Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Someone just made me aware of this rather embarrassing Britgoon who's been on probation for 11 years is 136 days off it expiring https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504508

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephirus
May 18, 2004

BRRRR......CHK

I am stuck in the 'no interesting weather' zone therefore it is dull and wet here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

How do you do fellow boring zoner?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is David Icke level seeing faces in clouds. Going to demand an apology from Aldi for their carrot people Christmas advert referencing the underground 'root species' who control the world.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Are twitter embeds from x.com only broken on the app or is it a global thing?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Well not sure if it's a genuine take or a troll tbh.
The sumayah account doesn't exist on X. It exists on insta (with the same profile photo) but apparently has made 0 posts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Only proper twitter.com links embed. Musk's cringe attempt to rename something to his flaccid x domain should not be encouraged or rewarded.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

keep punching joe posted:

Are twitter embeds from x.com only broken on the app or is it a global thing?

I can see them ok on the laptop even if not signed in to x but just tried the app and can't see them on there.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

First time getting sick since 2019 i forgot how poo poo it is.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yeah there's a bad probably-flu going around at the moment. Way worse than a cold but doesn't register on the lateral flow tests.

It's left me fatigued for about a week. Good thing we defeated the woke mind virus that encouraged people not to cough all over everything in public.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Oh is that what we had last month

loving flattened us

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh right I should get a flu jab before I get turned into the sneeze wizard.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Tesseraction posted:

Oh right I should get a flu jab before I get turned into the sneeze wizard.

Yeah same totally forgot

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!
James O'Brien still a dick head, but he's doing a decent job of showing solidarity for Palestinians

https://youtu.be/hD2g6fzSYW4?si=7SX51LXdQ9zEBa_O

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The only weather service that has ever mattered is https://earth.nullschool.net/

gently caress the BBC.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Tesseraction posted:

How do you do fellow boring zoner?

I wonder if we had the same storm, except in Finland it was a snow storm. Probably got 50cm of snow in 10 hours. When I got home I couldn't get my car into the yard because the snow was knee high. Had to leave my car on the road and plow my driveway to get in.

All the roads where plowed though, multiple times.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Tesseraction posted:

Someone just made me aware of this rather embarrassing Britgoon who's been on probation for 11 years is 136 days off it expiring https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504508

This guy is a minister now OP.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

DreddyMatt posted:

James O'Brien still a dick head, but he's doing a decent job of showing solidarity for Palestinians

https://youtu.be/hD2g6fzSYW4?si=7SX51LXdQ9zEBa_O

lol at the caller saying you have to have a response of compassion to atrocity and not a desire to punish, while Israel collectively punishes children who weren't even born when Hamas were elected

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
That goon has a longer probe than some plumbers.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I had a bad flu in September which didn't show as COVID across multiple flow tests (different boxes, too). Which lay me up for the week. My partner didn't catch it then but they're just over a very similar illness that also didn't show on a flow test. Both of us are fine now but it hit like a rock.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tesseraction posted:

Only proper twitter.com links embed. Musk's cringe attempt to rename something to his flaccid x domain should not be encouraged or rewarded.
SA should disable Twitter embeds altogether TBH. People can learn to take screenshots and use BBCode to link the screenshot to the tweet, it’s not difficult.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TACD posted:

SA should disable Twitter embeds altogether TBH. People can learn to take screenshots and use BBCode to link the screenshot to the tweet, it’s not difficult.
There was a thread in the feedback forum about twitter embeds being stupid and how they should go, but it went ignored by the admins.

They should make a [prevurl] tag that pulls from the linked page's metadata for a thumbnail / header preview. Or have people been using design programs for so long now they've forgotten that exists on literally every page?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Bobby Deluxe posted:

There was a thread in the feedback forum about twitter embeds being stupid and how they should go, but it went ignored by the admins.

They should make a [prevurl] tag that pulls from the linked page's metadata for a thumbnail / header preview. Or have people been using design programs for so long now they've forgotten that exists on literally every page?
Is that what things like iMessage use to generate those link previews? That would be even better, yes

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Tesseraction posted:

Prencleeve Grothsmore, what a blast from the past. I remember that guy trying to get into various goon game groups.

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Y'all sarcasm detectors are broken re: that tweet.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I no longer think it is healthy to have the kind of brain that constantly navigates the internecine labyrinths between "I am pretending to be a dickhead who says these things" and "I am actually a dickhead who says these things."

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Diet Crack posted:

They deleted the tweet that contained it and now it's lost forever
Shame because it's direct evidence of how utterly unhinged this country is

drat :(

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
totally cool and normal that every estimate of civilian deaths in Palestine has to be accompanied by the description of the health ministry as “Hamas-controlled”

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
that blood and pieces of bodies splattered up what remains of the walls on those obliterated city streets was faked, see

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

"The IDF righteously destroys the Hamas animals" sitting right alongside "aha, those child corpses are all being CGIed in sophisticated underground fortresses" is blowing my mind right now. It shouldn't, because I know this kind of doublethink is a long-documented feature of fascism, but it is

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

smellmycheese posted:

SIMPLY HAVING A WONDERFUL POPPY CHRISTMASTIME!!!!

Dying for the queen's opium poppy profits

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Tesseraction posted:

Oh my god this guy cannot have been real, this has to have been a gimmick account surely. Lol if he starts posting again the second the probe is up.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh my god this guy cannot have been real, this has to have been a gimmick account surely. Lol if he starts posting again the second the probe is up.

Post some highlights of this weirdo? I never bothered getting archives when I rereged

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

smellmycheese posted:

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

smellmycheese posted:

I know this is pedantry to the point of :actually:, but I can't help examining these Lest We Forget bits of street furniture, house decorations, Facebook collages, airbrushed vans etc. for incongruous stuff and I don't think I've ever found one that's 100% 'correct'.

That bench features a silhouette of an American training aircraft from the 1940s.

It keeps happening. One last year had American battleships. There've been Soviet tanks silhouetted against the Union Jack, German soldiers in WW1 trenches under quotes from Rupert Brooke. Canadian sailors marking the anniversary of the sinking of the Bismarck. Stock images of USN Seals in Macros exhorting us to remember Are Brave Boys :britain:

Just low effort virtue signalling every time. Like typing 'old plane' into google, finding one that looks a bit like something from WW1 and then firing up the laser cutter.

The whole War Christmas thing would be bad enough if it was sincere, but the fact that so many people involved in it don't actually care about even the 21st century performative, jingoistic sort of remembrance to do it 'properly' makes it far worse.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Nothing will ever top that BNP flyer with a photograph of a Polish Spitfire squadron.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

BalloonFish posted:

I know this is pedantry to the point of :actually:, but I can't help examining these Lest We Forget bits of street furniture, house decorations, Facebook collages, airbrushed vans etc. for incongruous stuff and I don't think I've ever found one that's 100% 'correct'.

That bench features a silhouette of an American training aircraft from the 1940s.

It keeps happening. One last year had American battleships. There've been Soviet tanks silhouetted against the Union Jack, German soldiers in WW1 trenches under quotes from Rupert Brooke. Canadian sailors marking the anniversary of the sinking of the Bismarck. Stock images of USN Seals in Macros exhorting us to remember Are Brave Boys :britain:

Just low effort virtue signalling every time. Like typing 'old plane' into google, finding one that looks a bit like something from WW1 and then firing up the laser cutter.

The whole War Christmas thing would be bad enough if it was sincere, but the fact that so many people involved in it don't actually care about even the 21st century performative, jingoistic sort of remembrance to do it 'properly' makes it far worse.

This is the kind of Anti-Gammon pedantry we can all get behind in these difficult times

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

BalloonFish posted:

Amazing. What aircraft is it?

e: I'm guessing it's a Stearman biplane

Chas McGill fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 2, 2023

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Nothing will ever top that BNP flyer with a photograph of a Polish Spitfire squadron.

That was brilliant.

There was a Britain First social media post a few years ago which had a load of fash-wank about the Battle of Britain and how we need to honour the sacrifice of The Few by expelling all the brown people or something, and it had the classic artwork of a vic of Spitfires soaring over Beachy Head - Spitfires from one of the 'Indian Gift' squadrons, funded by and affiliated to Mumbai.

I wonder if historical aviation artists do it deliberately.

Chas McGill posted:

Amazing. What aircraft is it?

I'm sure it's a Boeing Stearman. Whatever it is, no WW1 aircraft had aerodynamic single-strut cantilever undercarriage like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

All war memorial planes should be ishaks, to detract seriousness from the message.

It's like if fisher price made a warplane.