Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

The Islamic Shock posted:

As a member of the Democratic Party I am deeply offended by your implication that they should do things people elected them to do
red flag laws are wildly popular entire political spectrum except for the "reddit users who are currently writing their racist manifesto" demographic and still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

just posting in the cops are good, we should make even more laws for them to impartially enforce thread

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

red flag laws, but that also apply to cops

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

gbut posted:

red flag laws, but that also apply to cops
that would be an effective way to depopulate the force, since if it ever passed (no chance in this bootlickin' shithole demon cracker nation) the scared lil feral hogs would quit in droves if they couldn't have their lil 9mm unarmed POC eliminator.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
a few states have red flag laws with exceptions for cops that go around the courts and straight to their own internal affairs department instead. i’m sure those petitions are filed promptly!

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

police are critically short staffed. they should be allowed to pressgang civilians until they have the manpower they need imo

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Who's ready for everyone's favorite American pasttime: false flag operations to justify imperialism!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...-a-24-hour-span

I mean, cool, but also, this seems like a gang tying up loose ends.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

skooma512 posted:

https://www.latimes.com/california/...-a-24-hour-span

I mean, cool, but also, this seems like a gang tying up loose ends.

Yeah, after reading Knock LA's series on LASD gangs, I can't imagine it's not due to some poo poo about to come out.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

This is what happens when you gently caress with the Wayside Whities

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I don't know why they would care tbh. They're above the law.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Boywhiz88 posted:

Yeah, after reading Knock LA's series on LASD gangs, I can't imagine it's not due to some poo poo about to come out.

I knew the LA Sherrif was gonna be bad since he came from the notoriously corrupt Long Beach PD, but I didn’t think he'd manage to be worse than Lee Baca, but we got an actual police gang booster replacing the guy who turned a blind eye to them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a gangster took charge of a gang of violent criminals. what a shock.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Cops deploy SWAT team, robot dog, to approach sleeping man, call it a "standoff"

https://x.com/disclosetv/status/1722582378319626624?s=20

in the future, boot-stamping will be done by robot dog

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

For some reason they forgot to mention the robot toy costs 280,000 dollars and the "armed man" had a bb gun :thunk:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
lol a 3 hour freak out over a sleeping dude with a pellet gun involving dozens of cops . come on America

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

https://kfor.com/news/local/single-mother-evicted-and-left-to-pay-for-damages-after-standoff-with-no-one-inside/amp/

quote:

STILLWATER, Okla. (KFOR) – A Stillwater single mother of two is left homeless after the home she was living in was at the center of a standoff Wednesday night that ended with suspect was not inside.

“I was pleading with them that they could have the keys and that he wasn’t in there,” said Brittany Fent, who has lived at the home in Oakridge for three years.

Now, she says management has told her she was evicted and left to pay for what damages occurred.

Stillwater Police said they had gotten word Wednesday afternoon from Lincoln County Officials of Lewis Bearden III being inside the home. Police said that he had felony arrest warrants for burglary and robbery and that they had information he would be there.

“He wasn’t there and I told them several times that he wasn’t,” said Fent. “I kept begging them to use my keys and get inside if needed, but they didn’t listen or believe me. Now I’m left without a home.”

Fent told KFOR that she had dated Bearden but they had broken up over a month ago.

“I am living paycheck to paycheck trying to afford food for my girls,” said Fent. “I got an eviction notice earlier today and management told me that I would be the one to have to pay for the damages.”

She has two little girls who live in the home and were with their grandparents when the standoff happened.

“Now they don’t have their clothes, their beds are broken,” said Fent.

The damage is extensive throughout the home and on the outside. Several windows were broken, the door had been ripped off, the children’s beds had been broken into wooden pieces, clothes were thrown around, damage all over the walls, a TV busted, and more.

“I told them that they can willingly go inside and that they don’t have to demolish it,” said Fent.

Stillwater Police are still searching for Bearden as of Thursday, and said that he could be dangerous.

When asked why they decided to break the kid’s beds among the other things in the house SPD replied, “Once we’re inside we’re searching every possible location, trying to look through anything that could help find him.”

“I just wish they would’ve believed me that he wasn’t there and I wish that they understood how the damage would leave us heartbroken and I don’t even know how to tell my kids what happened,” said Fent.

For now, Fent and her kids are staying with her sister-in-law until she can find a more permanent situation.

“I work just to live week by week and paycheck to paycheck, I don’t have any money so I don’t know what happens next,” said Fent.

Police ask if anyone knows Bearden’s location, they are asked to not approach him and call 911 immediately.

cops bust up an empty house for no reason and get the family that lives there evicted.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

system working as intended.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
turns out the absurd part of the police raid at the beginning of Brazil was that they didn't evict the mother and her kids from the destroyed apartment

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Rubellavator posted:

cops bust up an empty house for no reason and get the family that lives there evicted.

“The files are inside the computer?” but cops are doing it with “suspects” and children’s bed frames.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

should’ve just said her name and all the pugs would’ve od’ed

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thinking about that time the NYPD or CPD had an entire city block towed so they could park near a funeral for a cop who died of natural causes. All the eulogies then mentioned his adorable racism.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lmfao
https://twitter.com/hannahcrileyy/status/1724184581501247933

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I would like for all cops to do a birthright year in the idf right now

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
merkava ride along

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Merkava go to the polls!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

quote:

RIO RANCHO, N.M. —
A law has been in place for police departments and law enforcement to remove firearms from anyone they think is an immediate threat to someone.

However, Target 7 has learned one of New Mexico's largest counties, Sandoval County, has never used it.

Some argue that 82-year-old Rio Rancho woman Juneanne Fannell would still be alive if it was used.

The Rio Rancho Police Department and Fire Department arrived at the home in April to find Fannell in a hospital bed. First responders were there after caretaker Henry Cardana called for emergency services.

Cardana told 911 that Fannell was uncontrollable and that they needed to get her out of the home for her own safety. Cardana had been the caretaker for Fannell for several years.

Fannell also spoke during the 911 call and said that she felt like she was in danger. She also said there were weapons in the home after the dispatcher asked.

Rio Rancho officers talk with Cardana about the firearms inside the home.

"You're a firearms guy?" an officer asked.

"Oh, yeah," Cardana said.

"Nice," the officer said.

"They're loaded. They're ready to go," Cardana said.

"We don't need to see them," the officer said. "There's one probably right there in that case. And I see another one over there."

The officer continued saying, "I like folks that have guns," since he is a gun owner himself. As the officers begin to say their goodbyes to Cardana and Fannell, she begs them to stay at the home.

Then, the conversation continues between Cardana and Fannell once the officers say they have to go.

"What did you say?" Fannell asked.

"I said you're fine until I kill you," Cardana said.

"All right? He's threatened to do that," Fannell said to the Rio Rancho police officers.

"Get out of here now," Cardana said to the officers. "Go away."

The two officers leave, and four hours later, 911 receives another call. This time from a neighbor.

"The neighbor man was screaming for help and told us to call the police," the neighbor said. "He says he's killed her."

Police returned to find Cardana covered in blood. He had just shot and killed Fannell, according to court documents. KOAT legal expert John Day says more could have been done.

"In this particular case, it sounds like there was plenty of information that the law enforcement had that would have triggered the implementation of a red flag law," Day said.

The law is the extreme risk firearm protection order. It was enacted in July 2020 after two years of debate in the state capitol.

However, the majority of elected sheriffs in New Mexico oppose it and have said they will not enforce the law. However, the passed law allows law enforcement and prosecutors to petition a court.

Those petitions will have a gun owners guns seized if there is a credible threat they will do harm to others or themselves. Day explains how it works.

"There's a process for the for law enforcement to go to a court and get a temporary order saying go get those guns, put them away somewhere safe," Day said. "We'll deal with this and let some time pass, let people cool off."

woman begs cops to not leave her with a caretaker who she says makes her feel unsafe and has lots of guns around. caretaker than threatens the woman in front of the cops who do nothing. they leave and she’s dead hours later. good work to our brave boys in blue

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The function of police is to enforce the law not prevent people from breaking the law. It gives them carte Blanche to be cowards and also have almost zero culpability.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

FlapYoJacks posted:

The function of police is to enforce the law

buzzzzzzzzz

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Theoretically. In practice? Lol. Lmao. LMFAO.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think in this case the cops could tell exactly what was going on but were still okay with that guy killing a disabled woman.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

FlapYoJacks posted:

The function of police is to enforce the police.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

FlapYoJacks posted:

The function of police is to enforce the law not prevent people from breaking the law. It gives them carte Blanche to be cowards and also have almost zero culpability.
Essentially the criminal justice system is a religious system. The most important component is belief. Places where crime happens are hotspots of spiritual pollution. Positioning a few "priests" AKA cop cars around the area allows the pollution to be washed away. Criminal trials are purification rituals. Some large crime has occured and the spiritual stain has spread across the community. Finding someone guilty and subjecting them to a harsh punishment is like burning sage. If your bike is stolen, you are upset, your whole world has been upended. Therefore, you call the priests. They have you perform ritual actions, such as providing a formal statement. They also, ritualistically, promise to do their best, while managing your expectations. These rites being performed, your spirit has been placated. You can go on with your life. The function of the police is to make you, a certain yous, feel better.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://www.mlive.com/news/2023/10/former-michigan-police-officer-pleads-guilty-to-accepting-bribes-including-a-car.html

for those who don’t know, hamtramck is a 2 sq mile enclave inside Detroit that has like three cops.

e: I was wrong. they have a small number of firefighters, but several dozens of cops, according to their website.

gbut has issued a correction as of 16:49 on Nov 17, 2023

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the function of police is to protect capital and the wealthy in that order.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

the function of police is to protect capital and the wealthy in that order.
HEY WAIT A MINUTE I'm starting to suspect the people whose job it is to protect capital can be easily manipulated by giving them letting them take capital!

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Marshfield mass police broadsided a car with an mrap and killed a 79 year old woman

"In a statement, the DA’s office said, “Preliminarily, it appears the operator of the red Subaru Forrester turned left in front of the tan motor vehicle and contact was made between the two vehicles...The Marshfield Police vehicle operator was not responding to a call at the time of the crash.”"

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

neat. another tiny town where the cops have a loving tank.

thanks obama

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

acab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp-KMTW2YKU

Don't watch if you don't want your blood pressure to spike.

Basically two cops get mad that homeless man didn't instantly lick their boots so they beat him and kill his service dog.

An actual trained service dog. Saying that it bit them. From several feet away. Gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
an officer involved incident in which lethal force was deployed following an escalation in which a wolf-like animal engaged in threatening behavior, including but not limited to 'occular threats' and 'psychic bites'