Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

i didn't care for mitch hedberg's standup

honestly i'm not a fan of mitches in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
Mitches,

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

doctorfrog posted:

Even this one?

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Kinda feel like the Gaylord cancels out the Mitch for me. He's a keeper.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

thetoughestbean posted:

Take 5 candy bars are garbage and this All Hallow’s Eve I’m glad to report that my household will not be handing them out

They are legit one of the better candy bars what are you on about?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
The plural to take five is takes five

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

take 5 is like the Sega Genesis of candy

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

hawowanlawow posted:

*Takes five are like the Segas genesis

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

hawowanlawow posted:

Take 5 does what Snicker-on't.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I may already be too late to get ahead of the rush of Christmas music, but here goes: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is much better in its original arrangement, where the title is said only once at the end of each verse, and in the same general range as the lines that came before. The version where the line is repeated three times an octave higher (often with energetic musical stings) is terrible.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

I may already be too late to get ahead of the rush of Christmas music, but here goes: "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is much better in its original arrangement, where the title is said only once at the end of each verse, and in the same general range as the lines that came before. The version where the line is repeated three times an octave higher (often with energetic musical stings) is terrible.

I have never heard the latter version except from Michael Jackson, I thought it was his thing.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Springsteen did a cover of it & as much as I like his original music, that version was godawful

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Springsteen did a cover of it & as much as I like his original music, that version was godawful

Christmas albums are never good and are only made when a performer needs a quick paycheck for zero effort.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

OPAONI posted:

Christmas albums are never good and are only made when a performer needs a quick paycheck for zero effort.

Seeing a new the Bird and the Bee and having it be a christmas album really stung.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Nah that’s one of like three Christmas songs that don’t drive me up a wall.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

BOOTY-ADE posted:

I shudder to think of his strained, creaking voice reaching for high notes :barf:

Relevant to the thread: Bruce Springsteen sucks and has a hideous voice

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

OPAONI posted:

For Anton Du Beke, yes

For Michael Buble, no

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

OPAONI posted:

:wrong:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2MZyKvNMBg

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

doctorfrog posted:

:agreed:

quote:

I have never personally met a Mitch that I didn't like

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

OPAONI posted:

The Payday Christmas album is good. Phoneposting or I'd link it but "If it has to be Christmas" is legit.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jessica Simpsons Christmas album is legit good

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

OPAONI posted:

Jethro Tull's Christmas Album is great but thats only because Jethro Tull is great

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

alexandriao posted:

Jethro Tull's Christmas Album is great but thats only because Jethro Tull is great

Probably my all-time favorite band, and the absolute worst most boring concert I've ever attended.

Cat Ass Trophy
Jul 24, 2007
I can do twice the work in half the time

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Oh man, that song is really awful. Especially the parts where he is "talking" to the band members.

Perhaps the only Xmas song that still gets radio time every year that I hate more than that cover, is the Beach Boys Little Saint Nick. That thing is just a lazy pile of poo poo.

gently caress, it is almost that time of the year for all of the garbage Xmas songs to start showing up.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
« Open world » and « crafting » are features that make me instantly decide I will not like a video game

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Same except "not being a moba"

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I don't care about open world, but I am done with crafting. Who's got the time? I don't even want to be leveling up a bunch of poo poo either. Just make my character more badass as I progress and let's get on with the story.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Crafting systems are busted. Cooking systems are the way forward.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

« Open world » and « crafting » are features that make me instantly decide I will not like a video game
Neither one outright ruins a game, but the more emphasis each one gets the more likely it is that the game will be bad.

"Open world" covers a very broad range, from a set of bespoke environments full of character interactions and intentionally designed gameplay elements that count as "open" because you can move freely between them and approach them in whatever order you care to, all the way to massive procedurally generated worlds where everything's the same and exploring is a waste of time.

Crafting is always poo poo, but a lot of the time you can ignore it completely (eg. alchemy in Skyrim) or at least just stick to the basics (eg. restocking ammunition in Horizon Zero Dawn). In the latter case it's kind of a nuisance but not game-ruining.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
Any true "crime of the century" is one that went undetected and is therefore unknowable, rendering the whole concept moot.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Nameless Pete posted:

Any true "crime of the century" is one that went undetected and is therefore unknowable, rendering the whole concept moot.

No, by definition a "crime of the century" is a crime that is extremely well-known. Like, that's what the phrase means, the most notorious and spectacular crime of the century.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Crafting systems are busted. Cooking systems are the way forward.

Cooking is just crafting.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Youtube should have never removed the video replies feature of its early iterations. Imagine the drama if it was added back now

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was really annoying at the time. I'd rather they added back functional search before video replies

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Weren't video replies the thing that led to the flood of "reply girls" back in the day? At any rate, it's a social media adjacent feature so it shouldn't exist.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
And remove shorts while you are at it

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

steinrokkan posted:

Okay, but you have to buy me dinner first

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I didn't say jorts

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

No way man it's like dumbass tiktok. The algorithm doesn't get me at all but I'm loving all these industrial rug cleaning videos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

What good are "shorts"? Every single thing about it feels like a regular YouTube video but with less features i.e. no access to the scrub bar