Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Can’t make a proper list til we get the new Aesop and Danny records tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Is the new Westside Gunn not good or is everyone forgetting to listen to it like I am?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
it's ok

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheBizzness posted:

Is the new Westside Gunn not good or is everyone forgetting to listen to it like I am?

its fine

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

virinvictus posted:

Album of the year so far, guys? Two months to go and I can’t think of many names dropping before January that excite me that much. Nas’ Magic 2 or 3 have prob been my most bumped, but Maps by Billy woods is also up there

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Maps by Billy Woods is prob my favorite but the new Mike album Burning Desire is also fantastic.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

InnercityGriot posted:

Maps by Billy Woods is prob my favorite but the new Mike album Burning Desire is also fantastic.

I loved his album with Wiki and The alchemist. Definitely gotta check out his album now.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Blue Rev is from 2022.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Blue Rev is from 2022.

I only listened to it this year and frankly I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to listen to anything else again. So I’m sticking with my choice

cardinale
Jul 11, 2016

haha this is fun

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

virinvictus posted:

Album of the year so far, guys? Two months to go and I can’t think of many names dropping before January that excite me that much. Nas’ Magic 2 or 3 have prob been my most bumped, but Maps by Billy woods is also up there

Someone has to release a good album first.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Scaring the Hoes. Easily.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

TheBizzness posted:

I didn’t like it, gave it one listen and it’s super long not going back through

I like That Mexican OT - Lonestar Luchador
Scaring the hoes

Uhhh hmmm

tjones
May 13, 2005
Fav 2023 releases:
Styles P - Penultimate
Sada Baby - Shonuff
Prof - Horse
Boosie - Goin Thru Some Thangs
Mick Jenkins - The Patience
Peewee Longway - Who Am I

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

rap is bad now and i dont care if its because im old

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i guess its technically scaring the hoes or one of the billy woods ones but can i get a lyrical album from someone with something interesting to say one time that has some flow and vibes to it or does every album that isnt drake or ice spice have to be as hard as possible to listen to

virinvictus
Nov 10, 2014

40 lbs to freedom posted:

does every album that isnt drake or ice spice have to be as hard as possible to listen to

That’s how I feel about most of earl sweatshirts output lately

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rap is bad now and i dont care if its because im old

fr fr

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i mostly listened to neph, pap, certified trapper and other random poo poo on youtube because there wasnt much else going on. i like billy woods album just fine but if thats the serious AOTY contender then you know we're in a real slump here

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i guess its technically scaring the hoes or one of the billy woods ones but can i get a lyrical album from someone with something interesting to say one time that has some flow and vibes to it or does every album that isnt drake or ice spice have to be as hard as possible to listen to

lol but also yeah... :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Time for bed old man

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I'm only getting around to that JID album from last year now.

This fucks.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

thathonkey posted:

i mostly listened to neph, pap, certified trapper and other random poo poo on youtube because there wasnt much else going on.

same although for me, it's just what i was into. i acknowledge there's a lot of great rap out this year and every year, but the Flint stuff and then RX/RXK and CT have been my last year. There's just nothing that hits like that for me, whether they'd be considered derivative or not.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

No

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Sorry

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
You should listen to alvvays instead

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Probably the new King Gizzard album

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
this goes crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T9n3GsLzrU

alc said "my face is that of an ancient guard etched on a amulet" and i legit gasped out loud

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Harminoff posted:

Probably the new King Gizzard album

I was really hoping they'd never try to "rap" again :mad:

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Bismack Billabongo posted:

You should listen to alvvays instead

i listen to alvvays a lot but actually found the cRoline polachek album late and have listened to it about 400 times the girls got pipes

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Time for bed old man

ya i wouldnt want to keep your mom waiting turn up the no drums clanging pots and pans beats so u dont hear

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Can someone recommend the most essential work by Ty dollar sign?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

There is none. He's good on features and non existent as a solo artist

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

KVeezy3 posted:

He's probably better as a feature and I didn't listen to his colab with Jeremih or dvsn.

Saved
Straight Up
Pu$$y
Track 6
Freak
Expensive
By Yourself
Your Turn

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

KVeezy3 posted:

Kanye West - Real Friends

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

KVeezy3 posted:

people have already said listen to his features which is the correct answer but if you want more his best releases are:

free tc
beach house 3
featuring td$

roughly in that order... the latter is poking fun at the aforementioned fact that hes a feature rapper

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

Kanye West - Real Friends

this on repeat for a few years

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Couldn’t tell ya much about the fam yo
I just turned up for the yams tho

🐐🐐🐐🐐
Back when Kanye wasn’t bad!!’ Good times!!!!

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
Thx for the rex everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au2n7VVGv_c