Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Slo-Tek posted:

Also, if you want a cis-het flag, and don't like the one they've got, you can make your own. There is no rule against it. They can't stop you.

This is technically true but people would (correctly, IMO) look askance at someone waving cis pride or straight pride flag. I say this as a cis (but not het) person.

Flags for liberation movements: cool and good.
Flags for powerful, majority groups/systems: ehhh, why exactly do you want a flag?

Next someone will be asking for flags for capitalism or patriarchy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The Elon, the

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Every time I see one of these in motion, it looks like something the props department in a Z movie slapped together with a few bucks' worth of cardboard and spraypaint, and a go kart engine just powerful enough to roll it along.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

I mean... Blade Runner is a job title, so maybe he just made a grammatical mistakes and simply meant "What Bladerunners would have driven"? :lmao: regardless mind you, get dunked on.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Bip Roberts posted:

Please, Mr Runner is my dads name.

Whenever someone mentions Blade Runner, it's one of my favorite movies ever but ever since I was informed of it I instead first thing of the shortlived wrestling tag team the Blade Runners (Both of whom became much more famous when they were no longer a sort of vaguely Roy Batty-esque tag team lol)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9nteYQv5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Pzkc8ia-TE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6um_WncMo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNmyUpx-pdg

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 1, 2023

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Well I figured out why they are making such a big deal about it being shot by arrows cause holy poo poo that is pretty pathetic

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

oh yeah how many trucks have you designed

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Captain Hygiene posted:

Every time I see one of these in motion, it looks like something the props department in a Z movie slapped together with a few bucks' worth of cardboard and spraypaint, and a go kart engine just powerful enough to roll it along.

Look, when we light it real good at night, and then speed up the footage it will look real great just fantastic, trust me okay!

We don't have the budget for lights? poo poo, no actually, that's even better, so hear me out, we still film it at night...

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

gently caress me

Y'know confident truck manufacturers would show their cars flying over hills like these and crashing through dunes, you know, real grrr manly car stuff

This is like watching a pensioner push a shopping cart up a slight incline

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ben shapino posted:

oh yeah how many trucks have you designed

As many as elon, one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like how the cyber truck is gingerly plodding forward while the jeep from the 1940s is just tearing rear end in the background

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Halisnacks posted:

This is technically true but people would (correctly, IMO) look askance at someone waving cis pride or straight pride flag. I say this as a cis (but not het) person.

Flags for liberation movements: cool and good.
Flags for powerful, majority groups/systems: ehhh, why exactly do you want a flag?

Next someone will be asking for flags for capitalism or patriarchy.

There's no need for a new one, the Union Jack exists already.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Songbearer posted:

gently caress me

Y'know confident truck manufacturers would show their cars flying over hills like these and crashing through dunes, you know, real grrr manly car stuff

Hmm something like this?

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Hey guys, I can’t wait for the new movie/video game crossover to come out. It will star John B. Laderunner teaming up with the space marine Metroid to find Zeldas sword.

Please make sure to talk about it on X, the everything app.

I am very smart.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The cybertruck is clearly more like something robocop would drive than bladerunner.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Bip Roberts posted:

Please, Mr Runner is my dads name.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

"There was no manufacturing error, it was working as intended when it killed those people" seems like a bad thing, but I guess that's why I'm not on the jury

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Songbearer posted:

gently caress me

My old Subaru station wagon could handle that better.

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

gently caress me

The Jeep just effortlessly flying up that hill in the background of the third video while the Cybertruck Austin Powers itself is absolute perfection.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

badass

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This is the truck that Iron man would have created with 5 years of development

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

So, are they just being really soft on these things or do the drivers just feel unsafe I wonder. There should be tons of low-end torque on a vehicle like that but they drive them like they have no power.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Is the sound I hear its tires somehow squealing on something?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Songbearer posted:

gently caress me

The old beater truck trivially navigating a huge incline in the same road in the video's background while the Cybertruck struggles over a small bump in the foreground is just :kiss:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tarkus posted:

So, are they just being really soft on these things or do the drivers just feel unsafe I wonder. There should be tons of low-end torque on a vehicle like that but they drive them like they have no power.

Maybe they plan on actually selling all these models so they're going easy on them?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

gently caress me what a smug heartless prick

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tarkus posted:

So, are they just being really soft on these things or do the drivers just feel unsafe I wonder.

Elon makes the test drivers he hires sign a "you break it you bought it" contract obviously.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Tarkus posted:

The most charitable interpretation I could make is that they are worried about bottoming out the truck since thats where the battery packs are and bad things happen if they get punctured.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ryde posted:

The most charitable interpretation I could make is that they are worried about bottoming out the truck since thats where the battery packs are and bad things happen if they get punctured.

Why didn't they make the bottom from the same themanuclear explosion-proof panels?

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

mobby_6kl posted:

Why didn't they make the bottom from the same themanuclear explosion-proof panels?

woke mind virus.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

dr_rat posted:

Elon makes the test drivers he hires sign a "you break it you bought it" contract obviously.

Elon probably grabbed some coder from the bullpen who had a clean jeep instead of a professional off-road driver

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I've seen parking lots that are more treacherous

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

shyduck posted:

I've seen parking lots that are more treacherous

Yeah I could navigate that in my Camry.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Songbearer posted:

gently caress me

The bar is so incredibly low for these people.

It's SO low. It boggles my brain that the most "valuable" car company is putting this poo poo out and it still holds value.

It's always been a huge game emperor's new clothes and it drives me absolutely nuts.

.random
May 7, 2007

Professional driver on a closed course.
DO NOT ATTEMPT.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

ryde posted:

Exactly what you want in a good off roader :hmmyes:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I like the one video with the Korean War era Willys that's just blasting through while the Cybertruck has a nervous breakdown

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Captain Hygiene posted:

Exactly what you want in a good off roader :hmmyes:

Its basically at the top of my requirements list.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The guy on the right is The Icon, IT'S STIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

But who's the guy on the left? And why does the manager look like a Skyrim character creator Mick Foley?

E: wait what the gently caress, that's Jim "The Ultimate Warrior" Hellwig?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I would like to see how well it does if it runs over an IED