Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
TIL that a Titan with no abilities left can attack as normal, AND abilities count as attacks, so if they have Windfury, you can use two abilities or use the last one then attack, as did my DK opponent, when my heavily magnetised V-07-TR-0N Prime used his last one to become a Windfury 25/17.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Did Reynad ever end up releasing that card game he was working on forever ago?

Apparently it’s still being developed? https://playthebazaar.com/

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
You might want to check your in-game shop for a free standard pack. I dunno if it's bugged, but I think that's the second or even third one in a short while.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

RatHat posted:

Yeah this looks like one of the cases of too much draw

yeah i could maybe see it in a different class but probably not rogue. gonna be occasionally back-breaking when discovered/generated though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They're giving away a free standard pack every week until the expansion I think

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Draw 7 won’t be good on a lot of rogue decks, however rogue is getting a one mana 3 durability weapon and already has a ton of weapon buffs and cheap damage.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Isn’t this the class that has your next spell is free? On a minion? How is that even a card in the first place. Also don’t need to worry about not having a target just hit that stupid minion.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Did Reynad ever end up releasing that card game he was working on forever ago?
It's still in development. Unfortunately for Reynad Backpack Battles is very similar to what he was doing.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Having played Secret Rogue a fair bit last month, I was much more likely to have hand size issues than to actually run out of gas. It sounds crazy to say, but I don’t think Rogue actually needs a draw seven? Maybe after rotation, when the Concoctions and Double Cross are gone.

The card would be bonkers in, say, Hunter or Paladin or even some variations of Death Knight, but Rogue seems like the exact wrong class for it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
7 mana draw 7 that can’t be played on an empty board seems pretty bad

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

kater posted:

Isn’t this the class that has your next spell is free? On a minion? How is that even a card in the first place. Also don’t need to worry about not having a target just hit that stupid minion.

It's uncollectible, in case you weren't aware. I get their thought behind using rarity symbols for the Excavate treasures but for reveal season it's just been confusing.

peer
Jan 17, 2004

pretty sure it's not a treasure, just a regular common. treasures are 1, 2 or 3 mana (or 4 for the legendaries)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Shockeh posted:

TIL that a Titan with no abilities left can attack as normal, AND abilities count as attacks, so if they have Windfury, you can use two abilities or use the last one then attack, as did my DK opponent, when my heavily magnetised V-07-TR-0N Prime used his last one to become a Windfury 25/17.

hell, if you give a titan mega-windfury, for example with battleground battlemaster and whirlwind tempest, on the turn you play it it can use all three abilities and then attack right away

a new month hits, and now the only class I haven't hit legend with yet is warrior. crafted odyn. let's do this poo poo

peer
Jan 17, 2004

god damnit they're trying this poo poo again

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Oof, am I crazy for thinking this weapon could carry taunt warrior all the way to the bank? That two drop looks pretty cool too, even though I don't know how good a conditional keleseth is ITYOOL.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Honestly they're really good Taunt warrior cards, especially the weapon, and Powderman is SOLID.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Warrior already has ~4 cards that work with a hand/deckbuff + taunt archetype so there's a real chance it'll work.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
They’re all different tribes too so Voone can duplicate them

peer
Jan 17, 2004

ok i don't think this is good but i like it

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

peer posted:

god damnit this poo poo again

I love this art.

One can comment on the state of the game in any which way, but I still thoroughly love the style for a lot of the art/sound design.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
yeah, the art design is half of why i came back to the game. i'm never going to touch wow again unless they, like, remove the sub fee and add expansions to gamepass so in the interim i can look at this little dude and go 'yeah murlocs still own'

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

peer posted:

Seems to imply it can destroy locations as well

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

peer posted:

I think it is really good, like a more powerful but less controllable Patchwork. In control warrior you will often draw through most of your deck anyway so getting one or two activations doesn't seem to difficult.

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

peer posted:

I really like the card. May be fun in duels too.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

peer posted:

Having posted about random Discard and how lovely it is to Pachinko lose the game, I will confirm I fuckin' loathe this concept with all my heart.

"Hey, delayed Patchwerk that goes off three times, random is fun!"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I would simply kill the warrior before his 8 mana card that effectively does nothing on turn 1 actually pays off

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Blockhouse posted:

I would simply kill the warrior before his 8 mana card that effectively does nothing on turn 1 actually pays off
Sure, but you can use that line of argument to justify literally any effect that isn't 'Cost X: Battlecry: Win The Game'.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Friendship ended with Patchwerk, now Boomboss is my best friend. I have to say I haven't been this excited to play Warrior since bombs were a thing.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 3, 2023

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
One thing to note is Patchwerk specifically targets minions, which is what most legendaries are, so it tends to have a big impact. This targets any card so I think it’ll be much less consistent(not to mention having to actually draw them first, and you can’t really control when they go off), and it’s an 8 mana do nothing card the turn you play it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I would probably be more worried about the DH highlander legendary shooting up my hand

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Whatthefuck?
Requires 4 excavates though, so I guess it's ok...

What gets me is the 5/5 stats.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
I mean, they’re all four-mana 5/5s. It’s like the quest rewards being five-mana 7/7s or whatever; yes, it’s an undercosted stat line, but you have to jump through hoops to get it. Unless the Warrior one is really bad, I think the Mage excavate reward is pretty clearly the worst one, not least because the Mage excavate cards are so bad.

As for the TNT guy, he’s the new Tickatus. He’ll make people really salty, and you’ll see a lot of furious Reddit posts calling for him to be nerfed, but he’s not actually going to be that strong… Like, what does this even go in? Enrage doesn’t want it. Menagerie doesn’t want it. Control might like it… but it interferes with a lot of that deck’s selection tools like Chorus Riff, From the Depths, and Steam Guardian, so he might not be worth it even there. He needs a long-game-oriented deck that wouldn’t rather just play Odyn and smash people, and it’s hard to picture such a deck.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
We still have the Mage legendary reveal at Blizzcon, so that could be the good Excavate card Mage is waiting for.

Also: yeah, Tho'grun's biggest problem is being the second eight mana "big keywordless body that sets up for future turns" card in Warrior whose effect is fundamentally less game-winning than the last one. It's hard to fit that many cards of that type in a deck.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
EDIT: Apparently these offers are random, but check anyway as any money off is helpful.

Those on Android, make sure to check your Notifications on the Play Store, there's a $4 off $19.01+ offer that expires 11/17 on any game or app. It makes it seem/sound like it's only valid on some bubble game, but when you look at the offer, it's on anything $19.01 and higher.

The catch is that it's not passive - you have to claim the offer before you can use it.

Four bucks is four bucks, especially going into a new expansion. :shrug:

Bisse posted:

What gets me is the 5/5 stats.

But will ActBlizz the small indie game company remember to remove it from the Zombeast pool?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 3, 2023

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But will ActBlizz the small indie game company remember to remove it from the Zombeast pool?

uncollectable cards have never been in the Zombeast pool IIRC

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Those on Android, make sure to check your Notifications on the Play Store, there's a $4 off $19.01+ offer that expires 11/17 on any game or app. It makes it seem/sound like it's only valid on some bubble game, but when you look at the offer, it's on anything $19.01 and higher.

The catch is that it's not passive - you have to claim the offer before you can use it.

Four bucks is four bucks, especially going into a new expansion. :shrug:

I didn't get that offer for some reason but I do get $3 off when I spend $15 in the Wendy's app...

Szarrukin
Sep 29, 2021

BIG HEADLINE posted:

For some reason I have "1zł off for spending at least 5zł" which is roughly "$0,2 off when I spend more than $1,2". Um, that's nice?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I guess there are random offers. Welp. -_-

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
Ketchup packets. It’s too bad I have a complete Standard collection already, but this is a superb deal for anyone who’s fallen off and wants to get back in.

If the new Reno works the way I think he does, he seems… quite good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

bravesword posted:

Ketchup packets. It’s too bad I have a complete Standard collection already, but this is a superb deal for anyone who’s fallen off and wants to get back in.

If the new Reno works the way I think he does, he seems… quite good.

They seem to have a version of the new set 10 packs = legendary attached for each of the 5 sets included which would make them an interesting value proposition even for people with fat collections getting the minimum 'normal' 5 cards per pack from them if they price them like standard packs, if they attach a premium to them then it's all over