Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kitfox88 posted:

p sure the regret rate for knee surgery is higher than the regret rate for any transgender stuff be it hormones or full on surgical procedures lol

yeah the regret rates for trans treatment is unbelievably low, like among the lowest of all medical procedures, period

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah that dawned on me after i made that post. perhaps the rate of people expressing detrans desires would go down if there wasnt a huge coordinated campaign to make their life a living hell

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
yeah it turns out when you have a choice of either not wanting to puke when getting in the shower vs the very real possibility of being lynched because you went to take a piss a fair few folk will just keep on being dysphoric :sigh:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Cat Face Joe posted:

xpoastin from the musk thread
It's weird seeing people refusing to stop beating this drum since a majority of people do not agree with them on this and a vast majority of attempts to make it an election issue have not went well

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

xpoastin from the musk thread

my twitter is better:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Fabricated posted:

It's weird seeing people refusing to stop beating this drum since a majority of people do not agree with them on this and a vast majority of attempts to make it an election issue have not went well

since when has being the minority opinion ever stopped these people. look at all the republicans crying about corrupt elections, while at the same time tampering with elections themselves.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fabricated posted:

calling all queer people pedophiles isn’t working so they’re doubling down on teens wanting to have some agency over their bodies [which is anathema in several different ways to chuds]

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

qirex posted:

calling all queer people pedophiles isn’t working so they’re doubling down on teens wanting to have some agency over their bodies [which is anathema in several different ways to chuds]

rest assured they are not stopping at teens

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Fabricated posted:

they don't care. views on abortion are instructive here

almost 70% of the us population don't support any restrictions on abortion, and like 90% supports some restrictions on a legal right. almost nobody supports what's been passing in blood red states, not even their voters, but that hasn't stopped them

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

tbh in my decade+ of transitioning while i've run into a handful of virulent transphobes the vast majority of conservatives react to it with a "well i dont get it but its a free country and i hope it makes you happy". ime most people are decent, even if they vote for politicians that do harm

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

yeah. i mean, i think no matter the quintupling down it is to most people just kind of obviously deranged to make it part of your personality to care about other unrelated peoples genitals or w/e.

not that that makes it less of a problem that a lot of those deranged people are around, loud, and sometimes in power, but i don't think they're changing minds much.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

quiggy posted:

tbh in my decade+ of transitioning while i've run into a handful of virulent transphobes the vast majority of conservatives react to it with a "well i dont get it but its a free country and i hope it makes you happy". ime most people are decent, even if they vote for politicians that do harm
Ideology is pretty jagged. I've met ridiculously conservative old people who have simultaneously believed

1. Kids are being tricked into transitioning and that's evil

and

2. Trans people are still "children of god" and it's "none of anyone's business" what they do to their own bodies (when it comes to trans people they personally know)

I dunno, they somehow reconcile these sorts of beliefs

QR Code Geass
Oct 25, 2023

Beeftweeter posted:

they don't care. views on abortion are instructive here

almost 70% of the us population don't support any restrictions on abortion, and like 90% supports some restrictions on a legal right. almost nobody supports what's been passing in blood red states, not even their voters, but that hasn't stopped them

it's almost like the system is set up to be against (or protect from depending on your POV) the will of the majority of people in the interests of a few powerful institutions and individuals

peculiar ones at that

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Fabricated posted:

2. Trans people are still "children of god"

hopefully not in the cormac mccarthy sense

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

quiggy posted:

A few weeks back Trump said, at a rally, "you people didn't even care about the transgender five years ago"

he was right

Apr 7, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

yeah. i mean, i think no matter the quintupling down it is to most people just kind of obviously deranged to make it part of your personality to care about other unrelated peoples genitals or w/e.

Graham Linehan ruined his life over it lmao

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Blinkz0rz posted:

it’s almost 2024 if you ain’t eating rear end what are you even doing

Apr 7, 2003

Eating rear end is so 2019

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quiggy posted:

detrans is definitely bigger than that but if you actually ask folks what led them to detrans it is >90% of the time because they received huge pushback from family/friends/society at large and not because transition was actually the wrong option for them. also there's this idea in transphobic circles that trans people hate detrans people and just... this has not been my experience lol

it reminds me a lot of "ex"gay people where it's usually because of others, not actually because they aren't queer. it's sad

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Eating rear end is so 2019

it’s not always trendy but it’s always in fashion

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Graham Linehan ruined his life over it lmao

it's so funny that he lost everything because he was given some mild criticism

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

A few weeks back Trump said, at a rally, "you people didn't even care about the transgender five years ago"

he was right
Trump was even outwardly ambivalent about trans stuff in 2016, until it became clear it was a conservative wedge issue.

https://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-transgender-bathrooms-222257

quote:

Transgender people should be able to use whatever bathroom they want, Donald Trump said Thursday.

"Oh, I had a feeling that question was going to come up, I will tell you. North Carolina did something that was very strong. And they're paying a big price. There's a lot of problems," the Republican presidential candidate said during a town hall event on NBC's "Today."

Referring to comments from an unnamed commentator who on Wednesday said North Carolina should "leave it the way it is right now," Trump said he agreed.
Trump, and likely a lot of other politicians, are cynically riding this Republican-primary-voter public opinion wave of anti-trans stuff as much as they're reinforcing it

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

it reminds me a lot of "ex"gay people where it's usually because of others, not actually because they aren't queer. it's sad

the "relapse" stats of exgays are hilarious, almost like being gay is an immutable part of who you are

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

prager u isn't even a university. makes u think

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Fabricated posted:

I dunno, they somehow reconcile these sorts of beliefs

everyone does this for some stuff. ideological consistency isn’t really much of a thing, you contextualize and compartmentalize stuff all the time

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

quiggy posted:

the "relapse" stats of exgays are hilarious, almost like being gay is an immutable part of who you are

you mean me specifically? this is big news if true…

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

echinopsis posted:

it’s not always trendy but it’s always in fashion

i think your confused with "fingering rear end" and i have some bad news for you

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

fart simpson posted:

you mean me specifically? this is big news if true…

that's right. now go suck a cock.

Apr 7, 2003

rear end is passe.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

that mf is so wrong

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on the third day god created booty, and he saw that it was delicious

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
echi please don't. we're having a nice night here.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

so nobody could take a poop for the first few days?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

fart simpson posted:

so nobody could take a poop for the first few days?

eh, there was only water, so they only had to pee. making all those tasty animals meant more work :shobon:

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

obviously pooping only exists because of original sin

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Agile Vector posted:

eh, there was only water, so they only had to pee.

this guy has never had food poisoning

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

fart simpson posted:

everyone does this for some stuff. ideological consistency isn’t really much of a thing, you contextualize and compartmentalize stuff all the time

ummm i'm different, i meticulously examine every new thought i have and as a result i am a frayed web of anxiety and self-doubt. get on my level

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Petanque posted:

ummm i'm different, i meticulously examine every new thought i have and as a result i am a frayed web of anxiety and self-doubt. get on my level

whoa this is weird, my monitor is on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eminent DNS
May 28, 2007

graph posted:

a hilarious article

https://www.clevescene.com/news/in-...ewalks-43036409

e: pepper pike is one of the richest townships in the state

did anyone else think this was a pro Palestine lawn sign at first?