Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah no that reeks of horseshit.

Please be slightly less obvious in your fanfiction than "hey guys, what if they trade for BIll AND McDaniels, oh, and what if they brought in MATT PATRICIA too??? Wouldn't that be crazy???"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

DeimosRising posted:

That story is really funny but mostly because making it illegal to “steal” signals is stupid as gently caress so this weirdo has to go absurd lengths to do something it’s ridiculous to even try to stop
It's like if Gene Parmesan was a graduate assistant

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I can't imagine being the Commies, looking at what Binenemy has done with Howell and not promoting him when they fire Rivera. Binenemy has to 100% get a job this offseason somewhere.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Shinji2015 posted:

Now I'm imaging the Pats signing McDaniels for a coordinator position this year only to trade Bill to Washington in the offseason and promoting McDaniels to HC and suddenly I can't stop giggling

Yeah

The only thing I disagree with at all about Florio's reading, and every sane person's reading, (McDaniels will be available, and Bill's days are numbered, and Bill's not getting the wins record), is "nobody's gonna hire McDaniels to be an HC again"

The day a white coach who's a failure and from Bill's coaching tree stops getting chances will be the first day it's ever happened. McDaniels looking the other way on the taping scandal and getting fired for it wasn't even the end of his chances! It absolutely should have been though!

syzpid posted:

I can't imagine being the Commies, looking at what Binenemy has done with Howell and not promoting him when they fire Rivera. Binenemy has to 100% get a job this offseason somewhere.

Yeah, Washington should keep Bienemy. Emphasis on should. It's just...hard still getting a read at the team and making competent decisions in its current state. Post-Snyder life is hard when you haven't been alive to see pre-Snyder, stuff that seems like easy calls to make just don't align with what you've tended to see them do

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 2, 2023

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Chris James 2 posted:

Yeah

The only thing I disagree with at all about Florio's reading, and every sane person's reading, (McDaniels will be available, and Bill's days are numbered, and Bill's not getting the wins record), is "nobody's gonna hire McDaniels to be an HC again"

The day a white coach who's a failure and from Bill's coaching tree stops getting chances will be the first day it's ever happened.

History doesn't really back this up though.

Mangini, Crennel, and Weis all failed twice, and never got third chances. Jim Schwartz never got a second job, despite media people constantly calling for it. Patricia, Judge, and Flores also never got second HC jobs. Technically BOB had two jobs since he left Penn State for the Texans, but he never got another HC chance in the NFL. Pretty much all these guys just went back to being assistants (or crawling back to Bill's bosom).

McDaniels has now failed twice, both times in embarrassing public fashion. It's a wrap for him.

For all the talk about privilege and failing upwards, they always seem to settle back down at their appropriate level.

Benne fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 2, 2023

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

syzpid posted:

This feels like a week 3 take. The washington offense is bad. howell is taking an historic number of sacks and has 6tds to 6ints since week 3. they're getting 85 rush yards and less than a td a game on the ground. Sure he doesn't have much talent, but it's just not true to say he's getting impressive results out of that bad talent anymore.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

syzpid posted:

I can't imagine being the Commies, looking at what Binenemy has done with Howell

Setting a new sack record?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Benne posted:

History doesn't really back this up though.

Mangini, Crennel, and Weis all failed twice, and never got third chances. Jim Schwartz never got a second job, despite media people constantly calling for it. Patricia, Judge, and Flores also never got second HC jobs. Technically BOB had two jobs since he left Penn State for the Texans, but he never got another HC chance in the NFL. Pretty much all these guys just went back to being assistants (or crawling back to Bill's bosom).

McDaniels has now failed twice, both times in embarrassing public fashion. It's a wrap for him.

For all the talk about privilege and failing upwards, they always seem to settle back down at their appropriate level.

It took 10 years for McDaniels to get a second gig, it's too early to call it on guys like Flores and Judge and Patricia. If McDaniels could rehab his image even after scorning Indy they could too, as could anyone who failed the first time. Shurmur rehabbed his image, Dennis Allen was given the Saints job, Steve Wilks was getting a fair amount of buzz after last year's interim stint and this year before the recent losing streak.

I do agree that you don't get to fail 3 times, but twice seems plausible for everyone once time has passed and people forget why you were such a disaster in detail. Flores would probably be a prime candidate if he didn't piss off the owners with the lawsuit. Judge is a joke and probably wont be back, but if Patricia can embed himself on a good team he could reasonably ride it back to the top.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Setting a new sack record?

A ton of analysts have said that he’s always been like this

See his time at UNC https://247sports.com/college/north-carolina/article/unc-sam-howell-intent-on-reducing-sack-count-tar-heels-mack-brown--164533129/

I recall Kimes saying that he makes decisions that get him sacked pretty frequently

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Commies are:
22nd in offensive EPA
23rd in offensive DVOA
Howell is 20th in EPA/play which is in line with the Jimmy G, Gardner Minshew tier and better than like the likes of Kenny Pickett, Mac Jones, and Zach Wilson.

I guess that's fine? But it's not particularly amazing or anything.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Febreeze posted:

It took 10 years for McDaniels to get a second gig, it's too early to call it on guys like Flores and Judge and Patricia. If McDaniels could rehab his image even after scorning Indy they could too, as could anyone who failed the first time. Shurmur rehabbed his image, Dennis Allen was given the Saints job, Steve Wilks was getting a fair amount of buzz after last year's interim stint and this year before the recent losing streak.

I do agree that you don't get to fail 3 times, but twice seems plausible for everyone once time has passed and people forget why you were such a disaster in detail. Flores would probably be a prime candidate if he didn't piss off the owners with the lawsuit. Judge is a joke and probably wont be back, but if Patricia can embed himself on a good team he could reasonably ride it back to the top.

Flores has a shot I think because he’s shown some competence on his side of the ball when out from under Belichicks shadow but Patricia and Judge only got hired because they stood next to Bill and now that the Pats suck standing next to Bill isn’t worth a whole hell of a lot so they’ve got little chance of a second bite at the apple unless they can go succeed somewhere else, which they won’t because they’re garbage.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patricia is on the Eagles as a defensive assistant and get this: They stink now.

There's no loving way Patricia or Judge are getting another Head coaching gig in the NFL.

Nov 6, 2002

Kalli posted:

Patricia is on the Eagles as a defensive assistant and get this: They stink now.

There's no loving way Patricia or Judge are getting another Head coaching gig in the NFL.

Ok, but we all said the same thing about McDaniels.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean he came back and was a great OC again for a long time. We thought he wouldn't get another job after dicking the Colts over so hard, but we forgot that the NFL doesn't care about being a raging rear end in a top hat, they care about if you're good at a job you're not being hired for, and Patricia and Judge aren't, so they won't get hired again.

Whereas like 20+ teams should be trying to get Josh in the building as an Offensive coach right now.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Getting to rehab your image by working with the greatest QB ever doesn’t seem like a it’s an opportunity that’s open to most but maybe Judge or Patricia can convince Andy Reid to make them OC.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Benne posted:

Yeah no that reeks of horseshit.

Please be slightly less obvious in your fanfiction than "hey guys, what if they trade for BIll AND McDaniels, oh, and what if they brought in MATT PATRICIA too??? Wouldn't that be crazy???"

This definitely seems like Florio just making poo poo up for engagement. But on the other hand, it would be one of the funniest things ever to happen in the NFL so I am into it. New ownership wants to make a splash and trading high picks to acquire the Patriot Way 5+ years past its expiration date is what they come up with :lol:

Like can you imagine, five minutes after he arrives Bill would be working the phones to trade McLaurin for day 2 picks to use on defensive backs and trying to get James White to come out of retirement

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Patricia and Judge took a particularly scorched Earth approach to their HC gigs. Time might cover being bad at your job, but they both seemed like deeply unreasonable and unpleasant people on top of it. There’s got to be a longer than normal half life on the toxicity of that pair.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Bumhead posted:

Patricia and Judge took a particularly scorched Earth approach to their HC gigs. Time might cover being bad at your job, but they both seemed like deeply unreasonable and unpleasant people on top of it. There’s got to be a longer than normal half life on the toxicity of that pair.

Again, so did McDaniels. Nobody had nice things to say about McDaniels in Denver. He was just as bad if not worse than Patricia. He even sweetened the deal when he bailed on Indy at the last second like a coward, and still got a second shot

If Patricia can find the right spot to rehab his image, its not out of the question. Unlikely, but not out of the question. He has HC experience, that alone will keep getting him decent jobs in different places because even if it's not another HC gig, once you've made it you've kinda made it

Spags is another guy who was an absolute disaster coach but he's spent enough time that people have forgotten and he's getting more and more love in KC

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 2, 2023

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

DeimosRising posted:

This feels like a week 3 take. The washington offense is bad. howell is taking an historic number of sacks and has 6tds to 6ints since week 3. they're getting 85 rush yards and less than a td a game on the ground. Sure he doesn't have much talent, but it's just not true to say he's getting impressive results out of that bad talent anymore.

You're going to lump in week 3 but ignore last week against a very good Eagles D?

He's been fine outside of taking a ton of sacks.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Edit: I’m late ignore me

Nov 6, 2002

Febreeze posted:

Again, so did McDaniels. Nobody had nice things to say about McDaniels in Denver. He was just as bad if not worse than Patricia. He even sweetened the deal when he bailed on Indy at the last second like a coward, and still got a second shot

If Patricia can find the right spot to rehab his image, its not out of the question. Unlikely, but not out of the question. He has HC experience, that alone will keep getting him decent jobs in different places because even if it's not another HC gig, once you've made it you've kinda made it

Also, I think people need to understand that how fans view coaches has little to no bearing on what owners and front office people think. These kind of people orbit a different world and have such a completely different understanding of how the NFL works than us. They know how the sausage gets made, because they make it. So someone having a public reputation as an rear end in a top hat is not exactly the biggest deterrent.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Patricia loving sucks poo poo from a hose and has the rape stuff in his background. He shouldn't be near any position of leadership.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Parallelwoody posted:

Patricia loving sucks poo poo from a hose and has the rape stuff in his background. He shouldn't be near any position of leadership.

This is 100% factually true but also addressed by IPS' post immediately above you

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I can't loving stand looking at this drat eberflus anymore, get him off my tv

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Docjowles posted:

This is 100% factually true but also addressed by IPS' post immediately above you

I didn't say he wouldn't be, just taking the opportunity go trash him some more. Because he's poop from a butt.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Also, I think people need to understand that how fans view coaches has little to no bearing on what owners and front office people think. These kind of people orbit a different world and have such a completely different understanding of how the NFL works than us. They know how the sausage gets made, because they make it. So someone having a public reputation as an rear end in a top hat is not exactly the biggest deterrent.

Sure, but most guys who get a second chance as a retread get it because they go back to being a coordinator and do good work there for long enough for NFL folks to think that maybe they’ve learned from their mistakes or can succeed in a better situation.

Judge and Patricia aren’t getting carried by the Patriots mystique anymore because that’s fully dead, so their only shot at rehabbing their image *within* the league is to do a good job for a while at the coordinator level. Since, based on all previous evidence, neither guy is capable of succeeding outside of Belichick’s shadow I don’t think that’s going to happen. It’s theoretically possible by practically it’s not.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
McDaniels bailing on Indy probably isn't looked on as badly by people in the league as it is by fans because Irsay is batshit crazy. His failure in Denver is way more relevant than that

Judge and Patricia failed so badly and in the case of Patricia his replacement took the same defense and made it way better the next year it looks extra bad. The thing people don't really realize is Patricia was never really a "good" DC

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Flores has a shot I think because he’s shown some competence on his side of the ball when out from under Belichicks shadow but Patricia and Judge only got hired because they stood next to Bill and now that the Pats suck standing next to Bill isn’t worth a whole hell of a lot so they’ve got little chance of a second bite at the apple unless they can go succeed somewhere else, which they won’t because they’re garbage.

I would never hire Flores for the simple fact he had no idea what a quarterback should be. Man almost ran Tua outta town in Miami apparently.

If you’re head coach can’t recognize above average quarterback play, you are not going anywhere

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Weebly posted:

I would never hire Flores for the simple fact he had no idea what a quarterback should be. Man almost ran Tua outta town in Miami apparently.

If you’re head coach can’t recognize above average quarterback play, you are not going anywhere

I wouldn’t either but that doesn’t mean that someone in the league won’t give him another shot if he puts together a few good years as a DC.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Breer on the likely Raiders candidates...

quote:

Which brings us to the most obvious name—Jim Harbaugh.

The Michigan coach cut his coaching teeth in 2002 and ’03 in Oakland on Bill Callahan’s staff, and Davis made a hard run at him in ’15 before Harbaugh turned down the job to return to his alma mater. Davis seriously considered it again in ’22, even interviewing Colts exec Ed Dodds (who worked with Harbaugh in Oakland, and is thought to be held in very high regard by the coach) as a potential GM pairing for Harbaugh before getting down the road with McDaniels and Dave Ziegler for the open positions.

If not Harbaugh, Davis could consider Lions defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn, Cowboys defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, Patriots linebackers coach Jerod Mayo or even Jets defensive coordinator Jeff Ulbrich. Again, all four guys would fit that battleship-commander bill. Then, there’s the idea of trying to lure Patriots coach Bill Belichick, with so much of his infrastructure left over in place from the McDaniels era (Belichick, for what it’s worth, revered Mark Davis’s dad)—if Davis is willing to dip into that well again.

Nov 6, 2002

"battleship-commander"

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
No way in hell they double down on the Patriot experience and bring in Mayo or Bill

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Is a battleship commander like a tank commander, but somehow even worse, because it can sink?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Thomas M. Brady Raiders Head Coach

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nodoze posted:

No way in hell they double down on the Patriot experience and bring in Mayo or Bill

Yeah, I still absolutely think Bill and Harbaugh are both on the way out, but not for the Raiders

I'd like to see Glenn at HC somewhere

Please no more Quinn

Nov 6, 2002

We want a leader versed in an outmoded form of battle.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Reading Sun Tzu so I can coach the Raiders.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I can't believe Connor Stalions is Ehud

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Mystic Stylez posted:

I can't believe Connor Stalions is Ehud

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's no more shirts to print, this is Mayo Country now.