Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue-1JoJQaEg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

yes

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcnJpvoK3mo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

added to my watchlist based on the thumbnail alone

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Beve Stuscemi posted:

you’re not wrong, but it won’t be all Midwest towns, just ones that aren’t landlocked. so cities on the Great Lakes and the Mississippi will be the ones to really blow up

the evidence is, like you said, all the big cities on the coasts are either full up, have costs of living that are unsustainable, they’re perpetually on fire, running out of water, or all of the above sometimes.

i’ll say it a million times but i left DC to buy a place in Pittsburgh for a reason

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdcXkmvXXwU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i’ll say it a million times but i left DC to buy a place in Pittsburgh for a reason

for what reason

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

pierogis, mostly

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

valid

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

pierogis, mostly

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

been watching a lot less youtube since the anti-adblocker stuff started getting ramped up

but I saw discourse on Mastodon about this talk and recognised a familiar forums-poster name in the title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgivCGdmFrw

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dijkstracula posted:

been watching a lot less youtube since the anti-adblocker stuff started getting ramped up

By keeping ublock origin's blocklists updated and following their advice of disabling other blockers on youtube.com I've seen that pop-up like twice, both times when I hadn't used my computer for quite a while so the blocklist hadn't had time to update in the background.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
there really isn't very much value on youtube so whenever they get ahead in the ads armsrace i usually just stop watching it for a while and i never miss it

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

ive never seen one of those popups but i dont watch that much youtube.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Corla Plankun posted:

there really isn't very much value on youtube

I don't know how you can say that when there really is so much good content on there. Google's trying their darndest to make it a horrible experience with their ads and algorithm fuckery but there's nowhere on the internet where you can get both amateur and professionally produced (and anything in between) information and entertainment on practically any topic.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah youtube has so much good poo poo despite the best efforts of the company

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

most the time i'd rather read than watch a video. the exception is learning manual skills, but even then a well-illustrated guide is better than most videos. it's just that text plus video blows away text alone.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

make it illegal to make videos that are just talking to the camera. write a gat-dang article instead!

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

most the time i'd rather read than watch a video. the exception is learning manual skills, but even then a well-illustrated guide is better than most videos. it's just that text plus video blows away text alone.

100%

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

reading is for real learning. but idle learning? bideos

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

wrong!!

maths videos supremacy

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Corla Plankun posted:

there really isn't very much value on youtube

YouTube is garbage in a lot of ways but this is just patently false

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't it ironic how the good youtubes video thread is now having a discussion about how bad videos are?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

echinopsis posted:

wrong!!

maths videos supremacy

i made it this far without knowing anything about math and dont intend to start now.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Carbon dioxide posted:

Isn't it ironic how the good youtubes video thread is now having a discussion about how bad videos are?

no we're talking how good they are op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO7aGjyHTlk

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

new ProcessX babey; paging all the posters in the photography thread

> The process of making a camera lens. The best optical equipment factory in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5HFLkNrbIU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

thats not how i make camera lenses

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

I've only had to pee in a bottle once and that was when my landlord was having work done in my bathroom, I was surprised at how much I peed I almost filled the bottle up.

What I'm saying is this man is right, get two bottles. This is the most educational video on youtube

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I keep a Gatorade bottle in the car to take a Bezos if I get caught in traffic. More than once the freeway has shut down for Kamala Harris specifically.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

having tried and failed to use little half liter water bottles for this I can confirm that you need both increased capacity and wider opening to not make a mess. A gatorade bottle is a good choice.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Achmed Jones posted:

make it illegal to make videos that are just talking to the camera. write a gat-dang article instead!

nah actually that kind of video is good for when i'm doing the dishes or in the workshop making something out of wood

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i spent the morning catching up on 35 pages of this thread and have so much stuff to watch now :negative:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Elder Postsman posted:

nah actually that kind of video is good for when i'm doing the dishes or in the workshop making something out of wood

no, that kind of audio is good for when youre doing dishes or in the workshop making something out of wood. it being a video is stupid as hell.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Achmed Jones posted:

no, that kind of audio is good for when youre doing dishes or in the workshop making something out of wood. it being a video is stupid as hell.
There's nothing preventing you from just listening to the audio from the video. I do that all the time. The fact that there's video doesn't really have any disadvantage as long as it isn't written in a way that assumes you can see what's being shown on screen.

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

Achmed Jones posted:

i don't disagree with this, but on a practical level where are folks gonna put their audio-only stuff that's as discoverable and consumable as youtube? cause it ain't podcasts

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

:ssh: don't tell anyone but i was being a bit silly

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

Achmed Jones posted:

:ssh: don't tell anyone but i was being a bit silly

this is a serious thread about a serious topic, mods can you please deal with this

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

idk that's a tall order, but we'll see how it goes down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Elder Postsman posted:

this is a serious thread about a serious topic, mods can you please deal with this

I refuse