Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mean Baby posted:

That’s not true he lead the comeback at the start of the 3rd. Then he hurt is ankle….

They were down by 13 when he sat for good (because Detroit was repeatedly getting wide open fast breaks even off of made baskets), then they outscored Detroit by 21 from that point on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
Oh no, don't tell me Scoot isn't good! I love his name

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

nikosoft posted:

Oh no, don't tell me Scoot isn't good! I love his name

He's not like an obvious bust or anything, he just clearly still has a long way to go

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Papercut posted:

They were down by 13 when he sat for good (because Detroit was repeatedly getting wide open fast breaks even off of made baskets), then they outscored Detroit by 21 from that point on.

Brogdon will definitely be better than him this year, but Scoot scored or assisted on each bucket the Blazers got in the third quarter before he got hurt. They got it down from 16 to 5 at one point

I wouldn’t worry about a 19 year olds +/-, he showed major growth specifically at the start of the third.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mean Baby posted:

Brogdon will definitely be better than him this year, but Scoot scored or assisted on each bucket the Blazers got in the third quarter before he got hurt. They got it down from 16 to 5 at one point

I wouldn’t worry about a 19 year olds +/-, he showed major growth specifically at the start of the third.

I mean during his playtime in the third, Detroit's lead actually increased by 1 point compared to halftime. But yes, the potential is there. Playing PG is hard.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

news: celtics 155 - pacers 104

views: celtics are looking better than i expected. so far better than last year

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Bucks sold out for Dame and it's going to look real ugly at times when they aren't scoring a million points because that defense, woof.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Harlock posted:

The Bucks sold out for Dame and it's going to look real ugly at times when they aren't scoring a million points because that defense, woof.

i still assume they'll figure it out by the time the playoffs come around and be good then. looking like they probably wont be the 1 seed tho

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Naz Reid is pretty good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1719896350173610086

rip zach lavine

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

owned

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

wow, every single guy on the celtics roster scored and had a positive +/- today. even the deepest of the bench guys like, uh, "dalano banton" scored a bucket. i dont remember seeing that before

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/DragonflyJonez/status/1719900303904895145

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
First quarter was loving dreadful, but rebounding, a little shot making, and not giving up as many easy buckets turned it around:

https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status/1719901314484781079?s=20

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol that clip owns

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Wemby was one ping pong ball away from being stuck in this hell lol

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
KAT missed some bunnies and had a bad whistle even by his standards but he played solid team defense. They're going to need all that and more when the Celtics come to town.

In conclusion, NAZ REID.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

maruhkati posted:

KAT missed some bunnies and had a bad whistle even by his standards but he played solid team defense. They're going to need all that and more when the Celtics come to town.

In conclusion, NAZ REID.

I'll be at the game. :)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Larry…

https://x.com/Larrydn22/status/1719906772163453054?s=20

https://x.com/Larrydn22/status/1719907461266821153?s=20

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i love flipping between the bulls game and baseball seeing the game being within 1-3 points the whole time and knowing there is zero chance the bulls win

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

its funny that its hard to believe a team with Kawhi, PG, Harden and Russ is going to be good. but theyre going to be good

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

R.D. Mangles posted:

i love flipping between the bulls game and baseball seeing the game being within 1-3 points the whole time and knowing there is zero chance the bulls win

They caught a bad Luka night and couldn't convert. smh

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'll be at the game. :)

So will I. I was at this one, too. I've got a 10-game pack I share with family. It's the primary way I stay in touch with my folks.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

maruhkati posted:

So will I. I was at this one, too. I've got a 10-game pack I share with family. It's the primary way I stay in touch with my folks.

Ah nice. I just always try to go when the Celtics are in town and a handful of other times every year.

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID

Shear Modulus posted:

Wemby was one ping pong ball away from being stuck in this hell lol

Someone please free Tyus Jones from this prison. I like him too much to see him here.

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

The Wizards and Nets are my League Pass teams this year

Neither can play a lick of defense but they also are filled with guys who are going to jack up lovely shots and be cool as hell while losing many games

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Telluric Whistler posted:

The Wizards and Nets are my League Pass teams this year

Neither can play a lick of defense but they also are filled with guys who are going to jack up lovely shots and be cool as hell while losing many games

yeah dude i was shocked at how little defense they played against the celtics the other day. they started kyle kuzma at the 5 to defend porzingis and it was like a layup line, i think ive honestly never seen defense so bad in the nba before. they looked like they weren’t even trying

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Looking at the first 4 games for the wolves I woulda predicted 2-2 but each game the other way.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Trying (and failing) to remember a time the Wizards even looked a hint of good. Maybe one of the early John Wall years, I don't know. Yeesh. Glad Rui was saved from this mess, little upset it's on the Lakers though.

Prime candidate to land Harden, is what I'm saying.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Probably Magic posted:

Trying (and failing) to remember a time the Wizards even looked a hint of good. Maybe one of the early John Wall years, I don't know. Yeesh. Glad Rui was saved from this mess, little upset it's on the Lakers though.

Prime candidate to land Harden, is what I'm saying.

Arenas / Butler / Antawn

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

nene/gortat were fun. swept the toronto raptors lmao

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

fart simpson posted:

yeah dude i was shocked at how little defense they played against the celtics the other day. they started kyle kuzma at the 5 to defend porzingis and it was like a layup line, i think ive honestly never seen defense so bad in the nba before. they looked like they weren’t even trying

Holliday had a run where he was abusing Poole on offense and defense, looked completely helpless in a way you don’t usually see

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
so uhhh probably won't be seeing amen thompson for awhile

e: spoilered for cw: ugly ankle turn

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lol ouch

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man that's brutal, I appreciate the spoiler even though I looked anyway. Hope it's a situation where these young dudes legs are plastic.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Rick posted:

Man that's brutal, I appreciate the spoiler even though I looked anyway. Hope it's a situation where these young dudes legs are plastic.

I can't tell how.kuch it's actually his ankle vs coming out of his shoe.

Either way, it'll probably be a couple of weeks of rehab for him

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Finally got an update "Awoo" https://streamable.com/ld2qom

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

grade ii

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008