Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Kull the Conqueror posted:

My best friends' kid was born with a congenital heart defect. I will spare you the details but he has endured multiple open heart surgeries and thanks to 21st century advances in medicine he is a shy but happy child who makes my heart melt. He will be celebrating his third birthday this week.

So how about Children's Heart Foundation?

I'm sold!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I didn’t watch the game bc it was my kids bday but based off what I’ve read/seen no need to adjust the WR rankings. It’s rice and Watson as the two decent WRs and a whole bunch of loving scrubs. Skyy Moore is not an NFL player.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:allears:

Kull the Conqueror posted:

My best friends' kid was born with a congenital heart defect. I will spare you the details but he has endured multiple open heart surgeries and thanks to 21st century advances in medicine he is a shy but happy child who makes my heart melt. He will be celebrating his third birthday this week.

So how about Children's Heart Foundation?

Seconded.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Skyy Moore and George Pickens both had game defining passes hit their hands.

The results of both speak for themselves in regards to which guy we should have taken in the draft.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Skyy Moore and George Pickens both had game defining passes hit their hands.

The results of both speak for themselves in regards to which guy we should have taken in the draft.
I know this is the AFCW thread but the Pickens one was especially funny because he was talking poo poo about the Jags' D earlier in the week.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Skyy Moore and CEH are two of the worst skill players I have ever watched

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

capncthulhu posted:

Yeah KC had a bad day. Mahomes was sick or whatever. They didn't play well enough to win the game, It's that simple. I am a KC homer and even I know this is not working. We might be speed running the Patriots end game where we don't have enough good targets to be viable and our generational QB gets sick of it. I don';t honestly think that but that is a possibility.
The defense is good, for once. A young team has room to grow but there aren't enough veterans in the receiving room to teach them how it's done. Toney is probably a bust, Moore is not what we wanted. Rice is coming along nicely, I really like him. And the guy out on IR. I'm sure there are a few I am missing but it isn't good. We have the best TE in the game but after that a few dudes.
Hey sorry guys I'm drunk and talking smack. Feel free to destroy me in the comments as you wish.

I hate seeing KC turn into peak Brady-era Patriots, so I hope they lose some more.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Pron on VHS posted:

I had really high hopes for Moore too

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Skyy Moore has spent a season and a half running like 20-30 routes a game, and is completely locked down the entire time. It’s kinda funny, that amount of failed reps game after game.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Now the Chiefs will scorch the NFL the rest of the season and during the Superbowl speeches, they'll constantly reference how they were underdogs and nobody believed in them as I swear off ever watching football again for the 20th consecutive year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pron on VHS posted:

We did live through Jon Baldwin at one time so I wouldn't go quite this far. But yes there doesn't seem to be anything worth trying to make happen with Skyy as much as they are.

I'm trying to think of the worst Chiefs running back I've seen and there are some candidates, but I don't think any of them were even remotely highly drafted in the CEH range. That's just so disappointing after damned near all of us spent an offseason talking ourselves into 'maybe it's not the best pick but he should be fun.' Spoilers: he has not been fun.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Donnell Bennett comes to mind. Ugh.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.
Has anyone muffed more punts than Hardman? Do fans of all teams get nervous every single time a team punts to theirs?

I don’t know how you play football with the flu. I had it last year and it was the worst I’ve felt in years, I felt like I was going to die while vomiting. Mahomes had the worst of it the night before the game which means he was likely up all night puking and making GBS threads diarrhea. I couldn’t even do my desk job after that.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Some sort of amphetamine and Imodium

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
And now mahomes has to get on a plane and fly to Europe. Whole team gonna be sick

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

We are getting Mahomes his own plane.

With hookers.

And blackjack.

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Ort posted:

Has anyone muffed more punts than Hardman? Do fans of all teams get nervous every single time a team punts to theirs?

I don’t know how you play football with the flu. I had it last year and it was the worst I’ve felt in years, I felt like I was going to die while vomiting. Mahomes had the worst of it the night before the game which means he was likely up all night puking and making GBS threads diarrhea. I couldn’t even do my desk job after that.

Back in the day, fans of the GSOT Rams started biting their nails whenever Az-Zahir Hakim went to receive a punt. His muff was notoriously the nail in the coffin of the 2000 Rams season in the Wild Card game against the Saints, in which they rallied and nearly came back from like 20 down. There were offseason stories about him doing a bunch of ST training and ball security poo poo.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

a neat cape posted:

And now mahomes has to get on a plane and fly to Europe. Whole team gonna be sick

Nah, all they have to do is some high knees and they'll all be good

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Ort posted:

They had a dude that was doing great at returns and cut him for Hardman.

Still trying to understand that decision.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

where's MrLogan at

I got pulled away for a while during the game earlier and I need someone to catch me up on what the refs did to steal this victory

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

The refs forced Jimmy to play like an extremely washed up Pennington with a dash of Bledsoes legendary ability to take sacks like a champ.

Those bastards!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

The337th posted:

where's MrLogan at

I got pulled away for a while during the game earlier and I need someone to catch me up on what the refs did to steal this victory

This was just a straight loss. Jimmy G is bad. I don't think I've ever seen a QB who refuses to set his feet as much as Jimmy G does. Every time he's in the pocket he starts getting happy feet.

Hopefully we jettison both McDaniels and Jimmy G this off season. I can't believe we went from the best roster in the NFL in 2022 to this garbage.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

MrLogan posted:

Hopefully we jettison both McDaniels and Jimmy G this off season.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

do raiders fans miss having someone who can throw a deep ball

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Ostentatious posted:

do raiders fans miss having someone who can throw a deep ball

perhaps this prompt firing was the enraged corpse of Al Davis shambling out of its crypt as the clock struck midnight on Halloween and threatening his goofy kid that a passing performance like Monday night could never happen again

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Congrats to the thread when it wakes up

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Most Raiders fans seemed to think that McDaniels would last until Black Monday or something.

Watching the games, it's very difficult to see how. The team was very badly coached; even if Jimmy G got the ball to Meyers, half the time it felt like the play was coming back because of mistakes on the line that should have been ironed out in August.

Jimmy went from "I guess this guy is roughly as good as Carr, maybe" to "holy poo poo this guy might be the worst QB in the league, even with stiff competition for that title."

Then there is the whole "never throw it to the superstar receiver and bench Renfrow" game plan. This team is actually very talented, on paper... It never looked talented on offense.

I don't know how many overrated Bill Belichick disciples are left to test out in the league at this point.

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Name Change posted:

I don't know how many overrated Bill Belichick disciples are left to test out in the league at this point.

Brian Flores will get another shot and destroy another quarterback

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Let's keep this poo poo going and hope the Chargers hire McDaniels this off season!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Look, he's making progress. He managed to keep the QB he inherited on the team for almost a whole season this time. And he didn't get caught filming practices of an opponent that ended up winning the game in a blowout!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
GM couldn’t trade one of the best WRs for a first to save his job.

Edit: So is Adams going to be the most expensive security blanket for a Rookie QB ever? Or will they move him.

Calidus fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Nov 1, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Name Change posted:

Most Raiders fans seemed to think that McDaniels would last until Black Monday or something.

I wanted McDaniels gone the day he was hired, trash coach from a cancerous system that tanked the Broncos and then just cruised on over to the Raiders because Harry Dunne is a fuckin dipshit owner.

Shoulda kept Bisaccia as the HC for at least a year.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Calidus posted:

GM couldn’t trade one of the best WRs for a first to save his job.

Edit: So is Adams going to be the most expensive security blanket for a Rookie QB ever? Or will they move him.

His accelerated cap hit would've been too much to deal with this year. If we get a high pick QB then I hope he stays, otherwise just trade him to a contender in the off-season because wasting his talent should be a crime.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I think the wildest thing about the Raiders is they went from:

-Having an above average offense, absolutely terrible defense that could not hold a lead. Like seriously if the Raiders could hold a 20 point lead they would have been in the playoffs last year

-Worst offense next to the Giants and Steelers, terrible defense.

Oh not to mention getting rid of Davante's friend and alienating a ton of the players in favor of The Patriot Way.

The nosedive from last year to this year is incredible.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

If you exclude the Brady years from his resume he's basically Brian Schottenheimer. I have no idea why his name kept popping up over and over again and why two teams after his Broncos tenure thought it would be a good idea to hire him

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Simplex posted:

If you exclude the Brady years from his resume he's basically Brian Schottenheimer. I have no idea why his name kept popping up over and over again and why two teams after his Broncos tenure thought it would be a good idea to hire him

Mac Jones looked like an average QB under McDaniels which is probably his only notable accomplishment as an OC.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Congrats Raiders fans

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Also, Jerry Jeudy is definitely going to continue being a valuable and productive member of the Denver Broncos.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Aidan O'Connell sounds like a Riverdance cast member

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Cutting bait on the nucleus that the Raiders had coming off the playoff year to hire a bunch of Patriots trash never made any sense.