Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

i love my large rectangular son max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Redeye Flight posted:

Would you accept Your Minnesota Twins?

Phoenix is getting at least one suburb that sounds really cool, actually. Why? Because it's actually built to be a suburb where people can live in a loving desert, rather than drive cars around in a loving desert.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2023/oct/11/culdesac-car-free-neighborhood-tempe-arizona?utm_source=pocket-newtab-en-us

That looks like it’s just a development in Tempe though? Still pretty cool though.

I think the Phoenix area’s chances of being less car-dependent died in 1989 when voters “surprisingly” shut down the ValTrans proposal.

maffew buildings posted:

something i've found helpful when analyzing cool and good players like our friend cody bellinger is that super advanced analytics are for dweebs who don't like to lift weights, wear sick oakleys and hit homers. based on this analysis, he should be signed to a 10 year deal

I hope the Cubs keep him but I doubt it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Sydin posted:

Congratulations bawfuls on extending your dingers guy:

https://twitter.com/MLByahoosports/status/1720190947772748147

a schwarber of his very own for two more years

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

And a team option for the third!

Also Muncy > Shwarbs and I’ll meet anyone in Temecula about it

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Just because Muncy can :airquote:play defense:airquote: doesn't mean he's better!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has Muncy ever been intentionally walked to pitch to a man with a 300 million $ contract ?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

euphronius posted:

Has Muncy ever been intentionally walked to pitch to a man with a 300 million $ contract ?

Has Muncy ever won the Steal a Base, Steal a Taco award?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Kyle Schwarber played 2 MLB games in 2016 was injured for like 7 months and then debuted in the World Series to win it. Still one of the coolest things a baseball player has ever done.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Has Kyle Schwarber ever made Madison Bumgarner so mad it spawned a meme??

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

Can Jake Peavy count?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Poque posted:

Can Jake Peavy count?
appropriately similar, but not the same

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Schwarber hitting one into the Allegheny mattered more than Muncy hitting one into McCovey Cove.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

12 million per for Muncy is a steal

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

His last deal was pretty team friendly as well, glad he's happy in LA

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

bawfuls posted:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Schwarber hitting one into the Allegheny mattered more than Muncy hitting one into McCovey Cove.

Also that scoreboard bomb in the 2015 NLDS against the Cardinals

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Max Muncy has never bunted in the 8th inning of a world series elimination game.

He's also a good Texas boy from Baylor

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Canned Sunshine posted:

Also that scoreboard bomb in the 2015 NLDS against the Cardinals

Also this

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1582548383125815296

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Schwarber's exploding on Angel Hernandez is one of the greatest things ever, though:

https://twitter.com/JacobsFieldRBW/status/1518419906005504001

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Kyle Schwarber has never hit a walk off home run in the 18th inning of a World Series game, releasing me and 56,000 other people from a baseball stasis we thought would never end.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

bawfuls posted:

Kyle Schwarber has never hit a walk off home run in the 18th inning of a World Series game, releasing me and 56,000 other people from a baseball stasis we thought would never end.

yet

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I didn't realize that Eduardo Rodriguez has an opt out. He makes a lot of sense for the Yankees as mid tier guy so they can add and really focus on the offense.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Schwarber would never let it get to 18

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

I didn't realize that Eduardo Rodriguez has an opt out. He makes a lot of sense for the Yankees as mid tier guy so they can add and really focus on the offense.

If we get a repeat of last year he's getting 5/125 or something like that and I don't think the Yankees would do that

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

If we get a repeat of last year he's getting 5/125 or something like that and I don't think the Yankees would do that

Why wouldn't they do it? That is what a no 2/3 starter costs and they have Severino coming off the books. Seems pretty directionally reasonable.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Intruder posted:

SchwarberThe Phillies bullpen would never let it get to 18

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Why wouldn't they do it? That is what a no 2/3 starter costs and they have Severino coming off the books. Seems pretty directionally reasonable.

I think he's worth that, but not sure they would wanna lock up another oft-injured starter longterm when they have Rodon already.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mcmagic posted:

no no no one hundred times no

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I couldn't go to the parade, woke up feelin like absolute poo poo. Honestly wonder if being wound up as tight as I was for over a week came back to bite me when I finally relaxed.

Wrapped up in a blanket and watching it on TV, and it's good to know seeing all those moments throughout the playoffs can still send shivers down my spine. ANd hey, I get to dodge a covid infection and that's worth something.

Disappointing but I'm trying to find a silver lining. For what it's worth I missed the Mavs parade in 2011, too.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/startelegram/status/1720475337199432168

Jesus hates the Dbacks confirmed.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Snakes do tend to have a rather contentious history there, yeah.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

I'm just going to assume this guy means that snakes are literally an evil mascot because of the bible or something while Texas is the land of God's chosen people therefore Jesus won.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I remember all the times I had to sit through church as a kid, but I must have zoned out when the preacher or pope or whoever mentioned the Rangers

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He's just loving sick of the desert, it's ok

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Well the playoffs are over, the title won, so I can say Evan Carter sucks now

but also not surprised in the slightest, lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

In normal countries fundy freaks are pointed and laughed at until they shut up about it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Did he even say anything bad

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Well now we know who made everyone listen to creed in 2023

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I'm just happy to have number 32 back in center

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wow if Kershaw goes to the Rangers they're going to get their worship on SO HARD