Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kirios posted:

You may want to wait a week for your update I don't think Eberflus is long for this world.

firing and assassination seems equally as likely at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Josh McDaniels best season as a head coach was 8 - 8.

Imagine giving this guy a chance. Lmao.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Benne do you have a list of the coaches who were fired while on your Mild list? I swear this same thing happened last year.

E: Might be thinking of Gruden two years ago, which lmao

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 1, 2023

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Someone once referred to Josh McDaniels as the "shittiest, brattiest coach in the universe" and that has stuck with me for years.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Just how many losers are there hanging around in the NFL with the "Lombardi" name? They're like the Kennedy's of the NFL, incompetent boobs living off their predecessor's storied history.

Cursed Tweet ™

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Mark Davis seems like kind of a wildcard of an owner, but in a shittier and dumber way than his dad. Like, you could absolutely see Al firing a coach after 3-5 start, but he would never hire McDaniels in the first place.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Just how many losers are there hanging around in the NFL with the "Lombardi" name? They're like the Kennedy's of the NFL, incompetent boobs living off their predecessor's storied history.

He's a nepo hire but from the wrong lombardi (no relation to Vince)

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

He's a nepo hire but from the wrong lombardi (no relation to Vince)

lol are we sure that owners understand this?

doltos should have changed his last name to "Shula", he'd be in an NFL front office by now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Simplex posted:

Mark Davis seems like kind of a wildcard of an owner, but in a shittier and dumber way than his dad. Like, you could absolutely see Al firing a coach after 3-5 start, but he would never hire McDaniels in the first place.

At least Al had tons of charisma and the rings to back up his brashness.

Mark is just a complete loving zero as a businessman or even a showman. Looks like poo poo, talks like poo poo, never worked an honest day in his life, only got handed his riches by a much more successful dad, and then had the good timing to be the one team willing to move to Vegas when the NFL decided to get in bed with gambling.

The only thing he's good at is throwing away money, so he'll attract another "big name" hire looking to score a quick scam. He has no clue what he's doing and everyone knows it.

Nov 6, 2002

Mark Davis was pretty slick if you read the details of how the move to Vegas actually went down and how he ended up with that stadium paid for.

But he clearly doesn't have any kind of measurable football IQ and can't seem to surround himself with people who do.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Mark Davis purely operating from a fan's perspective of "why the gently caress would anyone watch this team" is probably all the logic we need.

He's definitely a bad owner, but at least he's trying to steer the ship towards entertaining.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Jim Harbaugh screams "next Vegas coach" to me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Nodoze posted:

We doing this again huh

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nodoze posted:

Nah, it's the Chargers.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Harbaugh is definitely making the jump back this time when Michigan gets death penaltied right

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer
And here I thought the Chargers had a shot at the first midseason firing. But nope, Raiders speedrunning this bitch. Again. Can’t wait to see the Chargers lose to them because Staley is now the worst head coach in the division again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Nah, it's the Chargers.

Even less likely

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kirios posted:

You may want to wait a week for your update I don't think Eberflus is long for this world.

Eh, the Bears have never fired a coach mid-season; not sure they'll start now.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The NFL literally posted on their own website that Harbaugh likely won't get a job. He's stuck there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I'm not sure I would associate the career trajectory of Adam Gase coaching staff -> Patriots coaching staff -> Raiders coaching staff with "rising" but ok. The smoke from a trash fire rises, I guess

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Benne posted:

The NFL literally posted on their own website that Harbaugh likely won't get a job. He's stuck there.

Very clever of the NFL to post articles not written by them but absolutely intended to get their point across.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Weird that there have been 2 HR related firings this year and both have been from the Bears. I feel like HR is almost never involved in getting a coach fired.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Anderson Koopa posted:

Weird that there have been 2 HR related firings this year and both have been from the Bears. I feel like HR is almost never involved in getting a coach fired.

You could argue that this at least has a silver lining. I mean yes ideally you do not do shitlord HR-actionable behavior in the first place. And it must have been real fuckin bad to ruffle feathers in an NFL workplace. But it almost always gets swept under the rug, unless it is forced out by literal congressional hearings like Snyder. Or these bombshells ESPN etc keep dropping about how awful it is to work for the Cardinals. At least someone in Chicago might give a poo poo about their people?

Not on the field, obviously. But in other regards!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Belicheck to Vegas, McDaniels to New England.

Both get fired within two years.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Mega64 posted:

Belicheck to Vegas, McDaniels to New England.

Both get fired within two years.

The idea that Bellichick has to spend like 6 years chasing the all time wins records with 4-13 teams delights me so much. I want this to happen so bad.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

aperion posted:

The idea that Bellichick has to spend like 6 years chasing the all time wins records with 4-13 teams delights me so much. I want this to happen so bad.

He'll suffer a heart attack mid game in 2029 during the game that would have taken him over the top. Everyone will be so saddened that they won't finish the game, it'll be declared no contest, and Bill will forever be stuck sharing #1.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bill just got extended, why is he even being discussed

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

a neat cape posted:

Because he sucks now and we all want to see him humiliated

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

Just extended coaches can still get fired.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ayudo posted:

Just extended coaches can still get fired.

And you actually believe one of those is going to be Bill belichick

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Also, he didn't get an extension; they tore up his old deal and gave him a new one with more money, but it still ends after 2024 (like his previous contract did).

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

a neat cape posted:

No? I just don't think coaches get special consideration because they're still owed money. Even when it's a lot of money.

If Belichick some how loses the locker room, he'll get fired. Just like with every other coach who gets ejected mid season.

A "mutual parting of ways" in the off season seems at least possible.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Black Lighter posted:

Because he sucks now and we all want to see him humiliated

:hmmyes:

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Mark Davis invented the QB hand warmer and has therefore contributed more to football than 31 other owners.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

MrLogan posted:

Mark Davis invented the QB hand warmer and has therefore contributed more to football than 31 other owners.

Jerry Jones has single handedly kept the Cowboys out of the Super Bowl for a generation. We really should thank him for his service.

Nov 6, 2002

MrLogan posted:

Davis likes to say he invented them but it was actually Frank Pupello, the equipment manager for the Tampa Bay Bucs that created the first one in 1980.

https://uni-watch.com/2010/04/21/uni-watch-profiles-frank-pupello/

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

a neat cape posted:

There's been enough leaks saying Kraft and company are upset with Billy B that they may be willing to do something drastic. Could it all be bullshit? Sure, but at the same time, the Pats look like absolute rear end this year and Bill isn't helping himself. You can argue his QB situation sucks, but this is the same guy who went 10-5 with Matt Cassel when Tom Brady's leg snapped.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

fsif posted:

Also, he didn't get an extension; they tore up his old deal and gave him a new one with more money, but it still ends after 2024 (like his previous contract did).

This combined with Kraft talking publicly multiple times that he doesn't give a poo poo about BBs records. Unprompted!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shyduck posted:

Harbaugh is definitely making the jump back this time when Michigan gets death penaltied right

What violation(s) did Michigan do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What violation(s) did Michigan do?

Had a dude stealing handsigns in the most tracable way possible