Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Thoren posted:

It's interesting how the demons have varying levels of power while the neo-humans and giants all seem really loving strong.

Makes sense, the magic world follows more or less the conventions of Dragon Quest excusing the stat hike of the demon kings, gotta be dungeon fodder somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If the heroes in the Demon World had 0 chance to even go against middle ranked demons, they would've never even tried going after the much stronger kings directly in the first place.

it's neat to show that while they were completely screwed due to how absurdly strong the figures on top are, they could actually fight back against the chaff and middle ranked dudes

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

ChaseSP posted:

If the heroes in the Demon World had 0 chance to even go against middle ranked demons, they would've never even tried going after the much stronger kings directly in the first place.

it's neat to show that while they were completely screwed due to how absurdly strong the figures on top are, they could actually fight back against the chaff and middle ranked dudes

Also you need to keep in mind This is a HERO, any demon could smash a normal human. I'm sure the other worlds had strong people who could sometimes win. Its just that the overall balance is tilted wildly in the natural enemy's favor

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I think it's really good for the story to tune the power levels down a bit. The story was kind of floundering and depressing when the humans slightest win is immediately undercut, so having an enemy the humans can fight evenly or just chump does a lot to relieve the ever growing bleakness of the setting.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

thetoughestbean posted:

K*Manga is… fine. Serviceable.

1 star on the Apple App Store? I guess it is time to dive into hell

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
if you think about it, ONE has like sort of a whole deal with writing manga about characters will overwhelming unmatchable power

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I cannot find "Versus" on the KManga app. Is it under a different name, or is there a timeline when the Versus manga comes in?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
OPM Raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755396392866

Flair posted:

I cannot find "Versus" on the KManga app. Is it under a different name, or is there a timeline when the Versus manga comes in?

It's like every 25th/26th depending on time zones I guess

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

pik_d posted:

OPM Raws: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755396392866

I value the service you provide.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

serious gaylord posted:

I value the service you provide.

Well now you're gonna love me even more, because here's the translation: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/0trPtg5/1/1/

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

pik_d posted:

"Versus" does not seem to exist on KManga.

edit: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pr...select-/.203597 it seems to be coming on November 25th.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That high five :3:

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm so glad monaco is back

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whoa this is getting interesting

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008
I love how all of their names are redundant balderdash

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Donkringel posted:

I love how all of their names are redundant balderdash

As they kept going I could only imagine Saitama's reaction if he was there :allears:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
You will henceforth be known as the mighty ninja colorful rainbow!

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

They're all going to die.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MiddleOne posted:

They're all going to die.

Good

suicide4sexbots
Jul 24, 2015

caught in a hyperloop,
spun out into static -
you were never there,
i was never here

so why does my car
still smell like ass
College Slice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I dunno... insanely mad isn't an entirely redundant read... I don't think he's a real ninja.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I love the dumb ninja names and the themed graduation years

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You just know ONE had a blast conceiving of a pack of freaks

I bet Murata had a lot of fun taking those designs into his style, too

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I am the Typing Poster

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Anyone want the name of Nerdy Goon?

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFHlJ2voJHY

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Half of them are really stretching the label of ninja appearance wise. One of them is literally just a bug eyed dude in a tank top lol

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ninjas can wear whatever they want, dattebayo

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

yum posted:

Half of them are really stretching the label of ninja appearance wise. One of them is literally just a bug eyed dude in a tank top lol

He's combined the precision of ninjutsu with the overwhelming power of a tank top, and you're making fun?

Posters, man.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Mystic Mongol posted:

He's combined the precision of ninjutsu with the overwhelming power of a tank top, and you're making fun?

Posters, man.

I'd like to see this sequel to gymkata

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
He borrows the power of the tank top, yet he dares not call himself tank top ninja? Such arrogance…

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Sleeveless Tank Top

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Tanktop Wifebeater had a very short and controversial career.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
is Rumbling Thunder holding a sheet of aluminum to make thunder noises if so that rules and he is my favorite of this bunch

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Revins posted:

is Rumbling Thunder holding a sheet of aluminum to make thunder noises if so that rules and he is my favorite of this bunch

I think he was just hiding behind a blanket that he was holding up, which is still pretty good

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

yum posted:

What a remarkable undershirt!

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Larry Cum Free posted:

I think he was just hiding behind a blanket that he was holding up, which is still pretty good

Do not mock the unseen ninjas of stealthiness.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Raws up! https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/14079602755451951724

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
exposition!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8

It would have been funny if one of the ninjas introduced themselves with Jackhammer noises or morse code.