Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
I haven't picked up Mario Kart on the Switch yet because I can't figure out what I can get without frigging NSO, and honestly the value proposition without online play (which I believe requires NSO) is a bit lower. Maybe some day I'll cave and get it but it's not like it's ever going to become cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Magnetic North posted:

I haven't picked up Mario Kart on the Switch yet because I can't figure out what I can get without frigging NSO, and honestly the value proposition without online play (which I believe requires NSO) is a bit lower. Maybe some day I'll cave and get it but it's not like it's ever going to become cheap.

It’s pretty cheap

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Check out the thread in SA Mart for getting in on a NSO family account. Only :10bux: a year if you’re in a full 8 person family account.

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

I was kinda down on the tour courses until they put Vancouver in there and I popped off at seeing the capilano suspension bridge so I guess I'm part of the problem

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Nintendo's Black Friday discounts are only like 10% off, buy a used copy at GameStop instead.

If you live in Australia and don't already have one, an OLED Mario Kart bundle is coming soon.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Nov 1, 2023

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

No Wario Coliseum.

What was this all for, goons? A year and a half journey... To end like this? :negative:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

American McGay posted:

Lol that the math went from “they’re including every single Mario Kart track ever in the DLC” to “uhh I guess 2 total N64 tracks made it in” thanks to like a dozen Tour tracks loving up the math.

There are like 156 total courses over all the Mario Karts. We were never going to get evreything, even without the Tour tracks

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I cant believe Pauline is fat

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think they should do another booster pack. But just fill in the gaps going backwards from 3ds. I think wii is missing 5 now. Not sure the others.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RuBisCO posted:

I was kinda down on the tour courses until they put Vancouver in there and I popped off at seeing the capilano suspension bridge so I guess I'm part of the problem

The first couple tour city courses weren't that exciting but Athens, Vancouver, Singapore, Bangkok and Amsterdam are all really fun. Athens just feels like a regular Mario Kart course.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The GOAT

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Unfortunately Madrid is probably the most boring out of all the city courses so get ready for that.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Waffle! posted:

Nintendo's Black Friday discounts are only like 10% off, buy a used copy at GameStop instead.
Using a voucher is 10% less than buying it used at GameStop, unless he wants to pay more for physical.

I'm not counting stacking Costco everyday 10% off or waiting for holiday 20% off, which tips the scale more.

E: Google says $49 at Target for physical right now

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I got a brand new copy of Mario Kart 8 on Temu for $22 shipped. It's the Japanese version, but your switch doesn't care. Works just the same.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Tour having so many added tracks makes sense since it didn't even exist for MK8's original release, and it arguably may be easier to port the tracks from Tour than remake older tracks (may be wrong on that since that's pure speculation).

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

No DS Airship Fortress makes me sad, but hey we finally get another Bowser Castle level and Rosalina's Ice World was one of my favorite non-Wuhu Island MK7 levels so I'm not going to complain

Much

Goddammit I really wanted Airship Fortress

Gorilla Radio
May 10, 2007
On behalf of the Serbs, we're very sorry for the Hillary Clinton sniper incident. Next time, we'll aim better.
DK mountain? They're finally bringing DK64 to 64 online! I can't wait to waste HOURS of my life collecting all the bananas and other poo poo for all 5 of the Kongs...

Oh.

:(

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

No DS Airship Fortress makes me sad, but hey we finally get another Bowser Castle level and Rosalina's Ice World was one of my favorite non-Wuhu Island MK7 levels so I'm not going to complain

Much

Goddammit I really wanted Airship Fortress

This and Dino Dino Jungle are the only two I'm disappointed aren't included.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Is this the thread to talk about Switch peripherals? I've been asked to pick some holiday gifts, and one thing I'd like is a controller for the switch that doesn't suffer from input lag like the standard joycons do when I play Tears Of The Kingdom. Is there a specific model or anything that the thread recommends? Ideally, I'd love something that was closer to a Gamecube controller, which was my favorite console controller.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

neogeo0823 posted:

Is this the thread to talk about Switch peripherals? I've been asked to pick some holiday gifts, and one thing I'd like is a controller for the switch that doesn't suffer from input lag like the standard joycons do when I play Tears Of The Kingdom. Is there a specific model or anything that the thread recommends? Ideally, I'd love something that was closer to a Gamecube controller, which was my favorite console controller.

Boy, do I have good news for you (Edit: though I just noticed it’s powered by AA batteries which is a :lol:)

But if you don’t need an exact GCN form factor controller, you can’t go wrong with the standard Pro Controller. I’ve heard good things about 8bitdo’s offerings as well

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 1, 2023

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

neogeo0823 posted:

If you're getting significant latency from the joycons, you probably have a bunch of radio interference. Or you have a bunch of electronics between you and the switch.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Someone looked closely at the trailer and they blocked off the unintended shortcut on the hairpin turns before the bridge in DK Mountain.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I just realized someone is going to recreate the 1st to 12th gif in Mario Kart 8 and I'm so excited for it.

Rugikiki
Jan 15, 2008

Illinois Nazis.
I hate Illinois Nazis!

neogeo0823 posted:

You want a NYXI Wizard.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

EDIT: ^^^ And I'll google up that one as well. ^^^

Cojawfee posted:

If you're getting significant latency from the joycons, you probably have a bunch of radio interference. Or you have a bunch of electronics between you and the switch.

I'm getting up to half a second of input lag, when the switch is docked and I have the joycons detached. The switch sits about 5-7ft away from me, within line of sight, next to the TV when I play. It doesn't start out that laggy, though; The lag builds up over the course of a couple of hours. This is the only game that I've noticed it on. Breath Of The Wild never had this issue, either. Nor does Mario Kart, nor Smash Bros..

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Boy, do I have good news for you (Edit: though I just noticed it’s powered by AA batteries which is a :lol:)

But if you don’t need an exact GCN form factor controller, you can’t go wrong with the standard Pro Controller. I’ve heard good things about 8bitdo’s offerings as well

Aha, thanks for the link! I'll also check out 8bitdo and see what they're about.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Have you already gone through the rigamarole of keeping speakers and wireless devices away from your switch

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

My switch is surrounded by electronics and bluetooths of all kinds and isn't in line of sight from my sofa and controllers work perfectly fine?

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Mr.Acula posted:

My switch is surrounded by electronics and bluetooths of all kinds and isn't in line of sight from my sofa and controllers work perfectly fine?

Yes, but you're maple syrup fortified so that helps with the reception.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mr.Acula posted:

As far as I can gather it’s a dice roll whether your electronics interfere or not. Some guy on Reddit found that his wired speakers were causing lag while his wireless devices didn’t

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Wow Oracle of Ages is kind of broken on NSO. I've started getting graphical glitches where the colours are all messed up until I pause. That's fine, but the bigger issue is sometimes in a story scene the screen goes black - I can still press A and hear the text advancing, but can't read anything. Cool job Nintendo

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/ign/status/1719980209015783431?s=46

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

they’re all Madden games

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

neogeo0823 posted:

I'm getting up to half a second of input lag, when the switch is docked and I have the joycons detached. The switch sits about 5-7ft away from me, within line of sight, next to the TV when I play. It doesn't start out that laggy, though; The lag builds up over the course of a couple of hours. This is the only game that I've noticed it on. Breath Of The Wild never had this issue, either. Nor does Mario Kart, nor Smash Bros..

Before you buy a new controller, make sure it's not some setting in your TV causing a delay rather than input lag. If you have a "Gaming mode" or something like that it would be ideal.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

thehoodie posted:

Wow Oracle of Ages is kind of broken on NSO. I've started getting graphical glitches where the colours are all messed up until I pause. That's fine, but the bigger issue is sometimes in a story scene the screen goes black - I can still press A and hear the text advancing, but can't read anything. Cool job Nintendo

Happened to me because I was only using save states, make a hard save and reboot the game and load the hard save and it should fix things.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Mega64 posted:

Happened to me because I was only using save states, make a hard save and reboot the game and load the hard save and it should fix things.

that would explain it. now to remember how to hard save...

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

I believe it is Start and Select together for the Oracle games.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It just had to be a video game reseller that found them

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ixdvkXe20

Inject it in my veins.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i would kill for mallow and mallow will kill for me