Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Apple Arcade exclusivity only explicitly means you can't release on Android, and makes no permanent provisions regarding not releasing on consoles. Many Apple Arcade titles eventually release on Switch since that's an easy-ish port for phone games. But of course that's never explicitly announced in advance, you just kinda have to take it on faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

More info:

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/11/3d-action-platformer-sonic-dream-team-announced-for-apple-arcade

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Might be an excuse to dig out the Backbone, something that I barely use after I learned that it is not built for phones that are in cases and I need to pry it out every time I want to use it :argh:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

Never-Before-Seen Dream Worlds – We’re not in Green Hill anymore!

lol

human of smells
Aug 25, 2023
apple arcade has lots of unique games. as for something else people in this thread might like, a unique chuchu rocket game.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

human of smells posted:

apple arcade has lots of unique games. as for something else people in this thread might like, a unique chuchu rocket game.

Not anymore, apparently it just got delisted.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kikas posted:

Not anymore, apparently it just got delisted.

lmao great platform, apple

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

I’m going to murder the final boss of Sonic Superstars in real life with an actual gun

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

I’m going to murder the final boss of Sonic Superstars in real life with an actual gun

Which one? They all suck

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also apparently the new game is being developed by Hardlight, the same studio that worked on most if not all of the mobile Sonic titles that weren’t console ports. Have they ever done a platformer before out of curiosity?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHXoaEUiy4

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/SonicOfficialJP/status/1720978514319638738

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

:toot:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

https://twitter.com/sonicstadium/status/1722303556726792426?s=20

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Since IDW is technically canon according to Frontiers I wish they’d put some of the comic exclusive characters in a proper game one day (Tangle in particular seems like she’d be a lot of fun to play as).

Also according to Frontiers, Sticks is apparently now canon to the main universe so I kind of want to see her again as well.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The next racing game or whatever they make with a large cast has the potential to go wild. Could also get Lanolin the sheep and maybe Belle if they want people to go "the gently caress is this now".

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Still have my hopes up that Surge will make it into a bigger game as an alt skin or something some day. Like Shadow in Sonic's levels for Forces.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

It's been a good couple of years for characters created by IDW for long running franchises. Just last year Transformers got an incredibly well-made toy of Tarn, the guy who reads like a Decepticon edgelord OC and that's the joke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Surge with no Kit? That's hosed up to do, especially to him.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Kit and Surge are also slated to return in the IDW comics, while Mimic's infiltrated the Resistance and is screwing with Silver and Whisper, so watching that explode's gonna be fun, especially if Surge and Kit foul up whatever revenge scheme Mimic's been cooking for the past many issues

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dracula Appraiser posted:

Still have my hopes up that Surge will make it into a bigger game as an alt skin or something some day. Like Shadow in Sonic's levels for Forces.

Maybe just as an actual character.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Maybe just as an actual character.

Here's the thing. There's already a ton of character bloat in the modern series. I don't want to be the one that gets blamed for wishing for more of it. I'm keeping things simple. Also I don't need them turning her into another Infinite.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's time for Sonic's RPG not made by Bioware.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
please sonic team please put infinite in the multiplayer games...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Instructions unclear, made Sonic Babies instead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cJCHArFJVw

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Here's the thing. There's already a ton of character bloat in the modern series. I don't want to be the one that gets blamed for wishing for more of it. I'm keeping things simple. Also I don't need them turning her into another Infinite.

I haven't kept up with anything past Sonic Riders so I'm not the key audience here but I would personally love for them to have an actual consistent world they exist in with some landmarks as well since every game they bounce to a new location and even if they're usually simple Saturday Morning Cartoon plots I feel like they're still more concerned with their stories compared to like, Mario or Crash Bandicoot at least.

I feel like I haven't actually made an actual point; They should put characters in the comics into the video games and have them interact in a generally consistent world. What is the point of having a large cast if you don't do anything with them? You run past Cream and & Vanilla's house and see Gemerl there playing with both of their Chao and Cream with no idea who that robot is or why they're not hostile. This would kill the brand because...?

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

I feel like I haven't actually made an actual point; They should put characters in the comics into the video games and have them interact in a generally consistent world. What is the point of having a large cast if you don't do anything with them? You run past Cream and & Vanilla's house and see Gemerl there playing with both of their Chao and Cream with no idea who that robot is or why they're not hostile. This would kill the brand because...?

I might be misunderstanding if this was directed at what I was saying or not. And I'm probably misunderstanding your post entirely. So I'm sorry in advance if I am.

With your example, yeah, Gemerl would just be a background thing for fans to point at. And that's fine. They can bring comic characters in too. I don't know how an alt skin concept is any different from something like that. :shrug:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Infinite is so cool

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I might be misunderstanding if this was directed at what I was saying or not. And I'm probably misunderstanding your post entirely. So I'm sorry in advance if I am.

With your example, yeah, Gemerl would just be a background thing for fans to point at. And that's fine. They can bring comic characters in too. I don't know how an alt skin concept is any different from something like that. :shrug:

I was more focused on the character bloat part of your post because I don't think it matters that much. Sonic's been around for 30 years, even excluding the Ken Penders Knuckles reskins, they've got like a hundred characters they could use, probably multiple hundreds depending on who could be put in a video game between the 8 different comic books and the movies. So a new character shows up in Sonic game, it's not like any other sequel reuses the exact same cast as the previous one down to the background extras/NPCs.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

New clip for the third and final part of Sonic Prime:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1723471197940396106

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Having not watched Sonic Prime the first 10 seconds of that is kind of a trip.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
tails' multiverse cyberpunk counterpart has some socialization issues

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Having not watched Sonic Prime the first 10 seconds of that is kind of a trip.

Prime is surprisingly good actually (and has probably my second favorite Sonic voice cast after the current games), you should check it out

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 12, 2023

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So what's the best way to play Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 in the closing days of TYOOL two-thousand-and-twenty-three? I want to replay them on my deck. I know the Steam releases and most modern releases are kind of busted, even the gamecube versions had some issues. Is it just the original Dreamcast ones or is there some kind of romhack for the DC games or a patch or something for the PC ones or w/e?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

you can mod 1DX to fix it up to how it 'should' be, there's a nice pack to do it all

similar things exist for 2PC but it's all seperate mods iirc

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I assume by that we mean the more recent PC releases and not the Gamecube DX? Or do you mean straight up the gamecube one? Sorry this game has had so many ports over the years that I can't recall the terminology for each!

Also similarly is there something that is to Sonic CD what Sonic AIR or Sonic 2 Absolute is to their respective games? Bonus points if there's a good guide for running it on a Steam Deck.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Also similarly is there something that is to Sonic CD what Sonic AIR or Sonic 2 Absolute is to their respective games? Bonus points if there's a good guide for running it on a Steam Deck.

Yes, the 2012 Steam/everything else port by Christian Whitehead that's usually like $3

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

For SA DX, get the Better SADX pack, it comes with the mod loader and a bunch of mods that you can use to turn it back into the Dreamcast experience or a fixed version of the DX experience.

For SA2, the only not as designed problem the game has that I'm aware of is some really frequent brief locking up, whoch does make the thing basically unplayable if it happens to you, but you can fix that in your graphics card settings. You should really get one of the mods that lets you rebind controls so that light dash and bounce attack aren't on the same button, though. I like having bounce attack and kick on B, spindash and light dash on X.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

don't get betterSADX. get this. https://sadxmodinstaller.unreliable.network/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yes sorry that's the one. Better SADX is one of the packages that includes IIRC.