Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

claw game handjob posted:

Literally the only things I can think of that would qualify are Our Opinions Are Correct (science journalist and sci-fi writer talk a variety of topics, all over the place) or General Intellect Unit which occasionally does episodes as a book club on works that they think make for a good reading from leftist or societal analysis perspective.

Thanks I'll give GIU a look :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Gripweed posted:

C-SPAM › [Podcasts] The stupidity of these broads is no longer fun

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/menchongdeee/status/1719938830818770985?t=b17nl4sOKtAfRueLZDAuiA&s=19

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
gradenko you're undermining the proposed title change :argh:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

spiritually obese lol

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
ayatollah putting a fatwa on the red scare retards

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I wouldn’t listen to podcasts I don’t enjoy but that’s just me

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some people insist on not complaining about podcasts they don't listen to and THEY'RE ALL COWARDS

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/stavvybaby/status/1720067658710761900

he made it

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/yungchomsky/status/1720113652202697000?s=20

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
It is kinda crazy that leaving the pod was 100% the best career move Stav could have made lol

You gotta feel a little bad for Nick though (not Adam)

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

docbeard posted:

Some people insist on not complaining about podcasts they don't listen to and THEY'RE ALL COWARDS

I want to clarify my previous statement. obviously some podcasts I listen to are inexcusably bad. some podcasts I don’t listen to are inexcusably bad. I condemn bad podcasts in the strongest possible terms and join with others to call for an immediate humanitarian pause in bad podcast production.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

can't see if he is wearing cool shoes or not in this poster tho

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

he should take Brace to the gym with him and get that boy ripped

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yung chomsky is one of the like 3 guys born in the last 50 years that looks good with a moustache

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

yung chomsky is one of the like 3 guys born in the last 50 years that looks good with a moustache

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Wolfsheim posted:

It is kinda crazy that leaving the pod was 100% the best career move Stav could have made lol

The stuff Nick is doing for TAFS is way better than what he did on Cumtown. And you get the feeling that he actually enjoys being alive now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the main podcast is boring as poo poo now, actually

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Gripweed posted:

The stuff Nick is doing for TAFS is way better than what he did on Cumtown. And you get the feeling that he actually enjoys being alive now.

An interview/skit every few months, at least one relapse and a podcast that both hosts seem to actively loathe doing, yeah its going great man lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i say swears online posted:

every episode is just them complaining about stuff for 50 minutes, doing jokes for 5, and then ad reads for the other 5.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/BertChintez/status/1719825437348557261

lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

every episode is just them complaining about stuff for 50 minutes, doing jokes for 5, and then ad reads for the other 5.
i mean this was also cumtown for the last 18 months of it's life too: 50 minutes about complaining about stuff/how much they hate the show, 5 minutes of jokes, and 5 minutes of adreads

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Xaris posted:

i mean this was also cumtown for the last 18 months of it's life too: 50 minutes about complaining about stuff/how much they hate the show, 5 minutes of jokes, and 5 minutes of adreads

This isn't untrue so yeah Stav's not exactly a genius for seeing that the good times were over

But man talk about lightning in a bottle for a couple years there

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Wolfsheim posted:

An interview/skit every few months, at least one relapse and a podcast that both hosts seem to actively loathe doing, yeah its going great man lol

Lol you're not wrong but you have to admit, that interview and skit every few months is gold. They're really trying and having fun and it shows

I'm happy for all three of my personal friends finding success :)

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

I just hate that because that 5 minutes of (potentially) great riffing is so buried that nobody can find it. There used to constantly be new clips being uploaded on Youtube, now barely anything unless it’s something like the cold opens. Someone elsewhere mentioned the “billy bees steak” and not being able to find the episode, and I couldn’t either and goddamn I just want to hear about the billy bees. 2 years ago you’d have five “Cum Town: Billy Bees” vids to pick from.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
sorry the Adam friedland show is good and has just matured while you all stayed the same, like peaking in high school

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

(gay sex noises)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
i like TAFS more than late-stage cumtown (which was truly dire), but it's also not the one i keep up to date on anymore. i'm probably about 2-months behind on TAFS episodes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gorn Myson posted:

(gay sex noises)

i put this on before the super bowl every year

Sep 26, 2020

Whirling posted:

Dune should be colorful but Villeneuve always insists his films have an asphalt-colored filter over everything

we need nicolas winding refn dune. mads as paul. and also as duke leto. ryan gosling as the worm.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Danger posted:

sorry the Adam friedland show is good and has just matured while you all stayed the same, like peaking in high school

sound be on adult swim or something

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
yall like comedy bang bang

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i freakin love rick and morry XD

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Stav sucks on a characterological level. His mother loved him too much and his dad not enough

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
Cumtown is only good for the bits - not in its entirety.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Wolfsheim posted:

Stav is like Vince Clarke after leaving Depeche Mode, he went on to do good work and the band was good with out him.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

liked the conversation with the author on trueanon but big lol at his solution to climate change being wiping out a chunk of the population

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

liked the conversation with the author on trueanon but big lol at his solution to climate change being wiping out a chunk of the population
i better not listen to it and find out you're doing an RGD goon bit that everyone does ITT where you get mad and proclaim something that wasn't actually said because you are half listening while simultaneously vacuuming the floors and playing ck3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

i say swears online posted:

The main podcast is so loving boring and the interviews are so good. Just an incredible gulf.