loving weird as h*ck though. idk where I'm going with any of this but gently caress the navy gently caress you if you're still in

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Oct 22, 2023

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

maffew buildings posted:

sounds a lot cooler than my former troops who married their senior enlisted leaders. as long as everyone is a consenting adult who wasn't coerced or whatever that's a positive start i guess. dating a parent's best friend is loving weird as h*ck though. idk where I'm going with any of this but gently caress the navy gently caress you if you're still in

yes I will gently caress someone who still is in. Need that BAH

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
This is a horrifying interpretation of the term "gently caress you if you're still in".

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

*referring to uniforms* "These are my sex clothes, because when I wear them I know I'm about to get hosed"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TheWeedNumber posted:

Cool I’m gonna nut in someone who is barely 21. Thank you for your blessing shipmate.

Ok?

You are being kinda weird about an adult doing whatever they want.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

MarcusSA posted:

Ok?

You are being kinda weird about an adult doing whatever they want.

maffew buildings posted:

I rest my case.

SerthVarnee posted:

This is a horrifying interpretation of the term "gently caress you if you're still in".

Yes and for the record, that line of posting is exclusively shitposting. I only have eyes for Sanna Marin.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Elviscat posted:

*referring to uniforms* "These are my sex clothes, because when I wear them I know I'm about to get hosed"

These are my sex clothes, mother. I got them from Navy.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Welp, it looks like I already got verbals for 2025, Ops Admin on a San Diego carrier. :c00lbutt:

I still have no idea what I'm doing

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Fake it till you make it like everyone else

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Lol you think anyone knows what they’re doing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Jimmy4400nav posted:

Welp, it looks like I already got verbals for 2025, Ops Admin on a San Diego carrier. :c00lbutt:

I still have no idea what I'm doing

Oooh I’ll be down sooner or later to hook up your engineers internet.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Thanks for your help thread. After a couple of weeks of hounding every NAVFAC number the environmental people called me back! Goon success story

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Thanks for your help thread. After a couple of weeks of hounding every NAVFAC number the environmental people called me back! Goon success story

Watch it be a recruiter pretending so you meet him.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Laranzu posted:

Watch it be a recruiter pretending so you get Shanghai’d.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...dd5bc5f0e&ei=22

Forgot that it wouldn't put a preview up with the link. I'm so spoiled by the twitter posts.

CO of the Transition Service Center at Great Lakes got canned. How the gently caress do you take a cushy desk job like that and screw it so badly that oh wait, forgot what thread I was in. Keelhaul him.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Flyinglemur posted:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...dd5bc5f0e&ei=22

Forgot that it wouldn't put a preview up with the link. I'm so spoiled by the twitter posts.

CO of the Transition Service Center at Great Lakes got canned. How the gently caress do you take a cushy desk job like that and screw it so badly that oh wait, forgot what thread I was in. Keelhaul him.

look at that dude's picture, my :10bux: are on sexual assault or worse

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Apropos of nothing, it always makes my eyes twitch seeing the civilian journalist abbreviations for Navy ranks. Why DoD/DoN doesn't just send out a release telling them "this is how you shorten Navy ranks/rates...guess what?! It'll save you print space just putting LCDR there instead of Lt. Cmdr.!"

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

AlternateNu posted:

Apropos of nothing, it always makes my eyes twitch seeing the civilian journalist abbreviations for Navy ranks. Why DoD/DoN doesn't just send out a release telling them "this is how you shorten Navy ranks/rates...guess what?! It'll save you print space just putting LCDR there instead of Lt. Cmdr.!"

AP style guide

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

AlternateNu posted:

Nick Soapdish posted:

AP style guide

It is a lot easier for the uninitiated to read Lt. Cmdr. than LCDR

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Xakura posted:

It is a lot easier for the uninitiated to read Lt. Cmdr. than LCDR

LuCky DRiver

LiCkDickeR

LameCrapDrinkingReject

I'm sure someone more creative than me can think of a few mistaken alternatives but yeah I guess it isnt intuitive.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/ryankakiuchan/status/1720465098903535622?t=FvtV-_UHP-qKNjflmnPYvA&s=19

Always good to get that lazy C6F staff underway

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

? Do the sailors actually run that ship now?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/CENTCOM/status/1721271207260033230?t=g1EkVBpJDmaKepmCmQ3xxg&s=19

:yeshaha:

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

its just a SSGN lol chill

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Just 154 tomahawks, nothing to get excited about bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

And a DDS full of SEALs.