Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
That’s kind of lame. But good to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
If you unlock finisher and signature slots the CAW will still have them on a second playthrough even if they're not unlocked, but you can't change the move until you unlock it again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://x.com/DrainBamager/status/1713602476946128916?s=20

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

cant wait to play them in 2026

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I ain't mad at it

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Can’t wait to pit them against the wrestling goblin (AEW FF “Ricky Starks”)

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Would love to get more match types and option settings in a future update. Dumb as hell to have a 4-way ladder match in the Story mode but can't do it in exhibition. Would love to have more health for longer matches too.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Being able to play as Willow or Buddy isn't going to do much for me without something to do with them besides endless exhibition matches.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Being able to play as Willow or Buddy isn't going to do much for me without something to do with them besides endless exhibition matches.

This is where I am

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I *might* pay for Swerve but I'm not wild about the per-wrestler DLC model. If they want it to be a platform they can expand on (which apparently is still true according to reports out today), I'd say give out the wrestlers free but release major content updates as paid expansions, then maybe wacky aesthetics as an in-game store the way a lot of FPS games do it.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The lack of roster depth isn't even in my top 3 of problems with Fight Forever

The CAW system is still stupidly limited, online is now super dead, and even when it wasn't the net code was questionable (and of course, a lack of crossplay)

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 17, 2023

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

woah a huge patch for FF

https://thqnordic.com/article/patch-107-aew-fight-forever-has-been-published

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

drat maybe it’s not dead after all

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

drat maybe it’s not dead after all

https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1719727264047235262

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Kenny is green now! Everything is fixed!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

The Greener Kenny Omega

EDIT: all these fixes yet they didn't fix tables falling over if you look at them funny apparently

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Nov 1, 2023

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
I'm green with envy of games that have more match types so hopefully some of those are coming next season

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Is Willow in the game? That's what I have been waiting for

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

syzpid posted:

Is Willow in the game? That's what I have been waiting for
no just his regular hardy boyz gear unfortunately

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Now with Big Bill in AEW I'm looking forward to him being added and using Big Punch 1, Big Punch 2, Big Punch 3, Big Punch 4, and maybe even Big Punch 5.

I like actually playing the game, but lol at a Season 2. I paid less than the regular edition MSRP for the deluxe and I can't see spending another dollar on it without a major overhaul.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah it's all well and good that they're not completely abandoning this I guess, but they really should be imo. The game's dead and buried. Roster updates and bug fixes aren't going to bring people back and certainly won't sell people on it who didn't have it before. If they want to keep putting money into the franchise they should just focus on making a new game.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

jesus WEP posted:

no just his regular hardy boyz gear unfortunately

Okay I deserve that one. But at least it made me laugh.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I hope the DC pizza is patched to be even bigger

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

explosivo posted:

Yeah it's all well and good that they're not completely abandoning this I guess, but they really should be imo. The game's dead and buried. Roster updates and bug fixes aren't going to bring people back and certainly won't sell people on it who didn't have it before. If they want to keep putting money into the franchise they should just focus on making a new game.

Bigger games than Fight Forever have pushed out full stories and poo poo as DLC, so I'm at least optimistic about the *possibility* of them doing a similar thing to make the game more interesting to play long-term. Not sure that they'll go that far, but the game play was fun enough that I'd come back to it if I were invested in playing it more.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'll just wait for a sequel if it ever happens

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

You're thinking of Steve

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I mean, I already own the game so if they're going to add cool new stuff for it I'll play the game I've already paid for. It's simply mathematics.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ganso Bomb posted:

I mean, I already own the game so if they're going to add cool new stuff for it I'll play the game I've already paid for. It's simply mathematics.

You pay per season, so you’d have to pay again.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CopywrightMMXI posted:

You pay per season, so you’d have to pay again.

Oh, I don't play any games that have seasons. But I still stand by that if they give me a reason to play the game, I will play the game because the gameplay is still fun even if there isn't a lot to do in the game.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

the only game i play that has seasons is Deep Rock and they are all free.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I play swtor for seasons

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If your game isn’t a fuckin harvest moon clone it doesn’t need seasons

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It worked for that Zelda game

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ages was better

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The new patch finally loving unlocked Owen Hart for me, I had well over 100 matches before and no Owen

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

I hope the DC pizza is patched to be even bigger

They also need to patch it to eating it on a street corner since there is definitely nowhere you can sit down and eat a giant slice worthy of the name

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Is green Kenny a reference to something or are they just showing off you could now customise existing wrestlers?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Is green Kenny a reference to something or are they just showing off you could now customise existing wrestlers?

Green Kane

On The Internet
Jun 27, 2023

Long-Time Lurker posted:

Pretty sure just showing you can customize skin tone and apparel. Apparently you can get the shadow versions of wrestlers for CAW now, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
https://twitter.com/CanofSpriteMan/status/1719754283464147222