Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
kibiservices

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

haveblue posted:

that’s a kiloservice not a milliservice

look at this shameful post.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
dont sign

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

i will be dead deep in the cold cold ground before I ever say the word "mebibytes"

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
The important thing is to store it as Mebibytes in the DB, but refer to it in the documentation as Megabytes

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

mebibytes is just what i call bytes that may or may not exist

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hellworld thread reminded me of this

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/lovesickdoe/status/1718654175976825116

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1719055397200564603

keep up the good work all

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
the reigning theory, as I understand it, is that Elon wants to drive down the value so that he can rebuy the debt for pennies on the dollar and own the company free and clear (to do what with it? drive it further into the ground?).

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
No, the 'reigning' theory is that elon musk is a dumbass

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

he can spin this

“the company is valued at nineteen billion dollars, thanks to the actions of elon musk and elon musk alone”

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

dpkg chopra posted:

the reigning theory, as I understand it, is that Elon wants to drive down the value so that he can rebuy the debt for pennies on the dollar and own the company free and clear (to do what with it? drive it further into the ground?).

he'd have to declare it as bankrupt to do that and unless the banks were even more stupid than they already are they'd have put a guaranty in there so that he is liable in event of default

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

surprisingly affordable

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have a CAT tractor key and it works in komatsu too. A shitload of the keys are identical because of supplier overlap and because no one gives a poo poo. I also have the 2nd key for the Big Boy tractors

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If you wanna file you own here you go. The weird one is the big boy key:

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

I have a CAT tractor key and it works in komatsu too. A shitload of the keys are identical because of supplier overlap and because no one gives a poo poo. I also have the 2nd key for the Big Boy tractors

grand theft excavator

"drat, he's very slowly getting away!"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

The_Franz posted:

grand theft excavator

"drat, he's very slowly getting away!"

dig ur own hole to hide in

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

If you wanna file you own here you go. The weird one is the big boy key:

paper towel dispenser-rear end key

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My dad made the tractors for a living so these keys are straight from the factory

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

allegedly

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

https://twitter.com/koutyakizoku/status/1715311933061234981

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

the smaller one's for lastpiss

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1719447098037612619

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

https://twitter.com/BunkiePerkins/status/1719377676429819914

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

amillion buggs is an outlier and should nto have been counted

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
every basketball team starts eight spiders per game

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

who would win in a fight? 1992 chicago bulls vs. amillion buggs

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
one bull-sized bugg or amillion bugg-sized bulls

betty boof
Jun 2, 2023

presented by SPUDNUTS

lament.cfg posted:

especially since he changed his name from "Inurmoms Pubichair"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

the gayest hobbit posted:

especially since he changed his name from "Inurmoms Pubichair"

weird why do u think he named himself after you

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lament.cfg posted:

lol

well-read undead
Dec 13, 2022

smh who let my code on a basketball team

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
https://x.com/milan_milanovic/status/1719992674806100439?s=20

Oh my god. This post is serious?

And this is what bluechecks think twitter is for?

quote:

𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗠𝗩𝗖, 𝗠𝗩𝗣, 𝗠𝗩𝗜, 𝗠𝗩𝗩𝗠, 𝗠𝗩𝗩𝗠-𝗖, 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗩𝗜𝗣𝗘𝗥 𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝘀?

Here is the list of the most critical architectural patterns:

𝟭. 𝗠𝗩𝗖 (𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹-𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄-𝗖𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹𝗹𝗲𝗿):

It is one of the earliest and most adopted design patterns. Its primary goal is to separate the application's data, user interface, and control logic into three interconnected components.

Here, the Model manages data and logic, the View displays the information, and the controller connects the Model and View, handling user input.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: For Web applications with a clear separation between data handling and UI.

𝟮. 𝗠𝗩𝗣 (𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹-𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄-𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿):

The pattern evolved from MVC, aiming to address its shortcomings in event-driven environments by decoupling the View from the Model, with the Presenter acting as a middleman.

Here, the Model manages data, views display data, and sends user commands to the Presenter, while the Presenter retrieves data from the Model and presents it to the View.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: Applications emphasizing testing and UI logic, such as Android apps.

𝟯. 𝗠𝗩𝗜 (𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹-𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄-𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁):

MVI is a reactive architecture embracing unidirectional data flow, ensuring that, given a state, the UI remains consistent.

Here, the Model represents the state, View reflects the state, while intent represents user actions that change the state.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: Reactive applications or frameworks like RxJava with a focus on state consistency.

𝟰. 𝗠𝗩𝗩𝗠 (𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹-𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄-𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄𝗠𝗼𝗱𝗲𝗹):

MVVM arose to address complexities in UI development, promoting a decoupled approach with the ViewModel handling view logic without knowing the UI components.

Here, the Model manages and displays data, while ViewModel holds and contains UI-related data.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: UI-rich applications or platforms with data-binding, such as WPF or Android with LiveData.

𝟱. 𝗠𝗩𝗩𝗠-𝗖 (𝗠𝗩𝗩𝗠 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿):

MVVM-C builds upon MVVM, introducing the Coordinator to handle navigation, decoupling it from View and ViewModel.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: larger applications, especially iOS, where complex navigation needs separation from view logic.

𝟲. 𝗩𝗜𝗣𝗘𝗥 (𝗩𝗶𝗲𝘄-𝗜𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿-𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝗘𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘁𝘆-𝗥𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗲𝗿):

VIPER is a modular architecture akin to Clean Architecture. It emphasizes testability and the Single Responsibility Principle by breaking down application logic into distinct components.

Here, the View displays what the Presenter sends, the interactor contains business logic per use case, the Presenter contains view logic for preparing content, the entity includes a primary model object, and the router contains navigation logic.

𝗨𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲: Complex applications, especially iOS, need modularity, testability, and clarity.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/sportsguy839303/status/1720226722971628030

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Ellie noooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

they finally got her..