Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Killing Patches is vile who does that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I killed Patches on both characters... is his quest line good? Should I restart the level 20?

Gates a few emotes and a weapon drop I think. If you want everything definitely look it up, some of the steps you will never do naturally in a million years.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't want either of Godrick's weapons, should I just eat his soul for the runes?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah that's how it works. His axe and the art are fun.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I don't want either of Godrick's weapons, should I just eat his soul for the runes?

So you really want that guy's soul floating around in you?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Patches's quest is one of the worst sins of quest construction in this game. I'm not sure if at any point a clue is given to find him among the statues outside of Elmer's arena but the sequencing on that is convoluted and even if you happen to go there with the right timing against his quest, there's no guarantee you'll even notice him, and it's not a place you'll visit multiple times.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Groovelord Neato posted:

I missed him on one character, went back cause I reached Second Marika Church and Yura wasn't there. I was looking at a guide and realized I had to backtrack. Did the first part of his quest and entered the cave. Level 90 Greatsword build... he died in two hits and the dialogue never popped. But he dropped a bearing, a spear +7, and a leather armor set. I'm like sweet I love the spear on my other character let me switch over and grab that. This character he does do the dialogue, I pick up the emote, then the second, and I still want the weapons and armors so I kill him. Then I read he has a whole quest line and I'm like ah, gently caress. Even worse my dex is too low for the spear and leather armor sucks!

Either way it's not vile. He's happy to kill you, after ambushing you, and will unless you chunk him. Not a nice guy or anything. Also in the quest he gives you bad advice and sends you to Volcano Manor. Just didn't seem worth it, not many runes and poo poo equipment. Rather have the big candlestick.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Either way it's not vile. He's happy to kill you, after ambushing you, and will unless you chunk him. Not a nice guy or anything. Also in the quest he gives you bad advice and sends you to Volcano Manor. Just didn't seem worth it, not many runes and poo poo equipment. Rather have the big candlestick.

Imagine not understanding the series this bad

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I don't understand it even a little. I like the combat, the weapon and equipment designs, set pieces, the movesets and weapon arts, spells etc. So thats why i play. I can't follow the story at all and have never tried

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Souls fans gaslighting themselves into thinking Patches is their friend he's just a real wild guy who goes a little too far sometime. I think Perry understands the series the most of us all.

Now Blackguard Big Boggart, there's a true friend.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Doomykins posted:

I think Perry understands the series the most of us all.

I just vibe. I just hit A and keep moving. You want me to pledge myself to you? Sure, sounds good. I pledged myself to some haughty blond who never made good on my knighthood and a blue-skinned witch who gave me a bell. Helping out Seluvis who everyone hates but I don't know why. Nearly gave man with crown in roundtable the potion Seluvis gave me but I thought I should go further down Seluvis quest instead. Plus, I don't know that guy either. Seems like everyone is a huge weirdo and they all hate each other. Fine by me that means no decision I make can be incorrect

Edit: what's up with the two dragons who flew away mid battle?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

He can't reform if you don't give him a chance.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It's fine to kill Patches because he'll just be back in the next game anyway, the old scamp.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

He can't reform if you don't give him a chance.

This

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

quote:

Seluvis, who everyone hates for some reason

lol, lmao

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Patches is a disease. A pox on the Spilsborne franchise.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Patches is a disease. A pox on the Spilsborne franchise.

Are you a cleric or something?

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you
I hope someday either cut content or Fromsoft themselves (lol) reveal what Patches’ and Tanith’s quest was supposed to be before it got cut or the endgame changed in a way that made it no longer viable. It’s so painfully obvious that there was supposed to be more there.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

What his rear end do 😂

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

The most depraved, detestable sexual predator you've ever seen - I don't see the problem, why do people hate this guy
A playful scamp who take things a little too far with his japes sometimes- murder with extreme prejudice

Perry Mason Jar in running to an SA mod?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What his rear end do 😂

He has a dungeon

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Perry Mason Jar posted:

What his rear end do 😂

Bruh you're running roofies for a wizard rapist

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

No Dignity posted:

The most depraved, detestable sexual predator you've ever seen - I don't see the problem, why do people hate this guy
A playful scamp who take things a little too far with his japes sometimes- murder with extreme prejudice

Perry Mason Jar in running to an SA mod?

Seluvis didn't attack me! I'm just learning about the sexual predation now for the first time!

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Doomykins posted:

Need to get the Scorpion Charm. I mean, my build doesn't need it, but I do.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
thinking a lot about media literacy for no real reason

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Doomykins posted:

That's why you give them to Mr Eater. Roofies from a wizard rapist given to a bonking rapist.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Groovelord Neato posted:

It was an accident! I thought he’d go invulnerable or something when he hit the hp threshold and I just unloaded on him without thinking

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

exquisite tea posted:

It's fine to kill Patches because he'll just be back in the next game anyway, the old scamp.

Don't even have to wait that long, I'm sure the DLC will have some Patches. :dadjoke:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
Im ashamed to say Patches' +7 spear has ruined more than 1 Limgrave sunbro character for me.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

No Dignity posted:

So you really want that guy's soul floating around in you?
I'm looking at it in my inventory. Bit of salt, bit of lemon, fry it up with some noodles it'll be quite nice.

Also I just found Rogier after summoning 2 humans to kill Godrick, and he's like "Oh, that must have been nice, good for you, anyway have my sword, can't really use it any more, legs are all messed up. Ignore the ominous thorns sticking out of the blanket. Anyway, glad you had fun without me." :unsmith:

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Need to get the Scorpion Charm. I mean, my build doesn't need it, but I do.

This is Mohg levels of despicable

Vote Rykard, join the famile

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Patches is a bit like herpes.

Anytime you think you've got rid of him he just pops again in the next game.

Also like Herpes he's got a strong thematic connection to holes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I am super sad I blitzed Volcano Manor (I just kept going further and further until whoops the Noble is dead and oh whoops there goes Rykard.) and didn’t do any of the contracts and thus couldn’t finish Dialos nor Rya and that also means I didn’t get to do the full Jar Bairn quest. I mean I gave him Alexander’s innards but still.

I was able to still kill Old Knight Istvan after Rykard but that was it.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I just vibe. I just hit A and keep moving. You want me to pledge myself to you? Sure, sounds good. I pledged myself to some haughty blond who never made good on my knighthood and a blue-skinned witch who gave me a bell. Helping out Seluvis who everyone hates but I don't know why. Nearly gave man with crown in roundtable the potion Seluvis gave me but I thought I should go further down Seluvis quest instead. Plus, I don't know that guy either. Seems like everyone is a huge weirdo and they all hate each other. Fine by me that means no decision I make can be incorrect

You can still continue the quest even if you handed off the potion to Gideon (or foisted it off on the turd burglar) - Seluvis just assumes everything went to plan.

So you can still get the scorpion charm with a clear conscience.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I'm going to give the potion to the turd man

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
You get the magic scorpion charm even without having to give the magic roofies to the intended victim, just the ingredients to the wizard pervert.

BTW here's a funny little interaction: during Ranni's quest when you first join her service, she locks you inside the tower and you have to walk and talk with all of Ranni's scooby doo gang before you have to talk to her again. If you talk to Seluvis once, then walk away, he will literally chime up "hey you can find me in that other tower over there". For all his high handed talk he's a useless poo poo who needs other people to get things done.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Groovelord Neato posted:

He was pretending to be dead in the poison castle and I got suspicious I figured I'd gotten all I could from him anyway. Roughly 12 hours after I killed him they patched in more content for him, so I've been punished for my foul tarnished actions

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way
I'ven't in a single run given the potion to the turd man. The trigger to be able to do it in correct order is so convoluted.

Besides, I can fix him. I can fix everyone

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Goatson posted:

I'ven't in a single run given the potion to the turd man. The trigger to be able to do it in correct order is so convoluted.

Besides, I can fix him. I can fix everyone

I think it's pretty simple, get the potion and don't progress Ranni's quest until you get to lyndell. You just need to give him the potion before Ranni decides to fire Sevelus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Perry Mason Jar posted:

I'm going to give the potion to the turd man

Why not feed him tree nuts? He’s allergic to them you know.