Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The best part of a six hour video about eve online is you can watch it while playing eve online sitting in a spaceship with one hundred other nerds for six hours waiting for something to happen. Anything. Please something happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the longest youtube ep and series I’ve watched was the secret base/jon bois history of the seattle mariners. It was great, goms

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmFQR0IltDQ

This was probably the longest video essay I've watched and it kicks rear end because it's all about a road.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Sunday Morning posted:

The best part of a six hour video about eve online is you can watch it while playing eve online sitting in a spaceship with one hundred other nerds for six hours waiting for something to happen. Anything. Please something happen.

i would simply play Freespace 2, OP

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu8v5tQjc2I

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

how the gently caress did this boy not know how making babies works

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i'm gonna get a playstation 5. should i get one of the bundles? I don't care about CoD or ffxvi so it'd be spiderman 2 or god of war ragnarok

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Kins posted:

3do kind of wound up as a dress rehearsal for the ps1

It is funny how many things specifically lined up for the PS1 and how it succeeded where others failed, though I think timing and unforced errors by the competition helped. (Massive understatement in Sega basically treating its own divisions with more hostility than their actual competition)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

A 6 hour documentary on eve online just dropped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCSeISYcoyI

Jesus it already has 450k views 14 hours in lol

Someone is watching this poo poo that’s for sure.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Jesus it already has 450k views 14 hours in lol

Someone is watching this poo poo that’s for sure.

eve o peeps gotta do something while the spreadsheet refreshes

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I help run an fucken eve alliance and I'm not watching that poo poo

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I help run an fucken eve alliance

would you say this started before or after posting in yospos? im conducting a survey for science reasons.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

NoiseAnnoys posted:

would you say this started before or after posting in yospos? im conducting a survey for science reasons.

bell curve, with joining eve at the start, running an alliance at the end, and yosposting in the middle

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://i.imgur.com/PoWTgaN.mp4

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
dude needs a tailor

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Cranappleberry posted:

dude needs a tailor

you dont know poo poo about mallow or anything else

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAOrE6LvsA

the animation work in this game owns so much

ive rewatched this three times just focusing on the enemies in particular

they nailed it lol

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
mallow is just a smiling cloud in a cup and if anyone hurts them then they will be cast to hades

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Violen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxAOrE6LvsA

the animation work in this game owns so much

ive rewatched this three times just focusing on the enemies in particular

they nailed it lol

yeah they did, god drat

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Tweak posted:

the longest youtube ep and series I’ve watched was the secret base/jon bois history of the seattle mariners. It was great, goms

jon bois rules and I’ve convinced so many “oh you like SPORTSBALL” types of friends that sports rule through Jon bois videos.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I do wonder if the whole 'sports are for real manly men, only weak wimpy nerds and icky girls don't like them' thing might be something else dying out with the boomers since sports fans nowadays are actually apparently eager to explain what the rules are and how they work rather than use it as an excuse to abuse everyone around them not immediately showing the right tribal affiliation.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
lol cool a J4G something awful is BACK

canceronline posted:

Let's say, hypothetically, that one has played EVE for years. Let's also say, that this individual was part of Goons for ages, and always wanted to be in Goonwaffe. Finally, let's say this r word also payed for an SA account in the vain hope of being accepted into Goonwaffe. What would the hypothetical odds of this individual being accepted into GEWNs be?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

lol

Oxxidation posted:

mallow is just a smiling cloud in a cup and if anyone hurts them then they will be cast to hades

I'm going to use that sentient magic cloud to power my space ship

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I do wonder if the whole 'sports are for real manly men, only weak wimpy nerds and icky girls don't like them' thing might be something else dying out with the boomers since sports fans nowadays are actually apparently eager to explain what the rules are and how they work rather than use it as an excuse to abuse everyone around them not immediately showing the right tribal affiliation.
I think you might just hang out with old people who are assholes. Every old person I've ever known has been super eager to explain their favorite sport.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

Hot Diggity! posted:

lol some real powerhouse posting from that dude right out the gate i think theyre gonna go far

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've never met anyone that gleefully explains the offside rule

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

I've never met anyone that gleefully explains the offside rule

You can’t pass the ball past all the opposing players, you have to take the ball past at a minimum the last one yourself.

You can, however, take a position that would require such a pass from a teammate for you to actively interact with the ball. No one cares that you have made yourself less available to your team.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
in hockey, as an attacker, you can't precede the puck into the attacking zone. Until 2005, american hockey also had a two-line pass rule because american hockey players are slow and of weak constitution.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Lady Radia posted:

i would simply play Freespace 2, OP

:hai:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Hot Diggity! posted:

holy poo poo

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
they should just let him join imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tweak posted:

the longest one ive seen all of was the 8 hour video on every banned yugioh card. it was also epic

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

There's the 20 hour "breakdown" of Skyrim that has millions and millions of views

40 hours if you include Oblivion and Morrowind

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A video gets a view even if you only watch one second. I bet a lot of people just clicked in disbelief.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

oh hells yes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jerma heart, jerma soul

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Dr. Cool Aids posted: