Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Wow, midnight?? What a rebel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Hitler was bad, Hamas is bad, why no I don't see how Hitler's opinion of Muslims is relevant here

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Stupid colleges educating kids into fascist dictators instead of peace loving liberals.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021

Guavanaut posted:

Stupid colleges educating kids into fascist dictators instead of peace loving liberals.

That literally appears to be the marching orders for conservative cartoonists.

A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Every part of the GOP is an extremist of some sorts. A perceptive cartoon.

Bob Gorrell

I really wonder what's going on with Gorrell's cartoons that he draws the palest black characters known to man.

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Breen

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Fine ham abounds, Mom.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
That Deering got a very sincere "Hah!" out of me.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Skios posted:

That literally appears to be the marching orders for conservative cartoonists.
Wow, it really is. Skelly couldn't even be bothered to make the sign his strawman's holding say anything unreasonable.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

It's funny how fast the party line flipped from free speech and all views welcome in the marketplace of ideas even if it hurts some feelings to those ideas are scary censorship now.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

NRVNQSR posted:

The question is whether it's okay to condemn "Israelis" as a bloc for the IDF's actions, just like whether it's okay to condemn Palestinians as a bloc for Hamas's actions.

there are certainly innocent israelis, many of which are in israeli prisons for speaking out against the genocidal actions of the state. i don't think it's completely unfair in this case to speak out against israel, though i think it would be more accurate to speak out against zionists and zionism both in and outside of israel, as that more accurately describes people who are in support of a genocidal ethnostate

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

quote:

KA-CHING! THE WORLD’S ATM, THE USA
Cartoon published 01/02/2023

The United States has become the world’s ATM.

Any war or crisis that might break out somewhere on the planet automatically triggers the USA to begin spitting out as much money as necessary to deal with the problem. Other countries need not have an ATM card. America will generously dispense the dough automatically. US taxpayers (AKA ‘chumps’) pay for it all by means of inflation.

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

The most important state in the United States is Israel. Considering the vast and ongoing fortunes we send them, it may as well be our 51st state. On the other hand, we wouldn’t protect Israel’s borders as fervently as we do if they were part of the union. America also sends money to Palestine in the form of humanitarian aid. It’s a naive thing to do considering how Hamas controls the Palestinians. They won’t even allow their civilians to vacate territory even when Israel warns them and gives them two weeks to leave. The Palestinians do what Hamas tells them to do.

Fight Back Against Censorship with a small Donation! Support Cartoons and Save America

One of our many arch-enemies is supposed to be Iran, but we have sent them billions of dollars, which they have spent arming and training troops to attack Israel. We have sent Ukraine over a 100 billion dollars even though their war is clearly hopeless. (I wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Zelensky sold many of the weapons we sent them to foreign countries and entities such as Hamas). Zelensky must be miffed that he no longer has first access to the USA ATM. That privilege now goes to Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu. Zelensky is now saying he feels ‘betrayed.’

Millions of people from all over the world are pouring into America illegally through our southern border. Traitor Joe is not only doing nothing to stop it, he’s actively encouraging it — and he gleefully provides the invaders with access to the ATM.

You are invited to join me on SubscribeStar- a Pateron alternative, for exclusive cartoons and behind the scenes look at GrrrGraphics, Click to Join!

Almost every time there has been a conflict in the world, America is Yankee-Doodle on the spot to provide money, arms, and troops. When did we become the world’s policemen? Few dare to even object to this folly. Interventionists (war mongers) sarcastically call us ‘appeasers’ and ‘isolationists.’

Our Founding Fathers warned us against foreign entanglements. They preferred isolationism.

We need to follow their advice.

— Ben Garrison
I'm pretty sure the date is a typo and this cartoon is actually new.

quote:

DESANTIS AND BOOTGATE
Cartoon published 11/01/2023

Ron DeSantis tried to reboot his sinking presidential campaign, but he instead tripped over his own feet when ‘bootgate’ went viral on social media platforms.

Ron’s footwear caught the eye of the public when people started noticing the cowboy boots DeSantis was wearing. It seemed as if he had ‘lifts’ in them as well as four inch toe boxes. DeSantis wanted to give his poll numbers a ‘lift,’ so perhaps he thought wearing giant boots would help him look taller. It’s similar to Pence rolling into Iowa on a motorcycle and wearing leather. They both wanted to project a taller, more macho image, like the sheriff in ‘Walking Tall.’

Never Miss A New Cartoon! Sign Up Today For Our GrrrNEWS cartoon newsletter-It’s Free and Easy!

Most men would like to be taller, but the issue is this: Ron felt so insecure that he had to boost his stature by means of giant boots. We don’t want to be a heel about this matter, but Ron should have realized they were way out of scale. Regardless, DeSantis could stand on a ladder and be 11 foot-tall and still he wouldn’t measure up to Trump. The best campaign strategy for Ron at this point? Drop out of the race and endorse Donald Trump.

Join us in the battle to save our Republic! Make a donation today and keep us on the frontlines fighting for you and your children and the future of America!

Can the DeSantis presidential campaign regain its ‘footing,’ or will Ron continue to trip over his own oversized boots? Will his poll numbers sink until they dive underwater like that submarine in the movie, “Das Boot?”

DeSantis needs to get back to work at what he does best—being the Governor of Florida.

We will ‘kick’ back and see how this square dance plays out!

—The GrrrTeam

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Click here to donate to combat wasteful spending

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ella Baron on the UK’s Covid inquiry – Boris Johnson’s handling of the pandemic has come in for fierce criticism this week"

Telegraph:

Politics latest news: AI firms must hand over models for testing, Sunak says

Matt:

Independent:

Starmer battles to maintain Labour discipline over Israel-Hamas war

Times:

Evening Standard:

Keir Starmer's Gaza problem: Grassroots anger simmers at Labour leader's stance on Israel-Hamas war; School closures, power cuts and travel chaos as 100mph Storm Ciaran strikes

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

HootTheOwl posted:

The objectional parts of this cartoon are not the substance which are a correct representation of the situation in Gaza, specially a completely unproportioned response leading to several war crimes including but not limited to an extended bombardment of Gaza and other forms of collective punishment.

If they do not want to be depicted like that then the Israelis could, at any time, stop.

No collagen booster stronger

You could have stopped Bush Jr at any time!

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I'm not the most informed on every story going on around the current conflict. I'm assuming every time a conservative source talks about the Rise Of Antisemitism it's 100% talking about protests against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and phrases like 'jewish residents need to be careful, they are not safe with all the antisemitism flaring up' is entirely concern trolling while ignoring the message of the protestors right? Is there a reliable source on antisemitism being a suddenly growing problem outside of this deliberately manipulative propaganda?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"And that's why we have to keep bombing civilians."

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

Yes, antisemitism is rising, and yes, conservatives are 100% concern trolling about it.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Blind Duke posted:

I'm not the most informed on every story going on around the current conflict. I'm assuming every time a conservative source talks about the Rise Of Antisemitism it's 100% talking about protests against the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and phrases like 'jewish residents need to be careful, they are not safe with all the antisemitism flaring up' is entirely concern trolling while ignoring the message of the protestors right? Is there a reliable source on antisemitism being a suddenly growing problem outside of this deliberately manipulative propaganda?

IMHO there's a lot of confusion between different groups and media about the topic and propaganda surround the topic and also intentional misunderstandings or framing fair protests as antisemitism.

For example, chant "from the river to the sea" can mean several things, depending on whether you subscribe to a one state solution, two state solution, purge of jews solution, purge of arabs solution or anything-goes-as-long-as-people-are-treated-equally solution.

But there is also a real danger of antisemitic attacks increasing when lots of dumb mofos get riled up. But this doesn't mean that you should be worried about Ivy League Jihad, yet.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

L. Ron DeSantis posted:

Yes, antisemitism is rising, and yes, conservatives are 100% concern trolling about it.

Exactly. The vibe they're giving off is "See? The left hates them too!"

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Blind Duke posted:

There are absolutely people attacking jews and harassing people with "kill all jews" rhetoric, and it's a problem. Conservatives just can't tell the difference between that and "maybe don't murder children in Gaza"

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skios posted:

Steve Kelley

1. You can't just call everyone you disagree with a nazi! Only I can do that!
2. Everyone is nazis except the actual swastika carrying nazis on my side, then they're just asking questions and you don't know what's in their hearts maybe they have legitimate grievances.
3. Pretty cool how the most nazi-adjacent slogan you could come up with was "end the genocide", holy gently caress

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Rowe:

Broelman:

John Howard says he ‘always had trouble’ with the concept of multiculturalism (Guardian).

Katauskas:

Former Australian PM Tony Abbott says climate warnings are ‘ahistorical and implausible’ (Guardian)
Also the reason Howard and Abbott are in the news saying these things are they are currently in London as part of Jordan Peterson's anti-climate conservative conference Alliance for Responsible Citizenship.

Lethbridge:

Fires in southern Queensland and northern NSW.

Knight:

Victorian treasurer Tim Pallas. ‘This isn’t right’: Victorian maths exam errors prompt apology to year 12 students (Guardian).

Spooner:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
'the terrorists are using civilians as human shields'

'also the terrorists aren't letting civilians hide in the same places as them'

'i am very intelligent'

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Indiscriminate bombing of civilian targets forces people into seeking the only shelter they can find, militants. A pro ceasefire cartoon

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

ungulateman posted:

'the terrorists are using civilians as human shields'

'also the terrorists aren't letting civilians hide in the same places as them'

'i am very intelligent'

Also just being in those tunnels would immediately cause all and sundry to consider them to be enemy combatants.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

There's no "Most Incompetent Use of a Metaphor" category for the Kellies, but I move that it be created for this cartoon alone.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
while portraying the militants as unknowable monsters who kill just for the fun of it "why would anyone become a militant if they weren't a monster??" he asks while drawing the only refuge as militants and the refugee as an innocent child

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Colonel Samders is not happy. He could be making chicken right now

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Pikavangelist posted:

There's no "Most Incompetent Use of a Metaphor" category for the Kellies, but I move that it be created for this cartoon alone.

Please read the OP for how to make a nomination and just nominate it.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Dubar posted:

There are absolutely people attacking jews and harassing people with "kill all jews" rhetoric, and it's a problem. Conservatives just can't tell the difference between that and "maybe don't murder children in Gaza"
There’s also the Usual Suspects just stirring poo poo. Like, 4chan is trollingbeing themselves on public college forums and boards that don’t require much to register and post. But right-wingers spin this into colleges being Nazi academies because they have an axe to grind against universities to begin with

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

I guess Garrison joins Branco in drawing weird mustachioed Uncle Sam.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Skios posted:

Al Goodwyn

Every part of the GOP is an extremist of some sorts. A perceptive cartoon.

To save time:

Kellies Nomination: Worst misunderstanding of a metaphor.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I don't know enough about British politics to have any position on the substance and meaning of this cartoon, but I absolutely want to point out how good and clever the design of the delivery box representing Keir Starmer is. The forward flap representing his forward cut hair, the amazon arrow being used for his ear, it's just a solid and well done image.

So many cartoons are just stupid and lovely about art, I want to at least praise the people who are attempting to do something with the medium.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Jeff Danziger

Marty Two Bulls

Lisa Benson

Jeff Stahler

Kevin "KAL" Kallaugher

Pedro X. Molina

Matt Wuerker

Lee Judge

Mike Smith

Jimmy Margulies

Ed Gamble

Mike Peters

Bill Bramhall

Paul Berge

Amjad Rasmi

Drew Sheneman

Robert (R.J.) Matson

Adam Zyglis

Ward Sutton

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Interesting, the USA appears twice in this cartoon.

(Once on the globe, and once as a begrudging elderly robot money-cummer.)

Tangentially, "treating me/us as an ATM!!" must be a contender for the defining boomer meme. Do they not understand that we use ATMs to access our own money? Maybe they don't, really; maybe boomers have been generally wealthy enough — though not Garrison himself, of course, he's just cooked — that they genuinely perceive ATMs as magic 'beep boop get money' machines. Which of course is just fine for them, since they're wise and responsible, but no good for their children and grandchildren, who are addicted to tech and don't understand how the world works or the value of money and have never worked a day in their lives and feel entitled to everything. Why, they even feel entitled to the money they've been paid! And also, to be paid! The nerve, the cheek, the unfettered nose-ringed rascality!

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

skeleton warrior posted:

I don't know enough about British politics to have any position on the substance and meaning of this cartoon, but I absolutely want to point out how good and clever the design of the delivery box representing Keir Starmer is. The forward flap representing his forward cut hair, the amazon arrow being used for his ear, it's just a solid and well done image.

So many cartoons are just stupid and lovely about art, I want to at least praise the people who are attempting to do something with the medium.

I mean he's also the most useless possible representative of a party that exists to be full of words that don't really amount to anything. So it's a really good comparison. It might actually be insulting to cardboard to claim that Starmer has that much personality or might ever stand for anything. He exists to give directionless centrist Chat-GPT-rear end speeches about bring reasonable and compromising with a responsible sensible approach.

He's also likely going to be our next Prime Minister entirely by virture of being Not The Other Bastards.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Alright, I give. What the hell does this mean?

TheDarkFlame posted:

I mean he's also the most useless possible representative of a party that exists to be full of words that don't really amount to anything. So it's a really good comparison. It might actually be insulting to cardboard to claim that Starmer has that much personality or might ever stand for anything. He exists to give directionless centrist Chat-GPT-rear end speeches about bring reasonable and compromising with a responsible sensible approach.

He's also likely going to be our next Prime Minister entirely by virture of being Not The Other Bastards.

Cardboard is a hundred times more firm and resilient than Kid Starver is.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

"We have captured a large number of terrorists at the border! This is a bad thing, even though is it the exact thing I want! I have the self-awareness of a nematode."

Kellies Nominations: Most Willfully Dense, Worst Gaslighting

JamesBont fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 3, 2023

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ms Adequate posted:

Alright, I give. What the hell does this mean?

Cardboard is a hundred times more firm and resilient than Kid Starver is.

I think it's just a dumb non-political cartoon with a weak joke. Stahler does that a lot, he's pretty banal most of the time. Like Prickly City but without the preachiness.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Fister Roboto posted:

I think it's just a dumb non-political cartoon with a weak joke. Stahler does that a lot, he's pretty banal most of the time. Like Prickly City but without the preachiness.

Jeeze and here I was PBFing the hell out of it trying to figure out what in Christ's name it possibly meant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Yeah, I'm just not sure if the casserole is supposed to be melted candy or pumpkin guts. (Or, potentially, both.) The glasses of milk suggest candy, but I can't completely rule out the pumpkin.

I'm also not sure why it's supposed to be funny, apart from "casserole made out of Halloween poo poo is ridiculous".