Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I haven't played Elden Ring

Shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I am extremely not good at Souls games but I think everyone should try Elden Ring. It's up there with Breath of the Wild and MGS2 as "games I wish I could take a drug and forget them so I could play them again for the first time"

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Still, a wonderful surprise that came out of nowhere afaik

Even more impressive, it came out of the toilet. No one expected Lies of P to be any good

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The Souls franchise has this sad nostalgic depressing atmosphere that Lies of P didn't have, or it wasn't as heavy handed. I know they're good games, and they feel great, but they kinda bum me out. I dunno how I got as far as I did in DS3 (it was a gift so I suppose I had to play it)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
So are licensed fight sticks easy to come by on the Xbox?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Lammasu posted:

So are licensed fight sticks easy to come by on the Xbox?

There aren't a ton of options. I settled on a Hori Alpha and I'm happy with it, but I'm not like a pro.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

acksplode posted:

Even more impressive, it came out of the toilet. No one expected Lies of P to be any good

Tbh I haven't tried it yet and I'm still convinced everyone who talks about it being good is loving with me, because grimdark Pinocchio sounds like one of the stupidest premises for a game I can think of. I guess I should give it a try if you're serious.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Tbh I haven't tried it yet and I'm still convinced everyone who talks about it being good is loving with me, because grimdark Pinocchio sounds like one of the stupidest premises for a game I can think of. I guess I should give it a try if you're serious.

I mean to be honest a stupid premise doesn't mean a game is bad. Some of the best games out there have the stupidest sounding elevator pitches.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Yeah it's absolutely a stupid premise but it leans into it so sincerely that it won me over. And it helps that it just looks, plays, and runs very well. It doesn't stumble anywhere. If you can tolerate playing a Souls that wasn't made by From and you have game pass it's a no brainer.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Professor Beetus posted:

This is exactly what I thought when it was announced and every time I saw news about it pre-release, but it's shockingly good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Well poo poo I guess I'll give it a try. Lack of build variation sounds kinda lovely but if it's essentially bloodborne that runs better I think I'm in.

it is kinda funny because I was 110% on board when all I knew about it was that it was called Lies of P and that it was essentially bloodborne on Xbox. Then I saw what the P stood for and lmao'd

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
The pigeon rhythm game needs splitscreen/couch coop.

So does Fall Guys

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Professor Beetus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4FG0kCMBU

The wonders of Public Domain :sun:

What was it, like 3 movies based on Pinocchio this year?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Professor Beetus posted:

Well poo poo I guess I'll give it a try. Lack of build variation sounds kinda lovely but if it's essentially bloodborne that runs better I think I'm in.

it is kinda funny because I was 110% on board when all I knew about it was that it was called Lies of P and that it was essentially bloodborne on Xbox. Then I saw what the P stood for and lmao'd

It probably doesn't stand out to me much because there are so many goofy games based on public domain stories. There's a JRPG called Riz-Zoawd which is about Wizard of Oz

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Professor Beetus posted:

Underwater Ron Pual leads to eating children.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

ImpAtom posted:

It probably doesn't stand out to me much because there are so many goofy games based on public domain stories. There's a JRPG called Riz-Zoawd which is about Wizard of Oz

This makes a lot of sense because the Oz books have a huge amount of different creatures and locations. Surprised there haven't been more western adaptations into movies and games, although I guess that one from 2013 with James Franco was a bit of a flop.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

is jusant good? it sounds like it might be good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4FG0kCMBU

The wonders of Public Domain :sun:

What was it, like 3 movies based on Pinocchio this year?

Yeah, I saw there's a an evil Winnie the Pooh horror movie out now which is pretty :wtc:

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, I guess you're right on that. I played an extremely anime Jrpg with the premise of "Chopin has an anime dream on his deathbed"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

spaceblancmange posted:

Yeah it’s good

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

spaceblancmange posted:

It's good. Hell of a last few weeks here, Cocoon is excellent, Jusant is great, Game Pass just keeps winning.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Laserface posted:

Where are they hiding the community forge maps? The husky raid playlist is garbage

Check out the custom games browser.

There are a lot of great firefight games on there already.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

spaceblancmange posted:

It's good, yeah. Beat it today. There's a fair amount of jank that spoils things a little bit, but by and large it's a really fun and chill experience. When you really nail the rhythm of the climbing it feels awesome.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I haven't played Elden Ring (or any Soulslike really, besides DS3), so I wonder what those do differently that keep people playing hundreds of hours.

Great start on LoP and absolutely worth playing, but would benefit from another design pass to tighten up the latter sections

Still, a wonderful surprise that came out of nowhere afaik

I think the main difference is that Lies is more linear, or at least hides it worse. Souls games tend to either have branching options where you can toddle off for a while or more of a feeling of openness, even if you're still fundamentally confined to a couple of paths.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Friends, I've spent as much time in Starfield as I can for the moment, but I still have an itch to go off in an open world and kill stuff and do quests for every jerk who asks for a favor. Any suggestions?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Finally, some good devs.

https://twitter.com/dachsjaeger/status/1719421701430116373?s=46&t=36rNzOEGx40Ej2XR8t_CPw

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

1glitch0 posted:

Friends, I've spent as much time in Starfield as I can for the moment, but I still have an itch to go off in an open world and kill stuff and do quests for every jerk who asks for a favor. Any suggestions?

Everspace 2?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

1glitch0 posted:

I've been enjoying State of Decay 2 recently.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Remedy FTMFW.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
it'd be cool if they fixed the bug where the sound cuts out entirely and makes me have to restart the game twice every single time

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

My Time at Sandrock should be out today, that's a day 1 buy for me.

The previous one, My Time at Portia, should still be on game pass if you want to give that one a shot. It's your typical crafting/farming/life sim game, like Stardew Valley. If you're into those.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Toaster Beef posted:

it'd be cool if they fixed the bug where the sound cuts out entirely and makes me have to restart the game twice every single time

As annoying as that one is, the one where quest dialog doesn't trigger so an rear end in a top hat blocks your way or you get softlocked in your mind palace are imo worse

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
the babbas crying that Alan Wake 2 might run bad on the series suck and calling remedy lazy devs need to take stock

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
I’m really enjoying Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer on game pass, it’s an oddball but a fun one.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Remulak posted:

I’m really enjoying Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer on game pass, it’s an oddball but a fun one.

The S Blade has a Hackblood Charge

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Malcolm Excellent posted:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Don’t post pirated Windows XP product keys here.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

univbee posted:

Holy poo poo that was a blast from the past

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

univbee posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

univbee posted:

oh my god